PDA

View Full Version : Possible Forum Downtime 10/14/07

LiNuX
10-13-2007, 10:32 AM
This is just a heads up on telling you guys that the forum could be down for about an hour tomorrow afternoon - eastern standard time. -4 GMT

The reason is that I will try to install the CMS for the game review tomorrow and I have to edit some of the forum main files and if anyone logs in and starts posting or surfing around, it could screw up the whole thing. So I MAY try it out tomorrow and see how everything goes.

There is a chance that I will not shut off the forum its just that I have to edit some of the directories on here so don't be surprised if it goes down for a little bit :)

Forum will be back up before tournament starts tomorrow evening. Around 3 or 4 pm EST.

Thank you!

LiNuX

giga_girl
10-13-2007, 10:44 AM
ok no problem... thanx for that...

Jasperking
10-13-2007, 10:48 AM
ok then. As long as you tell us and have summit important to do then its fine :p

LiNuX
10-13-2007, 11:04 AM
im testing that cms as we speak right now - but not on this forum, on my test foru which is in my PC :)

so far so good but some parts of it are a little messed up :/ gotta fix and get used to it

Scott
10-13-2007, 03:19 PM
So were (UK) 5 hours away from you.... So that'll be 8 - 9ish

Well that's ok, at least its only an hour

LiNuX
10-13-2007, 03:24 PM
yea thats why it was moved up so much lol, a lot of people in europe, not just UK and my intention was to start it at 7 pm my time but that would be late for you guys

i may not have to shut the forum down but the theme down lol, you guys probably will go with the vb default theme for an hour or two - i tested it and it took me about 2 hours to get the whole thing done - now i have to do it all over again tomorrow!

Scott
10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
yea thats why it was moved up so much lol, a lot of people in europe, not just UK and my intention was to start it at 7 pm my time but that would be late for you guys

i may not have to shut the forum down but the theme down lol, you guys probably will go with the vb default theme for an hour or two - i tested it and it took me about 2 hours to get the whole thing done - now i have to do it all over again tomorrow!

It's only an hour it'll be ok if you have to shut the forum down. I wont have a heart attack... but I might go mad lol

LiNuX
10-13-2007, 04:30 PM
lol :D i know - but im just predicting it to be an hour - i'll probably have to shut down for the database change, shouldn't be more than a few minutes :D but i only tested it out on a test forum and that took two hours, hopefully i can get this one up quickier since I know what i have to set up and go where to set it up

one problem i had was that it kept showing up as JOURNAL all over the place when it was s upposed to be gamereviews.php lol - 30 mins wasted on fixing the code for that

Jasperking
10-13-2007, 05:09 PM
i hope youll eventually get it all working :)

LiNuX
10-16-2007, 11:05 AM
since forum never shut down and i dont plan to bring it down to finish the installation

topic locked + 25,000th post