PDA

View Full Version : ShadowMario64's review: Boogie

Metallica1983
10-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Boogie is another one of those music and rythem type of games such as DDR and Rez. It is a very entertaining game and really takes advantage of the Wii's motion sensitive feature

pros:

1.wide selection of music

2.customizable characters

3.characters have there own unique moves and style

4.real Karaoke

5. wide selection of stages

6.music video creation

7.multiplayer party mode

8.great source of exercise

cons:

1.limited selection of characters

2.hard to keep with the beat of the song to get points

3. characters repeat the same moves too much

4. not for expierenced/mature gamers

overall rating: 3/5

I myself think it is a very fun game this is one u should really consider picking up if you have a Wii

LiNuX
10-13-2007, 10:17 PM
good review, its thorough :D

3/5 = 6/10 if gamespot did that and its not a "great" rating but its better than most games - e.g. Superman Returns the Game :D

+rep given for a good and informative review on game features

Metallica1983
10-13-2007, 10:23 PM
let me know if want anything else reviewed i plan to review Super Mario Galaxy when it is released:twitcy:

LiNuX
10-13-2007, 10:47 PM
let me know if want anything else reviewed i plan to review Super Mario Galaxy when it is released:twitcy:

we will probably have a staff tryout for the game review membergroup - i'll speak to GF Eric over this - IF you get selected you can review this game again but you'll probably have to make it a bit longer :) Keep pros and cons in there and tell the reader more about the game itself and some of your favorite parts

just wait for that time - we should be accepting applications tomorrow

Metallica1983
10-14-2007, 12:13 AM
so wut ur saying is if im chosen to be in the usergroup i can just review boogie again but make the review a little longer:confused1:

LiNuX
10-14-2007, 12:48 AM
yea, except ur review wont go in here, it'll go on another page

Riku-Nara
10-14-2007, 01:11 AM
i really like your review, but you seem a little nintendo biast.
just quoting a source here

Despite positive early reviews from the Official Nintendo Magazine and Gamepro, who gave it an 81% and a 4 out of 5 respectively, Boogie received mostly negative reviews. 1UP.com gave Boogie a 3 out of 10, saying it was fun for only 20 minutes and criticizing the shallow gameplay. Gamespot rewarded Boogie 5.5 out of 10, citing that the karaoke does not work right (e.g. If you make any noise it would give you full points) and that the single player mode was flat-out lame. IGN awarded Boogie with a 4.5 out of 10, complaining about overly simplified controls and the whole control system in general. Nevertheless, IGN also stated that they would like to see a sequel with a much more solid gameplay since Boogie had potential. The Nintendo Power magazine awarded this game a 5.5 out of 10, saying that the game's difficulty was much too easy. X-Play gave Boogie a solid 1 out of 5.

Boogie currently holds a 65.9% ranking on Gamerankings.

i have played the game, and the single player is weak, the voice feature will take anything, and it gets really boring, really fast.

Toxic
10-14-2007, 10:20 AM
lol good review but thats not my kind of game

NDM
10-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Good review but ive seen better and ive seen vorser so il give 6/10 to your rewiev nice one thnx for the update!