PDA

View Full Version : n00b question: what is kill stealing?

Toxic
10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I've heard people complain about kill stealing (not to me directly) during online play. Exactly what constitutes a "stolen" kill?

In GOW, you typically don't kill a "downed" opponent unless certain situations apply, or it's a stolen kill. In Halo 3, there is no guranteed kill I can think of, except a grenade stick.

Scott
10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
It's a loosely defined term. In Halo, it basically means when you're attacking someone and you're about to kill them, the person you're fighting gets killed by someone else on your team. Whether it be by sniper, AR, anything, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes if you and another guy are shooting someone it doesn't matter who gets the kill, but if you weaken him to the point that he's almost dead then your buddy turns and shoots him with a sniper or rocket, that (more or less) is constituted as a "kill steal".

LiNuX
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
thats used in a lot of games lol - Counter Strike, Half Life, GunBound, Socom, and even RPG games - if you weaken monsters and someone comes out of no where to finish it off - it makes me mad though, i try not to ks in RPGs but its almost impossible to know for shooters like Halo and counter strike if you are actually "KSing" or ur the first to hit the guy

Wang
10-17-2007, 01:58 PM
its just an excuse people use that cant finish the job...:P

LiNuX
10-17-2007, 02:00 PM
its just an excuse people use that cant finish the job...:P

thats true like half the time but what about the other half when your gun loses ammo and by the time u quick switch to ur secondary weapon ur teammate sees the chance and shoots? thats the parts that make me mad!! :mad1: