PDA

View Full Version : What computer has the most memory ?

jasonbay
09-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Mine is very bad has I think 20 gigs , What computer has the most and how much would that cost ?

LiNuX
09-14-2006, 07:35 PM
lol wow 20 gigs, i have 512 mb on this one lol, used to have 1 gig, took out one memory card cuz it was from my old computer and it was messed up lol, i put it in for like 10 mins and took it out, it was ok, 20 gig memory should cost a lot, u need a computer that has a lot of slots for memory, unless u buy memory cards that hold a lot of memory lol, i dont know what the highest is, i would like to have it tho ;D

jasonbay
09-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Maybe im thinking of something else . Is there a difference between hard drive and memory ?

LiNuX
09-15-2006, 01:24 PM
uh...yes lol, hard drive holds space, the stuff in ur computer is put on ur hard drive, memory are the amount of memory the computer would use to run a program, if ur talking about hard drives then that 20 gig makes sense, cuz i was going nutz over how u can have 20 gig memory lol, my computer has 200 gig space hard drive, and another back up one thats 40 gigs, im gonna buy an external one later

the most a computer has now is probably 500 gig to 1 tb (terabyte or 1000 gigs)

jasonbay
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah it has to be 20 gig hard drive . My computer is quite old . Its like a Gateway 2000 or 98 or something old and outdated . How much would a computer that had 1 terabyte cost. Thats a funny word to say ..LOL. I think my parents are considering buying a new computer soon and just on the outlook to get the best computer out there that isnt going to cost a fortune

LiNuX
09-15-2006, 01:32 PM
im not 100% sure that they are selling 1 terabye space computers yet lol, i know u get get a 500 gig one, this computer here cost me $1,500 plus tax, i have 200 gig and a 40 gig hard drive, 512 mb memory, 128 mb video memory (i bought the video card seperately), 3.2 ghz computer speed, i need to buy more memory and boost it up to 2 gigs lol

to answer ur question, a 500 gig hard drive computer, with everything should cost around $1000 - $3000 depending on where you buy and and what company its from

Thor Erik
09-17-2006, 04:01 PM
1 tb hdd's aren't awailable yet, the largest space(total) is Mac pro with space for 4 HDD's on 750 eatch, this would be 3 tb =)
mine is @ 250 gb =) (80 gb on my laptop =P)

diablo
09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
3 terabytes lol, i could use it as a big server, sell game servers or hosting, and make money ;D but i need a good internet with it probably :-/

crazay
09-17-2006, 04:29 PM
thats a lot, this computer has 80 gigabyte hard drive, i dont use much of it, i doubt i'll ever need anything close to a terabyte lol ;D

Thor Erik
09-17-2006, 05:16 PM
3 terabytes lol, i could use it as a big server, sell game servers or hosting, and make money ;D but i need a good internet with it probably :-/
the mac servers(no kidding) got space for 50 tb xD (this is rac servers!) got quad core and enugh memory space for 1 terra with memory (no kidding :O)

LiNuX
09-17-2006, 06:52 PM
WOW, i want one of those, i wanna set up my own server and start maybe a web host or game server hosting company, not for profit, but for fun, if i have time, but i need money to get started lol ;D

Thor Erik
09-18-2006, 01:56 AM
one of those mac servers are expensive :P
myself i wanted to modify one of those and buy one of nVidia's grafic servers ^^
that would be one of the fastest computers in the world with:
4 cpu cores @ 2.66 GhZ
10 gig memory
3 terra storrage
4 Gpu's @ 2.3 GhZ(werry fast, the avrage gpu runs @ 800mhz - 1 ghz)
with 2 gig GDDR(512 mb for eatch gpu)

those specs would be hard to catch up with :P

TheKing
09-23-2006, 07:36 PM
well it depends, on the amount you need. these day the minimum amount of memory you should have in your computer is 200 gb at least. So many things to do wit your computer such connect your ipod , digital camera , and cell phone.

Haloer2006
09-23-2006, 07:41 PM
2TB is in the New XPS Super Gaming Computer! Came out this September! Freakin sweet..

Thor Erik
09-24-2006, 08:21 AM
2TB is in the New XPS Super Gaming Computer! Came out this September! Freakin sweet..
dell sux <.<
if i want 2 tb i BUY 2 tb instead of buying a XPS witch they say are so good. i can get better pc CHEAPER =D

aosmallan
09-29-2006, 06:11 PM
This is true, Dell isn't a great company... it's fine if you know nothing about computers and just use it as is... but Dell welds all of their components to the board, making you unable to remove or add things post-purchase...

And they do sell terrabyte HD's.

HD and RAM are both considered types of "memory". One is just used for permanent storage, and the other also stores, but with a different purpose, to create, load, or run programs and for the temporary storage and manipulation of data.

I know that there are probably computers with more, but the most RAM I've seen is 2 GB (2x1024MB) I can't imagine a computer actually needing more than that with the programs out as of now. 2GB RAM computers fly.

Thor Erik
10-03-2006, 02:45 AM
This is true, Dell isn't a great company... it's fine if you know nothing about computers and just use it as is... but Dell welds all of their components to the board, making you unable to remove or add things post-purchase...

And they do sell terrabyte HD's.

HD and RAM are both considered types of "memory". ?One is just used for permanent storage, and the other also stores, but with a different purpose, to create, load, or run programs and for the temporary storage and manipulation of data.

I know that there are probably computers with more, but the most RAM I've seen is 2 GB (2x1024MB) I can't imagine a computer actually needing more than that with the programs out as of now. ?2GB RAM computers fly.
well i could need more than 2 gb, and at least 3 more cores :p i run like 4 heavy programs at the same time. Zend, Opera, PS CS2, and a whole bunch of small apps :p so the hunt for more memory will never end

LiNuX
10-03-2006, 09:27 AM
i try not to run more that two programs that eat up a lot of memory, my computer acts slow, unless i have to like a web browser, i need to buy more memory

microp
01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
lol 20gb , at first i thougt is was about ram,
as far i know the max is 16gb.
about the hard drive the max is 1TB as admin said,
it's expensive but you don't need to buy that 500gb is enough, unless you download movies, games...
you can build your own computer , with the best quality you can get it in 1000$
if you buy try to get on internet , you get free shipping + cheap price.
one i know is newegg site

youthism_is_me
01-27-2010, 11:13 AM
despite not knowing your answer i do know you could just buy a nice computor and upgrade it yourslef