PDA

View Full Version : Season 4

LiNuX
01-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Anyone else here doing Ranked games for Season 4?

I never really took an interest the first two seasons, but since Season 3, I've found the competition a way to keep interested in the game. I just finished my 10th ranked game to be placed in a division, they put me in Silver III. Better than Season 3, where they started me off at Bronze IV for some reason.

xLykos
01-26-2014, 01:02 AM
I haven't got a chance to do my ranked games yet, probably end up going like 5-5 and gettting bronze -_-

Trunks
01-26-2014, 09:58 PM
I got stuck in bronze this season because I was trying to carry my friend to silver. Found out he is the uncarrayable. Hopefully I get back to silver quickily, I'm on brozne 1.

I read they did a soft reset on MMR for ranked. So basically it was all about how many wins you got this season for your placement.

xLykos
01-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Currently 3-2, seems impossible to get a competent team for 2 games in a row

LiNuX
01-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Currently 3-2, seems impossible to get a competent team for 2 games in a row

For the first 10 games, I actually started off at 5-0, then lost 4 in a row and thought that Riot is setting me up to finish 5-5, but ended up winning the 10th game and finished 6-4.

Then my first official game in Silver III, we get a troll top and of course, we lose.

xLykos
01-27-2014, 12:41 AM
Well to further extend my point of not being able to win 2 in a row... I had an ap Teemo go adc and I also had a guy that wouldn't trade me so I had to end up jungling Blitz... So yeah we lost that one

Ziek88
01-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Last season put me off of playing solo queue pretty badly. I placed silver V and was gaining approx 35 lp per win. Then I literally had 15 matches in a row where I had a minimum of 1 afk on my team. Not the kind that doesn't load in. They kind that loads in runs to their lane, says something like "Imma Feed!!!!" and then proceeds to do just that. I say minimum of 1 because about half had 2 or 3 of them. Was awesome. Can't seem to give myself the motivation to do solo queue again.

LiNuX
01-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Well to further extend my point of not being able to win 2 in a row... I had an ap Teemo go adc and I also had a guy that wouldn't trade me so I had to end up jungling Blitz... So yeah we lost that one

That sucks :/ game would have been so much more fun if half of the community was banned, imo.

Last season put me off of playing solo queue pretty badly. I placed silver V and was gaining approx 35 lp per win. Then I literally had 15 matches in a row where I had a minimum of 1 afk on my team. Not the kind that doesn't load in. They kind that loads in runs to their lane, says something like "Imma Feed!!!!" and then proceeds to do just that. I say minimum of 1 because about half had 2 or 3 of them. Was awesome. Can't seem to give myself the motivation to do solo queue again.

I know how much that sucks! I actually stopped playing ranked because of games like that. I also had 10+ games with at least an afk or feeder/troll on my team, forced me to go from Silver I to Silver II and I just gave up because I couldn't even get back to the qualifiers because of my team. I lost a lot of LP from LP decay, but I was so demotivated to play.

xLykos
01-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Ended up going 6-4 and getting Silver 4, at least it's not bronze lol

Ziek88
01-29-2014, 07:16 AM
I'll be happy placing in silver. I plan to eventually duo queue with a friend of mine. We play well off each other and if we both bring our game we can usually carry teams. Just gotta be in the mood to do it.

xLykos
01-29-2014, 10:55 PM
I had to say screw it and break out the jungle Wukong and carry my teams to the W. I ended up going 15-8-19, 12-1-10, and 6-0-9 and went 3-0 with the Monkey King.

xLykos
02-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Won my first promo series got promoted to silver 2. Which is weird because I swore I placed into silver 4...

LiNuX
02-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Won my first promo series got promoted to silver 2. Which is weird because I swore I placed into silver 4...

Very cool, congrats!

I'm in my promo to move up to Silver II now. Haven't played any of the promo games yet.

xLykos
02-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I couldn't even get out of silver 4 last season because of how bad my teams were. Started playing carry jungles this season and I'm already in silver 2 lol

LiNuX
02-02-2014, 06:34 PM
I couldn't even get out of silver 4 last season because of how bad my teams were. Started playing carry jungles this season and I'm already in silver 2 lol

Nice, I checked your stats, I figured you were doing either a lot of jungling or top. I'm 3-1 with Jungle Shaco. People always complain when I pick him, but they don't understand! My one loss came from a game with an afk.

My choice of jungler last season was Nocturne.

xLykos
02-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I broke out Nocturne for the first time this season a few games ago, the other team was like "why can't this Nocturne be on our team?" lmfao

Ziek88
03-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Finally got the motivation to start doing my placements. Only 2 in but that's two matches I can put in the W category. Also 2 for 2 on being asked if I was a smurf. Looks like I just need to keep getting mid lane in ranked. Hoping I can keep this going. Seems mid bronze to mid silver players lack any familiarity with Brand and Syndra.

LiNuX
05-11-2014, 11:29 AM
I somehow made it to Silver I, I used to play a ranked game once every 2-3 days after work when I had time and a few days ago, I didn't even notice I was in my series.

I was Silver I last season too, let's see if I can actually make it to gold.

Trunks
05-12-2014, 11:26 AM
I made the mistake of trying to carry my friend to silver, he's a new level 30 and for some reason doesn't have a great grasp on the game. So I ended up going 4/6 in my promo and getting placed in Bronze 1. Stopped playing for 2 or 3 months and just started again last weekend. Took me a week to get out of Bronze, one my first Promo series, went 3-1. Be nice if I could get to gold, but I don't see myself getting there all the way from silver 5.

LiNuX
05-12-2014, 08:12 PM
I made the mistake of trying to carry my friend to silver, he's a new level 30 and for some reason doesn't have a great grasp on the game. So I ended up going 4/6 in my promo and getting placed in Bronze 1. Stopped playing for 2 or 3 months and just started again last weekend. Took me a week to get out of Bronze, one my first Promo series, went 3-1. Be nice if I could get to gold, but I don't see myself getting there all the way from silver 5.

There's still a chance.

I don't know if I'll be getting to Gold, the game generally tries to screw me over around this time. I was Silver I last season too, went to my series a couple of times, but lost and went all the way down to Silver II. Was, not, fun. And then I stopped playing.

xLykos
05-12-2014, 10:42 PM
I had so much hope that I was going to get gold after being silver 2 a week into the season. Got clear into the promo into silver 1, lost that then plummeted clear to silver 5...

Ziek88
05-13-2014, 04:18 PM
That's rough. I've still barely touched solo queue. So far I've had success when the mood strikes but I'm only 3 games in. plenty of time for disaster. I prefer team matches but it's always so hard to actually get 5 people able to play at the same time.

xLykos
05-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Speaking of which, the GF team is close to be disbanded due to inactivity

LiNuX
05-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Speaking of which, the GF team is close to be disbanded due to inactivity

And then I'll just re-register it, I've done it once already lol.

xLykos
05-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Yeah I don't imagine the name will be taken lol

Been playing like the white Bengi tonight, feeling pretty good lmfao

LiNuX
05-17-2014, 03:05 PM
So I just made Gold V. Didn't think I'd get there this quickly. Won 5 in a row to get there, my series wins were with Lux, Jinx, and Nasus. Nasus wasn't even my pick, they stuck me with jungle and complained when I picked shaco, so I traded with someone else who picked nasus and I gavehim Wukong.

The enemy team was all AD during my last game as Nasus, so I just stacked armor. Randuins, Thornmail, frozen heart, and almost had a warmogs. Didn't think I'd win that one since I was camped by their jungle top (rengar). But finished 11-8-20. Now I see why nasus gets banned from Ranked queues so much. Get enough farm and he's practically unstoppable.

paecmaker
05-18-2014, 02:39 AM
Yeah, Ive seen that, Nasus is so freaking op if he gets his farm. :p

Imperial_Kade
05-19-2014, 10:44 PM
agree completely with Nasus Ult=NEVER DIE

Edit:
Anyone watching the LCS????

My fav team:
TSM

xLykos
05-20-2014, 02:14 AM
My boy Meteos and C9 baby all the way

Edit: since were talking about Susan games I figured I'd post my most impressive ranked Nasus game lol
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b614/JessexAdams/unnamed_zpsc9f2a7a5.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/JessexAdams/media/unnamed_zpsc9f2a7a5.jpg.html)

LiNuX
05-20-2014, 05:01 PM
agree completely with Nasus Ult=NEVER DIE

Oh yeah, the last two times I played nasus, I just farmed up my Q and built full defense.

My boy Meteos and C9 baby all the way

Edit: since were talking about Susan games I figured I'd post my most impressive ranked Nasus game lol
http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b614/JessexAdams/unnamed_zpsc9f2a7a5.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/JessexAdams/media/unnamed_zpsc9f2a7a5.jpg.html)

Very nice! A lot better than my best Nasus.

Ziek88
05-21-2014, 08:16 AM
I do like a good susan. I'm too inconsistent top lane though. Did a lot of jungle susan season 3 though.

I've finally been more active in team ranked. Played a bunch of 3s with a plat 1 team and was pumped to not feel like deadweight. Actually outfarmed and outplayed my lane opponents.

My more appropriately ranked 5s team is going well too. We placed brobze 4 which sucks but will climb fast. 26 LP for one win and now that we aren't facing new teams of plats they are easy wins. We should at least climb to silver easily. Out game last night was the beerfest approach. We won hard early, played like fools. Then decided to win and aced them 3 times in a row. Dumb play against better opponents but hey, it's bronze and half of us had just come home from a pub.

LiNuX
07-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Just made it to Gold III in the game. First time getting this high. At one point, I went from my Gold IV promo to Gold V with 0 LP.

My Lulu has been carrying me. 9:2 win/loss ratio now with her. Won my two promos with her (lost one with morgana due to troll top).

On another note, the GF ranked team got demoted to Silver V lol, due to inactivity.

paecmaker
07-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Its a bit sad(with the gf team), I would play but sadly I dont have time.

Ziek88
08-04-2014, 06:07 AM
I'm usually up for ranked team games. I want the end of season wards. Also, I have a gold 1 TT team that could use some pushing but my friends aren't able to play at that level yet so just been keeping it from decay till I can find people able to handle it.

I always seem to be on when nobody else is though. I do see Linux and Kade on pretty often though.

Gamer, lost how? In league?

SanctionAngel
08-05-2014, 08:30 AM
I support through my ranked games (and my normals) and I'm currently stuck in Bronze III. Started in Silver lost my way to bronze because I didn't support. Not saying that the supports we had weren't any good I just feel it takes a sort of finesse to support. And I would play my off lane (Top) and we'd lose terribly but with my supports my Win/Loss Ratio is phenomenal. Bah Ramble Ramble Ramble

LiNuX
08-23-2014, 10:30 PM
I guess I go up a division every month, just made Gold 2.

Lost the first game in my promos because of Riot's servers lagging, 2 people never loaded and I kept disconnecting. Wasn't even a loss forgiven :( but won the next 2. First time this high in ranked.

xLykos
09-01-2014, 11:44 PM
This has been my life all season...

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b614/JessexAdams/mylife_zpsf230651b.png (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/JessexAdams/media/mylife_zpsf230651b.png.html)

Ziek88
09-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Remember that time solo queue was an accurate representation of how good someone was?

Me neither.

This has been my life all season...

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b614/JessexAdams/mylife_zpsf230651b.png (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/JessexAdams/media/mylife_zpsf230651b.png.html)

LiNuX
09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, that happened to me a handful of times. I opened a thread about it where I got booted and that match never showed up in my history, it happened again this past weekend.

I was in my promos to Gold 1 this weekend, as you can guess, I was disconnected. BUT I was able to reconnect after maybe 20 mins, but by then it was too late, no way to come back. Should have been a loss prevented but nope.

Their Double IP weekend didn't work so well because of all those disconnects.

xLykos
09-02-2014, 10:20 PM
I just bought a new router to replace my old one. It was like 8 years old or something like that. So hopefully that helps the problem

LiNuX
09-03-2014, 06:42 AM
I just bought a new router to replace my old one. It was like 8 years old or something like that. So hopefully that helps the problem

Was the connection issues your router or Riot? I know Riot has been having a lot of issues with their servers lately, and they're constantly DDoS'd this season.

xLykos
09-03-2014, 10:49 PM
It was both. The new router has helped though

Trunks
09-04-2014, 03:00 PM
I'd try pinging your router when you get DC'd in League of Legends. If the pings low it would be on riots side. Or modem/wiring to modem.

I haven't DC'd in league once since my new router almost a year ago. I upgraded to 50mb internet and when that happened, my ISP had to come rewire our connection from the line on the electrical pole because it was old and didn't support it. So we have new everything, wiring, modem and Router. I don't think I ever dropped connection other than a few times where a router reset was all that was needed.

I might have just been lucky when playing League though.

LiNuX
09-05-2014, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Trunks;348655

I might have just been lucky when playing League though.[/QUOTE]

It's very random, and very annoying when it happens. And riot acknowledges that it's them most of the time. So you might just be playing at the perfect times.

On another note, I just made Gold I:

http://www.gamers-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1538&d=1409954850

I went all out in that game, I was mid talon, ganked both top and bottom constantly and didn't let Ahri breathe. And it paid off. I died all 5 times because of Gragas, he was always able to hold me in place while nid, panth, or cait killed me.

Wonder if I can get to Platinum this season.

I lagged pretty badly that last game for a good 10 minutes, I immediately thought Riot hated me and didn't want me to progress, but it got better. Everyone in the game lagged, so it evened everything out.

Ziek88
10-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Well I've finally motivated myself to get my placements done. Coomed out 3 more and only have 4 to go. If I win them, supposedly I'll place gold 5-3. Most of my opponents have been silver 3 - gold 3. The ones that are averaging 5/5 are placing silver 3. I'm currently sitting at 6/0. If this could be a 10 game season that would be sweet.

LiNuX
10-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Good luck! Join us on the gold side!

I don't think I'll have time to go Platinum this season.

Ziek88
11-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Not joining on the gold side haha. Finished my placements tonight. 9/1 got me silver 2. That's enough solo duo for me for this season. Victorious morg looks terrible anyway.

LiNuX
11-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Not joining on the gold side haha. Finished my placements tonight. 9/1 got me silver 2. That's enough solo duo for me for this season. Victorious morg looks terrible anyway.

I thought that win:loss ratio would at least land you in gold 5. I was 6-4 and landed in Silver 3.

Guess I didn't have much to gain from winning 3 extra games.

Ziek88
11-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Considering average rank of my opponents from game 1 was gold 4, I was expecting 9/1 to place me higher too. I mean, at least silver 1.

It's fine by me though. Silver 2 is respectable and I'm not willing to grind out that many solo queue games. Really looking forward to the map update and having time to play more team ranked soon.