PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart 8

Trunks
05-12-2014, 11:20 AM
I pre-ordered this game a couple of months ago. Just checked today to see what the pre order bonus was. You get a free Mario Kart Poster which I will enjoy and also a free game! You get to pick between some pretty popular titles. Pikman 3, Legend of Zelda WindWaker, Super Mario Bros. U and Wii Party U. I was pretty amazed by this, these are some popular titles. Already have Zelda, so I'll end up getting Pikman 3 probably.

Nothing like buying a great 60 dollar game and getting another great 50 dollar game for free. Only downside is that the free game you choose you get a dwonload code through club nintendo. So hopefully you have a decent size harddrive.

I'm excited for Mario Kart 8 though, looks like they added a lot of new stuff to it. The track designs look fun and the game looks amazing. Can't wait to see more Mario games in HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_9W2WkK4AU

ROFLBRYCE
05-12-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm excited to play it. It was the only reason I bought a Wii-U to begin with! With this plus SSB4 on 3DS/WiiU Nintendo is gonna have a pretty awesome year.

Mizel
05-18-2014, 09:31 AM
We did the same thing! Awesome deal. DEFINITELY getting Pikmin 3. Can't wait to play that game :D

Mizel
05-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Picked it up this afternoon on my lunch!

Game was $59.99 at Target. It also comes with a free steering wheel controller thing. Also, they do price matching, and it's on sale for $49.99 at Fry's. And if you sign up for Target crap you get an additional 10% off. So I got MK8, a steering wheel, and another game (probably Pikmin 3) for $45. Woo :D

Trunks
05-30-2014, 06:36 PM
I picked up my game from gamestop earlier today, game is pretty awesome. The new tracks are really well done, I like the design. Only have 4 more characters to unlock and not sure how many car customizations are left.

It's nice seeing Mario Games in HD though, not really a lot to complain about it, nice to have a decent game to play for my Wii U now. Going to try the online feature later as well.

As for my free game, probably going with pikman 3 as well, going to do that now actually.

Edit: Club Nintendo is having some traffic issues, took me 5 minutes to login, now the sites under maintenance.

ROFLBRYCE
05-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Sounds like it's a lot of fun! I'm gonna try and sweet talk the girlfriend into going 50/50 on it lol and hopefully be playing it by tomorrow night!

ROFLBRYCE
06-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Whelp, she bought it as a surprise this morning! Bout another hour or so to finish downloading it and I'll be in game wooo

Trunks
06-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Anyone else having issues with the online multiplayer? Me and a friend were trying to play, but we got disconnected 3 or 4 different times and only got to race once. Hopefully they get that fixed. Mean while downloading PikMan 3, only have 14 gigs left on my harddrive though :(, getting low already.

ROFLBRYCE
06-01-2014, 07:45 PM
I've raced solo twice and played battle mode for the last half hour, didn't have any troubles.

Used regional search if that helps at all D:

Yeah my HD space is shrinking quickly too. Wonder why they went with such low storage.

Mizel
06-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Mario Kart 8 Helps Wii U Hardware Sales Climb 666 Percent in the UK - GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-kart-8-helps-wii-u-hardware-sales-climb-666-percent-in-the-uk/1100-6420019/)

Good to see. C'mon Nintendo, you can do it!

Trunks
06-02-2014, 11:30 AM
I've raced solo twice and played battle mode for the last half hour, didn't have any troubles.

Used regional search if that helps at all D:

Yeah my HD space is shrinking quickly too. Wonder why they went with such low storage.

We were doing world wide, maybe that was the issue.
My guess is they want you to buy their special External Harddrive. I always purchase hard copy over digital, just times like this where I don't have the choice. Hoping the 14 gigs will be alright.

Mario Kart 8 Helps Wii U Hardware Sales Climb 666 Percent in the UK - GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-kart-8-helps-wii-u-hardware-sales-climb-666-percent-in-the-uk/1100-6420019/)

Good to see. C'mon Nintendo, you can do it!

Wow, very good to see Nintendo sales come up. They've been around so long, would hate to see them go.

arnolarachnida
04-14-2015, 03:53 PM
great game :):)>)>)>)>)>)