PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Struggling To Fit on 360 DVD and with PS3's Memory

Scott
10-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Link (http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/12-10-2007-6670.html)

The game's creative director, Patrice Desilets, told Pro-G in an interview that one of the biggest challenges the team is currently facing is fitting everything into a 360 DVD disc compared with Sony's Blu-ray format. Conversely, he revealed that the team was "really struggling right now on PS3" because of memory problems specific to Sony's console.

He added that the developer, Ubisoft Montreal, had drafted in help from both Microsoft and Sony to make sure the game has "the same quality on both systems".

"The PS3 version is as good as the 360 version. We've been showing the PS3 version at E3 this year, but we've done a lot of events and it's just easier for us and for people from the press to have a 360. But the versions are the same, basically," he said.

He added: "Both have their own challenges. Right now we have a big challenge on the 360 to make it fit on a DVD, to put five languages, to put all the data on eight gigs. On the Blu-ray side we're really good, but then the memory is quite different. How we handle memory is really different between the two machines and we're struggling right now on the PS3. But we have people who are really dedicated and we're having help from Microsoft on one side and Sony on the other side to have the same quality on both systems. It really depends on the week basically as to who's best."

It seems that the general picture is shaping up...DVD9's age is startin' to show and PS3's memory problems are givin' devs headaches. PS3 and 360 seem about even when considering the negatives.

Jasperking
10-15-2007, 04:39 AM
rofl thats pretty funny actually. Although i bet it would fit if the devs really tried :/

Mr Cool
10-20-2007, 09:47 PM
So the only reason they are struggling with fitting the game on the 360 is because they want to put 5 languages on it????

Cov3rt
10-20-2007, 09:48 PM
just put it on 2 dvds wtf?

Mr Cool
10-20-2007, 09:48 PM
just put it on 2 dvds wtf?

Not a first or second option. Why everyone suggests it right off the bat is silly.

Ghost
10-20-2007, 09:50 PM
So the only reason they are struggling with fitting the game on the 360 is because they want to put 5 languages on it????

So they can cut costs and not have to produce different sets of disks. 5 languages is 1 disk would be a lot cheaper than having to produce 5 separate disks for the 5 different languages.

Scott
10-21-2007, 02:25 PM
So they can cut costs and not have to produce different sets of disks. 5 languages is 1 disk would be a lot cheaper than having to produce 5 separate disks for the 5 different languages.

It would make a lot more sense if games/consoles were region free (outside of costs of course).

Toxic
10-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Alright. Let's go ahead and think of the worst case scenario. Assassin's Creed won't fit on the DVD9. So what? I really don't see the problem here. They are putting 5 different languages on it, which is completely useless for a lot of people. Remove 1 or 2 languages and they should be fine. English is the number 1 language in the entire world. I am pretty sure a lot of people would be pissed if they can't have AC soon just because of a couple of languages that don't fit on the DVD. Audio makes up most of the room. There's no need to downgrade the game if the problem lies there.

Ghost
10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Alright. Let's go ahead and think of the worst case scenario. Assassin's Creed won't fit on the DVD9. So what? I really don't see the problem here. They are putting 5 different languages on it, which is completely useless for a lot of people. Remove 1 or 2 languages and they should be fine. English is the number 1 language in the entire world. I am pretty sure a lot of people would be pissed if they can't have AC soon just because of a couple of languages that don't fit on the DVD. Audio makes up most of the room. There's no need to downgrade the game if the problem lies there.

It is completely useless for the people only speak 1 of the 5 langauges. But they have obviously spent a lot of time localizing the game for all 5 languages and I think gamers from other countries would appreciate it.