PDA

View Full Version : Anime you should be watching!

BobTD
12-28-2013, 01:33 AM
I have been following a lot of "anime you should be watching" lists online, mostly from sites like kotaku. There are a few places you can watch legit anime online like Crunchyroll or Hulu, the just add commercials but those can be blocked with addblock plus.

The Five Best Anime of 2013 (http://kotaku.com/the-five-best-anime-of-2013-1489380623)

Some anime I have been watching recently:

gargantia on the verdurous planet
the devil is a part timer
school days
Attack on Titan

And Im about to start Gatchaman Crowds.

paecmaker
12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
I havent seen that many animes.

The one I can remember is Area 88 and someone about a japanese warship going back to ww2(cant remember the name).

EpsilonX
01-04-2014, 04:23 PM
I thought Attack on Titan was pretty good so far. I don't really like to watch a lot of new anime though, i'd rather go back and watch ones that have stood the test of time and gathered a lot of praise. There are far too many shows coming out nowadays

BobTD
01-05-2014, 06:14 AM
yeah but how will you ever know if the new stuff holds up to the old without watching it yourself?

I dont trust what is popular to be the things that I find the most interesting. Same goes for tv shows, most stuff just seems like it caters to the lowest denominator.

xLykos
01-30-2014, 10:14 PM
I think I've developed a weird obsession with Sword Art Online

ROFLBRYCE
02-04-2014, 01:07 PM
I think I've developed a weird obsession with Sword Art Online

Don't bother with the second half of it man. The first half was amazing, then it gets kinda meh.

Attack on Titan is amazing, I love it. Recently started watching Kill La Kill as well, it's interesting. Little pervy but other than that it holds up. I usually hate the school-based anime, too.

xLykos
02-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Yeah the second arc was definitely not as good as the SAO arc but I still liked it. I'm so pumped for the second season to come out.

ROFLBRYCE
02-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Yeah the second arc was definitely not as good as the SAO arc but I still liked it. I'm so pumped for the second season to come out.

Is it confirmed? I haven't looked into it in quite a while, last I heard they were still on the fence about it due to ratings dropping for the 2nd arc. I hope they do it though, as long as it's gonna get better lol

xLykos
02-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Yeah it's been confirmed for a 2014 release date. They're going to be doing Gun Gale but that was all the more I read to avoid spoilers.

I recently started watching Accel World, its pretty decent.

Trunks
02-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I think I might end up buying the Manga for SAO, I mean half of the first arc was skipped. Only 12 or 13 episodes when 25 would have been a full season. So that means we probably missed a lot of interesting parts. Like how he went from level 40 to level 78 in one episode...

Manga is released in English in March 25th 2014, so might end up getting them.
I might even just get the light novel, it comes out in April 22nd. Probably would be cheaper, I assume there are less books/volumes.

xLykos
02-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Well I finished Accel World. Apart from having like the most annoying main character ever, it was actually pretty good. The story towards the end of the season got really cool and the fights got epic AF. Plus they had a reference to SAO that made me freak out a little haha I'll be keeping an eye for when season 2 comes out.

ROFLBRYCE
02-11-2014, 09:35 PM
I haven't been watching it really, my girlfriend has and I look over now and then, but Blue Exorcist is pretty good. Like halfway through the show and I'm mostly following along, lol.

xLykos
02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I started Guilty Crown the other day, it feels a lot like Final Fantasy but it's supposed to be good.

Guilty Crown was a little too Military/Mech for me so I started watching Kuroko no Basket which is a basketball anime and it's really good.

Kenoi
02-13-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm starting to get into 'Attack on Titan'. I like it so far. (on episode 2)

and I've seen that 'The devil is a part timer'. I enjoyed this series.

Thanks for the list!

*update: I started watching this series called 'Binbogami-ga!'. It's funny and I like it so far. If you're into comedy, definitely check this one out.

EpsilonX
03-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Space Dandy is awesome. New episodes premier on Toonami every week.

KaiserAckerman
08-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Attack on Titan
From A New World
Space Dandy

EpsilonX
08-22-2014, 01:50 AM
yeah but how will you ever know if the new stuff holds up to the old without watching it yourself?

If people are still talking about it years later, it must be pretty good (and not just a flavor of the week type deal.) There's also the fact that I prefer hand drawn art to computer generated art, so I just find older stuff more enjoyable

morphine
02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
attack on titan +1
nisekoi - hilarious :D
parasyte

EpsilonX
02-02-2015, 01:32 PM
I've been watching Samurai Flamenco lately. It's definitely not for everybody, but I absolutely love it. It starts off like an anime version of Kick-ass, then goes through the list of every genre of Japanese superhero. There are a few continuity issues throughout, but they're forgivable because everything else is so awesome.

Trunks
02-02-2015, 06:07 PM
No Game no Life, was really good, funny characters and an awesome plot. It's about to gamers, brother and sister who are the best in the world at every game they play. Then a god from another dimension takes them to his own universe which is almost like being inside of a game. Odd thing is they're translating the light novel to English and they don't even have an English dubbed yet. I've never even seen this before.

Currently looking for another anime to binge watch. Might give in and watch Attack on Titan even though it's not going to be any where near as good as people hyped it to be. Which will in turn make it suck.

norid
02-02-2015, 07:56 PM
For this season... I would say Parasyte: The Maxim is my favorite anime. Much watch for those into light horror and drama.

ROFLBRYCE
02-02-2015, 09:03 PM
attack on titan +1
nisekoi - hilarious :D
parasyte

For this season... I would say Parasyte: The Maxim is my favorite anime. Much watch for those into light horror and drama.

Yes!!!! Parasyte is fantastic. I love every minute of it. It's all over the place, and I love the trap/dubstep soundtrack. It fits it perfectly.

No Game no Life, was really good, funny characters and an awesome plot. It's about to gamers, brother and sister who are the best in the world at every game they play. Then a god from another dimension takes them to his own universe which is almost like being inside of a game. Odd thing is they're translating the light novel to English and they don't even have an English dubbed yet. I've never even seen this before.

Currently looking for another anime to binge watch. Might give in and watch Attack on Titan even though it's not going to be any where near as good as people hyped it to be. Which will in turn make it suck.

No Game No Life was great. I loved how much color it was. At first I thought the fan service was almost overboard (and I'm a Kill La Kill fan!!) and catching myself going "lol why am I even watching this" then in the last 3 minutes going "......well now I need to see what happens next." they way EVERYTHING in the show is related and they dynamics of the siblings thinking ahead just made it so damn entertaining.

TonyDrebin
05-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Kill La Kill, all the way!