PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Idea

conman1000
10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, I thought that in each tournament thread that it would be fun to bet GFP such as this would be how it would work.

Ok, the game is Game1

and people competing are

1,2,3 exc.

then under the thread will be

Winner Takes all
50GFP to enter

1:JasperKing
2:person1
3:Linux
4:person2
5:conman1000
6:person3
7:person4
8:Toxic

and then say #4 wins it, all the people that entered and lost must pay person2 50GFP per person.

(People who enter the tournaments may bet on themselves)

So, what do you think of the idea?

Toxic
10-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I thought of that. That would be good.

LiNuX
10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
we'll have to do that manually since there is no modification for a "pot" like that lol

i'll set something up later - 8 people will enter and will pay 50 GFP each, it wont be a grab the spot while its open kind of thing, i'll add all the users manually based on who paid and who didnt

and at the end the winner of the whole thing gets 400 GFP :) i like idea, good job - +Rep given to you

wifi
10-18-2007, 02:10 PM
that is a pretty good idea but what happens if they guys dont pay at the end lol or will you make them pay first?

conman1000
10-18-2007, 05:10 PM
You can't make them pay first you don't know whos going to win.

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
You can't make them pay first you don't know whos going to win.

oh i can make them pay lol, power of the admin :D

and how about its 50GFP to enter the contest and then we'll have a jackpot of 400 GFP to the winner

conman1000
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Or wait, we could create an account, donate all the GFP to that and use that for the betting transactions.

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Or wait, we could create an account, donate all the GFP to that and use that for the betting transactions.

OR you can give the GFP to ME and i'll give it out at the end because it'll always be 400 GFP since there will be just 8 entries - not really hard to keep track of

and if you are thinking about others betting on that game, i wouldn't really allow that at the moment since its sort of gambling even if its not for real money :) but there is a mod called vbookie and i'll see if that can fit into what we are trying to do

thanks!

Blackbird
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Well, Linux have to do a automatic system or something in Arcade Tournament. When you joining the the entry you pay directly 50gfp and maybe Linux higher the Prizemoney if he is nice. :)

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Well, Linux have to do a automatic system or something in Arcade Tournament. When you joining the the entry you pay directly 50gfp and maybe Linux higher the Prizemoney if he is nice. :)

i cant do it automated yet sorry, i can tamper witht he code to see what i can come up with but i highly doubt i'll be able to put that into the system since im not a vB code expert

and i can do it manually - everyone will pay 400 GFP in total and winner gets 500 GFP. how about that? lol

Blackbird
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, that's a great id?a. So you mean everyone is going to pay you 400gfp totalt . Well it's should be better with Automatic System xD :D

i cant do it automated yet sorry, i can tamper witht he code to see what i can come up with but i highly doubt i'll be able to put that into the system since im not a vB code expert

and i can do it manually - everyone will pay 400 GFP in total and winner gets 500 GFP. how about that? lol

conman1000
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Sure, we trust you.

But when will we start, tourtament 4 or tourtament 5?

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Sure, we trust you.

But when will we start, tourtament 4 or tourtament 5?

this will probably be in the 5th one

and its not just about trust, well i am the admin, i cant cash it in to myself :D i can give myself unlimited points if i wanted :D

all the users will just have to POST that they have reserved their spot and then pay me the gfp as soon as possible, and i will enter them in

more info will come later, i am still organizing

Draghkarl
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
yer this would be cool, yer being the admin can't you just take it from them if they don't pay lol..

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
yer this would be cool, yer being the admin can't you just take it from them if they don't pay lol..

thats the plan if they dont pay, well you cant get into the tournament without paying :)

Blackbird
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, I already know we can trust Linux but even we doesn't he is the admin he can give himself gfp so that doesn't mean anything. He can made a tourney with a lot of GFP :D