PDA

View Full Version : South Park: The Stick of Truth

Trunks
12-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty excited for this game, it will be released March 4th of 2014 and I've had pre ordered since early 2012. Game has suffered from a lot of push backs on releases dates, but this one is finally set in stone.

Anyone else excited for this game?

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaaV29_Gq-g

xLykos
12-10-2013, 08:55 PM
I'll be picking this up when I'm not broke. I wish I was rich and able to get the cool Cartman figurine in the Grand Wizard edition :(

Samus-Fan
12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
I have never heard of this game until now, and I love South Park!
It looks really well made, though.

Trunks
12-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Apparently the release date was pushed back without my knowledge, I edited the original post. Game isn't released until March 4th of 2014, which ironically is 2 years later from its original release date.

Samus-Fan
12-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Two years after announced? That's insane!
I mean, it does look good in the video. Maybe they just decided to push it back for the new generation

xLykos
12-11-2013, 06:07 PM
This game has had so many problems it's not even funny lol but if you're a fan of South Park then you know what Cartman has to say about preorders, "you know what you get when you preorder a game? A big **** in your mouth" lol

Trunks
12-11-2013, 07:24 PM
It's a long story really. Originally THQ was making it and they were having trouble with money and eventually went bankrupted. One this happened they sold the rights to the game to Ubisoft. At this point the game was basically done, but Ubisoft wanted to recreated the engine, so they started from scratch basically. Also, Ubisoft is a french Canadian company, so I'm going to be pretty upset if they went through and took out all the canadian jokes; it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Hard to complain too much, at least the game is still coming out after all its been through.

Mizel
12-12-2013, 07:40 AM
I can't wait! Have you watched any videos of it? It looks really well done and really fun. I honestly wasn't expecting much from the game when I initially heard about it, but it looks like they put a lot of effort into making it awesome. I am excited :D

Trunks
12-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Watched them all many times lol.

but yeah, definitely going to be a big step above the other SouthPark games that have been made in the past.

xLykos
12-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Watched them all many times lol.

but yeah, definitely going to be a big step above the other SouthPark games that have been made in the past.

The only good South Park from the past I can think of was Chef's Luv Shack lol

Trunks
12-13-2013, 12:01 AM
I don't think there is really any "good" southpark games lol, they've all been awful.