PDA

View Full Version : Civilization 5

Samus-Fan
12-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Hey, so I'm curious if anyone has played this game.
I saw it on a Steam sale for 5 bucks, I didn't buy it, but now I've read it's actually a lot of fun.

Has anyone played it? If so, is it worth picking up during the Steam winter sale?

xLykos
12-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah I have it and it's a lot of fun if you like turn based strategy games. If you can get it for 5 bucks it is definitely worth it.

Trunks
12-11-2013, 07:19 PM
I've always herd good things about it, supposed to be one of the best turn based ROTS games out there. I've never played it simply because turn based games are too slow pace for me and I get bored.

Mizel
12-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey, so I'm curious if anyone has played this game.
I saw it on a Steam sale for 5 bucks, I didn't buy it, but now I've read it's actually a lot of fun.

Has anyone played it? If so, is it worth picking up during the Steam winter sale?

Have you ever played any of the Civ games? If so, this one is pretty similar to the rest. Like xLykos said, if you like turn based strategy games, you'll really like it. Imo, the Civ games are some of the best... just not as good as HoMM, of course :)

Samus-Fan
12-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Thank you all for the responses, this is exactly what I was wondering about!
Seems like once that winter sale rolls around, I'll be sure to grab it.
Lol What's HoMM?

LiNuX
12-12-2013, 10:00 PM
I think HOMM is Heroes of Might and Magic. A few of my friends play it.

I have Civ V, it was fun when I got it. I used to love the other civilization games as well, they're all definitely fun. And for $5, it's more than worth it. I think I paid $30 for mine a while ago.

BobTD
12-14-2013, 05:17 PM
its... it is a good game. Honestly CivII and III where my personal favorite. Really the only thing about civ5 I dont like is you cant stack units and the mape tile system sometimes making blocking players on multiplayer to easy.

LiNuX
12-14-2013, 06:53 PM
its... it is a good game. Honestly CivII and III where my personal favorite. Really the only thing about civ5 I dont like is you cant stack units and the mape tile system sometimes making blocking players on multiplayer to easy.

I agree that it's also one of the things that I didn't like about Civ V. I used to remember stacking my tanks and moving them to take over cities...can't do that anymore.

Civ III was also my favorite. As the Germans. Panzer. Memories.

Mizel
12-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Thank you all for the responses, this is exactly what I was wondering about!
Seems like once that winter sale rolls around, I'll be sure to grab it.
Lol What's HoMM?

I think HOMM is Heroes of Might and Magic. A few of my friends play it.

Yupp, Heroes of Might and Magic :)

bazooka1
05-16-2014, 05:51 PM
It's really good! i like all the game series! great price just take it

vicky_sic
05-15-2016, 01:30 AM
For someone who love strategy games this one is actually a good game

samuel31
06-19-2023, 02:49 AM