PDA

View Full Version : Teaching my friend invading.

Ziek88
02-10-2014, 12:40 PM
So recently a friend of mine got to level 30 and he likes the jungle. He's doing really well considering how new he is. Really well. I've started trying to teach him counterjungling/invading. Right after I tell him we need to start doing this we do a match where enemy team starts by invading his red so we go straight from his blue to their red. Told him to save smite. The results.

Counter Invade - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fCCf66w6nQ)
Nothing happens till about 2 minutes.

Now he wants to invade all the time. He is nautilus, Leblanc was a random who had the same thought process we did. Was awesome.

*Disclaimer: I am a terrible Lee Sin in lane. Always played him jungle twisted treeline. Also, sorry about the clicking. Testing a new recording method and it picked up my vent chat clicks.

xLykos
02-10-2014, 10:44 PM
With the way the jungle is now, counter jungling is pretty obsolete. Taking buffs is about the only thing worth doing now since it is literally impossible to fall behind in the new jungle, imo.

Ziek88
02-11-2014, 06:46 AM
It still allows you to get vision control on where the enemy jungler is and with team coordination, collapse on and kill the enemy jungler. That does put the enemy jungler behind and remove it's gank potential.

Not something that will often work in solo queue but from a team perspective, it's rather useful.

xLykos
02-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah I forgot to mention getting kills on the jungler