PDA

View Full Version : Guardians of the Galaxy

EpsilonX
04-09-2014, 03:24 AM
http://cdn2-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2014/01/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-cast.jpg

Anybody else really excited to see Guardians of the Galaxy? It'll be nice to see a new Marvel Studios film that isn't based on one of the Avengers, as much as I love them.

Trailer: Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy - Official Teaser Trailer - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EZgB04jHto)

Ziek88
04-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Had I known this was coming, I would have been excited. This summer they say? I now know a movie I will be planning to go see.

Trunks
04-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Yes, very excited and it's going to be awesome. I just hope Rocket Raccoon gets a new catch phrase instead of the one he uses in the comics "Ha Murdered you." Because it gets old lol.

ROFLBRYCE
04-09-2014, 09:19 AM
It's one comic series I never got into but the movie looks very promising. I can't wait for it to come out, I needs me some super hero flicks.

linxisme
04-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Dang I never knew anything about it. My wife is big marvel buff she will like this .

Mizel
04-09-2014, 12:22 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!

I love what Marvel is doing with superhero movies and comedy. It's amazing.

Trunks
04-09-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm also excited for the Marvel Netflix exclusives.

Daredevil, Ironfist, Luke cage and Jesse Jones. 4 different super heroes is epic. Plus they plan to have a mini event where they all join together for a few episodes.

Plus they already have Green Arrow, Agents of Shield. Then The Flash and Arkham City one is coming soon as well. Super hero stuff is definitely kicking in full gear over the next few years. Pretty exciting IMO.

Mizel
04-09-2014, 02:22 PM
I'm also excited for the Marvel Netflix exclusives.

Daredevil, Ironfist, Luke cage and Jesse Jones. 4 different super heroes is epic. Plus they plan to have a mini event where they all join together for a few episodes.

Plus they already have Green Arrow, Agents of Shield. Then The Flash and Arkham City one is coming soon as well. Super hero stuff is definitely kicking in full gear over the next few years. Pretty exciting IMO.

I had no idea Netflix was doing anything exclusive with Marvel. That's awesome!

EpsilonX
04-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah, so far this is what's coming up for Marvel:

Guardians of the Galaxy in August, Avengers: Age of Ultron in May 2015, Ant-Man in August 2015, Captain America 3 in May 2016. The four Netflix shows, a potential Peggy Carter TV show, and a Dr Strange movie (with no confirmed date). They have a rough idea of what they would like to happen for years to come (I think up until 2028)

I love the MCU so much lol

Trunks
04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
I had no idea Netflix was doing anything exclusive with Marvel. That's awesome!

Yep Daredevil TV show is supposed to air early 2015. Hopefully it's about 20 times better than the movie.

linxisme
04-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Everyone hated d aredevil. But me ...then again. Everybody loved Spiderman two but me. The directors cut of daredevil is horrid and they should defiantly be happy they didn't release it as the final version. This post is starting to become more about marvel in general and less about guardians of galaxies. It to me seems when the marvel games wer in there prime the movies wer just getting good when they started making great movies the games flopped. But now days people will play stupid facebook marvel games just becuase there favorite hero is in it. Its a gimmick even tho the movies are quality the they pretty much carry the grunt of the fandom . And girls like suoerguys.....captain America iron man bat man any man ....but spiderman he is the ***** hero for the kids who will never be fit

EpsilonX
04-09-2014, 09:18 PM
It kind of has become about the MCU in general, but that's okay because they're part of the same "series" if you will, so it's okay.

linxisme
04-09-2014, 11:12 PM
I remember the good old days with marvel alliance . That was the avenger movie of my childhood . I can only imagine how these kids see these movies what impressions they leave . I kinda wish I could enjoy that again

Mizel
04-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Yep Daredevil TV show is supposed to air early 2015. Hopefully it's about 20 times better than the movie.

I actually never saw the movie but I've heard nothing but terrible things about it. Even from Affleck who was upset the movie turned out to be terrible because DD is his favorite superhero and he was so excited to get the part. I really wasn't into Daredevil as a superhero until recently... but now that I've read some of his stuff, I really like him.

Kenoi
04-11-2014, 08:50 AM
I remember my cousin being so into the comics of this series back then...

I just want to see the raccoon shooting that gun according to the previews. haha!
nah, I'm actually going to check it out, It must be worth watching

ROFLBRYCE
04-11-2014, 10:39 AM
I just still can't believe that DC said they don't want a Wonder Woman movie yet, as the world isn't ready for it (or something along those lines, I can't find the context now of course lol.)

But then Marvel comes up in here like "Here's a tree and a talking raccoon! Have fun guys! :D"

It's pretty awesome lol.

EpsilonX
04-11-2014, 11:51 AM
I just still can't believe that DC said they don't want a Wonder Woman movie yet, as the world isn't ready for it (or something along those lines, I can't find the context now of course lol.)

But then Marvel comes up in here like "Here's a tree and a talking raccoon! Have fun guys! :D"

It's pretty awesome lol.

Well, they seem to be taking their DCU differently than Marvel. I feel like DC is just going to keep introducing new JLA characters in the MoS sequels, as opposed to making individual films and bringing them together like Marvel has been

ROFLBRYCE
04-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Well, they seem to be taking their DCU differently than Marvel. I feel like DC is just going to keep introducing new JLA characters in the MoS sequels, as opposed to making individual films and bringing them together like Marvel has been

Yeah that's true, I never really looked at it that way. The Marvel way is working out a lot better imo, but the hype for the Batman V Superman is unreal for me.

EpsilonX
04-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah that's true, I never really looked at it that way. The Marvel way is working out a lot better imo, but the hype for the Batman V Superman is unreal for me.

So far, yeah, but that's because we've only gotten one film in the DC film universe :P. I think that the way they're handling things will work out better for them than if they tried to directly emulate what Marvel has been doing.

linxisme
04-13-2014, 12:31 AM

It's pretty awesome lol.
I dont understand how could wonder woman have her own movie. How boring would a film about the kitchen and making sandwiches the world is not read for a independent women super hero movie. This 1950 dont ya know

EpsilonX
04-13-2014, 01:50 AM
the world is not read for a independent women super hero movie.

Apparently not, just look at catwoman haha

linxisme
04-13-2014, 02:37 AM
I know right. Lmfao. Orgazmo was a more qualified super hero movie.
I can't think of a single female lead super hero movie that is really good.
Unless yoy count kick-ass which I would.

Trunks
04-13-2014, 09:44 AM
You could argue X-men 2. Jean Grey was one of the main focused characters, the plot revolved around her.

I guess that's a stretch though. I honestly wouldn't really want to see a Wonder Woman movie. She's basically a copy of Superman and I hate Superman and most of DC heroes. DC sucks.

Mizel
04-14-2014, 07:56 AM

Has there even been any hype for this movie? lol All I've heard about it since the cast was announced was people making fun of it and saying how it's doomed to fail :P

Thomas1
04-14-2014, 08:05 AM
I do not think that there has been a whole lot of hype aside from the trailer because it is going to be a while before it comes out. However, given the source material and the trailer I do have very high hopes for this movie. I think it could be amazing.

katyte522
08-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Movie was ok, but not great, it was boring sometimes