PDA

View Full Version : iTried v.2

LiNuX
10-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Well this is a second try of a new sig and it is tited iTried v.2 - comes after v.1 which you can find in the Graphics board.

I would like some criticisms and rate it out of 10

i'll be making more later, i need the practice lol :D this is my second sig after about a week which is after about 10 months of no graphics work lol

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/itried2.png

custom designed text :D

Jasperking
10-12-2007, 09:30 PM
lol that sig looks pretty good :p. I dunno wats up with you and pokemon though lol. Nice text though XD. I gives it 6.5/10 for overall and 10/10 for amount of paintbrushes used XD.

Also dont forget to practice making renders :p you cant rely on a render site all the time XD. Trust me i know lol

LiNuX
10-12-2007, 09:34 PM
me and pokemon? i only have one of those lol and its this one and i used just one paintbrush this time, just a few strokes on a black background

thanks for review :D i'll make new ones later on - maybe this weekend when i have time

Jasperking
10-12-2007, 09:37 PM
i need to make a sig for my m8 and an avatar.. i cant be bothered to be honest but i promised him.. i hate making sigs unless i really feel like it which is hardly ever

LiNuX
10-12-2007, 09:42 PM
that was the same with me but im trying to turn myself around

i have to work on making some wordpress themes as well so i gotta practice the grpahics for headers and what not.

Riku-Nara
10-13-2007, 08:43 PM
woulda like'd the "linux" to be bigger.
other than that, a for effort!

7.3576742674 out of 10!

LiNuX
10-13-2007, 10:09 PM
i could have made it bigger but didnt want to because usually forum sigs should have smaller text around it so it doesnt hog the attention lol :D

thanks for rating

wifi
10-15-2007, 08:35 AM
woo charizard lol, haven't seen that show in the longest time

i give ie 7.5/10 :-P

Blackbird
10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Nice sigs Linux but why Pokemon? :D

LiNuX
10-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Nice sigs Linux but why Pokemon? :D

cuz i never did a pokemon one for myself before lol, i did a pikachu one a while back :D

NDM
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Okey. To be honest you used to much brushing.. Leters look good and you can dowload renders from http://planetrenders.net/ There you can find good renders. Well il give it 6.8/10

LiNuX
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
i got my renders from there - thanks for compliment on letters lol and i barely brushed on there :p like 3 strokes and then just merged and used overlay

its not one of my best works but its coming along after like 10 months of no photoshop use :D

thanks for comments, appreciate it!

Jasperking
10-15-2007, 12:36 PM
lol i need to make more renders.. but im no good at text myself :p

webisthr
10-15-2007, 12:44 PM
You asked for it so i am being honest don't take it is as a bad criticism but be light about and consider it a chance of improvement.. i am not being any high authority but have a simple question to put to everybody that if someone is asking true opinion why not being honest!!!

I will say what is lacking in this sig in my eye the colors used have blended so much that the figure has lost its distinctness i feel a contrast would have been a better option than to go for shades:) hope you don't mind being straight forward:-)

LiNuX
10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
You asked for it so i am being honest don't take it is as a bad criticism but be light about and consider it a chance of improvement.. i am not being any high authority but have a simple question to put to everybody that if someone is asking true opinion why not being honest!!!

I will say what is lacking in this sig in my eye the colors used have blended so much that the figure has lost its distinctness i feel a contrast would have been a better option than to go for shades:) hope you don't mind being straight forward:-)

why would i mind ? lol well anyway to counter that - sigs that have huge contrast in colors don't look that great, trust me i've tried :D the render blends in so much because its opacity is around 65% and a blended render is always good :D

thanks for comment!

FattaT
10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I like V.1 more than this.
I agree with webisthr, the figure needs to stand out a little more in the head area.
Maybe try getting a 45px blurred edge round brush, put the opacity at around 50-60 and rub Charizards tail and back part of his body out a bit so its head sticks out yet also blends in at the back. 6/10

LiNuX
10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I like V.1 more than this.
I agree with webisthr, the figure needs to stand out a little more in the head area.
Maybe try getting a 45px blurred edge round brush, put the opacity at around 50-60 and rub Charizards tail and back part of his body out a bit so its head sticks out yet also blends in at the back. 6/10

you make it sound so easy lol - i cant do that now anyway lol i did a stupid thing by merging all layers and saving, i'll make a new one later this week :D probably with another cartoon

FattaT
10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
haha, I used to do that.
Well I'm looking forward to " iTried v.3 " =P

LiNuX
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
lol v.3 will come this weekend hopefully - i only have time to work on one sig a week :( cuz it does eat up time and brain power lol