PDA

View Full Version : PS2 or Xbox

Toxic
10-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Which did you own? and which did you prefer?

personally i liked the xbox more. it had the best games.

Ghost
10-17-2007, 03:46 AM
PS2 had the best games

prateek/pwnage
10-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Omg, ps2 ftw.

but yeah ps2 had the better games because they brought a variety of games unlike xbox where i think a game took for ever? to come out.

and yeah. well i just stuck with ps2 since I had bought ps1 aswell. which was pretty good too.

SchoolBus
10-17-2007, 05:09 AM
ps2 better games.... and because i didnt really trust microsoft when they made the xbox...

i own a gamecube.... only good games on it are Super Smash, Metroid and Resident Evil series (4 is the best)

Draghkarl
10-17-2007, 06:23 AM
well i own neither but my bro does, he ownz an xbox.. so i prefer that lmao.. i have never played a ps2 or ps1.. got a psp and the UMD drive is stuffed anyway.. so no games for me.. only music :(

wifi
10-17-2007, 10:33 AM
PS2 is better than xbox and ps3 lol, not sure about 360 :-P

Mr Cool
10-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Playstation 2 rules all

MilkshakeNinja
10-22-2007, 09:21 AM
:3 I owned both of them

But, I preferred the PS2 over the Xbox.

PS2 had better games in my opinion.

Only good thing I got from Xbox was probably playing Halo.

;) But, thats about it lol...

Scott
10-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I liked the Xbox, you could store music on the hard drive and I preferred it's games.

giga_girl
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
yah.. i like xbox too..

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
ps2 pwned xbox lol :D but ps3 has failed

Blackbird
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Well, I'm have to say Playstation 2 becuase X-box have a least games. That's only fun games on X-box is Halo 2 and start playing Kingdom Heart 2. :D

Scott
10-22-2007, 03:11 PM
ps2 pwned xbox lol :D but ps3 has failed

You better watch what your saying we seem to have some serious Sony fanboys

prateek/pwnage
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I liked the Xbox, you could store music on the hard drive and I preferred it's games.

If that was one of the good things about Xbox then that was pointless. you can store music anywhere. what is the point of doing it on a xbox. waste of a feature.

prateek/pwnage
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
You better watch what your saying we seem to have some serious Sony fanboys

NAh i agree with linux. ps3 has failed. although it mite have failed in the selection of the price not the games.

Master_Dylmo
10-22-2007, 06:40 PM
xbox ftw.. i preferred its games.. well most of them..

Scott
10-22-2007, 06:45 PM
xbox ftw.. i preferred its games.. well most of them..

Yeah Riddic, PGR, Rallisport challenge, Ninja gaiden, KOTOR and Halo were amazing.

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
This thread has to be a joke. The PS2 was the best console ever!

prateek/pwnage
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah Riddic, PGR, Rallisport challenge, Ninja gaiden, KOTOR and Halo were amazing.

The only game that peopel talk about being good on XBOx was Halo. All the other games arent well known.

Master_Dylmo
10-22-2007, 06:51 PM
The only game that peopel talk about being good on XBOx was Halo. All the other games arent well known.

ye but wat dus ps have.. they got mgs.. buts that pretty much it.. killzone gets pwned by halo.. gran turismo (in sum ways) gets pwned by pgr and gta was on xbox also..!

prateek/pwnage
10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
ye but wat dus ps have.. they got mgs.. buts that pretty much it.. killzone gets pwned by halo.. gran turismo (in sum ways) gets pwned by pgr and gta was on xbox also..!

yeah but Halo took ages to bring out the games and besides Ps2 had so many good games that they brought out quickly that one took over another and they didnt out stand each other which if they would have done like Halo it would have been popular.

Master_Dylmo
10-22-2007, 06:56 PM
yeah but Halo took ages to bring out the games and besides Ps2 had so many good games that they brought out quickly that one took over another and they didnt out stand each other which if they would have done like Halo it would have been popular.

got ne examples? XBOX had tonnes of little cool games.. conquer, brute force, midtown madness!!

prateek/pwnage
10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
got ne examples? XBOX had tonnes of little cool games.. conquer, brute force, midtown madness!!

pfft cbf remembering them. but besides the same games that come on Xbox are on Ps2 aswell but ps2 bring them out first so that just says ps2 is better.

Shaunington
10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Halo took a fair amount of time to be released, being an experienced Halo 1 and 2 (soon to be 3) player I can confidently say Halo trumps most games on any console.

Halo 2 was a huge let down to the competetive community, It was unbalanced and unbareable for competetive online play, but this didn't make it a bad game, it was still one of the most sucessful games to date.

Xbox's controller is ALOT more desirable for me becuase it has the FPS prefered thumbstick layout.

I only play FPS and Racnig games and I prefer the xbox for both.

ShauningtoN

prateek/pwnage
10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Halo took a fair amount of time to be released, being an experienced Halo 1 and 2 (soon to be 3) player I can confidently say Halo trumps most games on any console.

Halo 2 was a huge let down to the competetive community, It was unbalanced and unbareable for competetive online play, but this didn't make it a bad game, it was still one of the most sucessful games to date.

Xbox's controller is ALOT more desirable for me becuase it has the FPS prefered thumbstick layout.

I only play FPS and Racnig games and I prefer the xbox for both.

ShauningtoN

lol? dude the xbox controller is like massive. and besides the xbox is like massive . the ps2 is like pwnage with its "style"

Master_Dylmo
10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
man.. the xbox controller is easy 2 use.. the thumstick layout on th ps can be awkward wen playin fps games..

Shaunington
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
lol? dude the xbox controller is like massive. and besides the xbox is like massive . the ps2 is like pwnage with its "style"

The Xbox is big, I'll give you that, but when you compare features (if we want to get specific) it's size can be justified for its time.

The 'Duke' (the large one that was released at launch) is larger but is very comfortable I find in my hands.

The S-controller is alot more comfortable in my hand (I use it on my PC with a home made USB cable (piss easy to make, I made a tutorial for xbox-zone ages ago) and even then, I find the thumbstick positions on the PS2 are CRAP for FPS or even 3PS.

Xbox's controller layout is much more acessible, you can reach alot while usnig the thumbsticks.

Anyway, at the end of the day it comes down to preference and Xbox is my gaming preference.

As for the PS3 vs 360, I've only seen a PS3 in pictures and it looked like a giant toaster with a dualshock 2 controller with the addition of a 360 style 'guide button'

ShaunnigtoN

prateek/pwnage
10-22-2007, 07:45 PM
The Xbox is big, I'll give you that, but when you compare features (if we want to get specific) it's size can be justified for its time.

The 'Duke' (the large one that was released at launch) is larger but is very comfortable I find in my hands.

The S-controller is alot more comfortable in my hand (I use it on my PC with a home made USB cable (piss easy to make, I made a tutorial for xbox-zone ages ago) and even then, I find the thumbstick positions on the PS2 are CRAP for FPS or even 3PS.

Xbox's controller layout is much more acessible, you can reach alot while usnig the thumbsticks.

Anyway, at the end of the day it comes down to preference and Xbox is my gaming preference.

As for the PS3 vs 360, I've only seen a PS3 in pictures and it looked like a giant toaster with a dualshock 2 controller with the addition of a 360 style 'guide button'

ShaunnigtoN

Yeah obviously some of the features are going to go for either ps2 or xbox.

But yeah obviously it comes down to personal preference and with the control i actually prefer the ps2 one. even though i havent really played with teh xbox.

but for the newer i still think ps3 would be better even though its expensive because if we take out the factor of it being expensive ps3 does look better on Tv. and well some of the graphix ive seen for some of the games look pretty good.

Master_Dylmo
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
well obviously its beter on tv.. its blue-ray... but i think Xbox is makin a new console w/ HD..

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
The PS2 sold what 12 million consoles and the xbox sold about 8

Scott
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM

That's because the PS2 was a big hit with the kids... which was because the GC was a failure.

SchoolBus
10-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Playstation 2 actually sold 39.1 million just in the USA and shipped about 120 million...

Xbox sold 24 million within the USA and im unsure about units shipped.

Also console choice comes down to personal choice! I happen to own a Gamecube but i prefer the Playstation 2 and play it constantly at my friends house... i have never really given Xbox a chance just looking at the large controller turns me off and when i did play halo with it i was honestly disappointed and i personally dont understand whats so special about the Halo series...

I prefer the PS2 because of the wide range of new and classic games (final fantasy, metal gear series, killzone, GTA:vice/San, Tekken/DoA, Gran Turismo...and many others that i dont have time to list)

I think the Xbox has definitely helped the gaming market with its interesting innovations and i consider it to be a reasonably entertaining console... but i prefer the ps2 and thats just my preference....

So blah!!! :-P

GF Eric
10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Xbox all the way and they started up with online first. So PS2 is not there. XBOX ALL THE WAY.

Master_Dylmo
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
..::4 ppl who reckon ps has classic games::..

well no S**T (if i can say that) ps has classics as opposed to Xbox coz its way older.. classic pretty much means "old but quality" if Xbox was made in the 90's and halo or w/e was that old it would be called a 'classic'.. ps is classic.. but nething 90's is classic. . . . . . ...

SchoolBus
10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Xbox all the way and they started up with online first. So PS2 is not there. XBOX ALL THE WAY.

Actaully Eric.. the Sega Dreamcast was the first console to feature online gameplay although only a few games were compatible with the online function... (look up phantasy star) :yes:

prateek/pwnage
10-23-2007, 10:45 PM
..::4 ppl who reckon ps has classic games::..

well no S**T (if i can say that) ps has classics as opposed to Xbox coz its way older.. classic pretty much means "old but quality" if Xbox was made in the 90's and halo or w/e was that old it would be called a 'classic'.. ps is classic.. but nething 90's is classic. . . . . . ...

So ps2 came out first and brought out all the games. So when ever Xbox brought out the games that ps2 have aswell it just means that they got it of ps2. And just because it was popular on ps2, xbox brought it out making ps2 better first.

Master_Dylmo
10-23-2007, 10:59 PM
So ps2 came out first and brought out all the games. So when ever Xbox brought out the games that ps2 have aswell it just means that they got it of ps2. And just because it was popular on ps2, xbox brought it out making ps2 better first.

dude.... dude dude dude... playstation didnt design the games!! obviously sony has more money and idk maybe sum connections lol so they wer able to buy the games b4 xbox did... but its not their game.. its just as good on any console... sure there are some games (MGS.. FF.. GT etc..) that didnt come out on Xbox which boosts the quality.. but Xbox has games (Halo Series.. PGR.. Rallysport.. Ninja Gaiden) that ps dusnt have... so gamewise it dusnt matter who had the game first coz they didnt design it.. i care about what console can access the games i want... i reckon xbox is better coz i prefer the games on it.. thats pretty much t.. sure if playstation had the same games as xbox i wouldnt really care what i have.. but i just happen 2 like the games that xbox happens to have.. also it can play personalized soundtracks..

SnIffEr
10-24-2007, 02:42 AM
ps2 owns xbox all the way. like SchoolBus, i didn't trust microsoft either.

Blackbird
10-24-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm have to say PlayStation 2 becuase they have a lot of good games, RPG or Fighting Games.

NDM
10-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Xbox have more games altho PS2 is good 2... But i voted to Xbox.

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 08:46 AM
The ps2 was alot better than the xbox i think. Although i didnt play it much i thought the ps2 was awesome and had a nice controller.

Scott
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Xbox have more games altho PS2 is good 2... But i voted to Xbox.

I dunno about it having more games. But it's were better.

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
But the reason i chose ps2 was prolly cause i had one and was used to its games

Scott
10-24-2007, 02:38 PM

They werent well known now there putting them re - releasing them on the PS3 and the Xbox 360 they should be noticed this time. Which is good because they are good games. Especially Riddic.