PDA

View Full Version : Aliens

Scott
10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Now this is just a subject that is way too big for me and any forum persona to handle so I'm going to leave it up to the all knowing and all powerfull poll to help guide the facts.

I know, polls are lame, and so are aliens, and so am I, but indulge me and click a box because you've come this far and to leave without making your voice heard would be pure wasted time. But since your in a forum I'm guessing you've got some time to kill right? So vote, or else you're a Nazi.

LiNuX
10-17-2007, 10:34 PM
we cant really be alone in a big place like this, even microorganisms are bound to live somewhere in the world even in the meteors and asteroids, there is water on this big jumps of rock, well ice but ice means water

mars supposedly had life on it before because of the clay they found which is sign of water, i dont know

well if you ask this forum, arent there a few aliens on here? lol

Scott
10-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I suppose the real question is have they come here?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/PurportedNJUFO1952.jpg

Toxic
10-18-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm down with Aliens if they're hot.

Scott
10-18-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm down with Aliens if they're hot.

If Total Recall taught me anything it's that aliens can have six boobs and also be the Olsen twins.

FattaT
10-18-2007, 01:06 AM
I actually sited an alien myself, and took a picture of it with my 10 mega pixel camera.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4672/alienyp0.jpg

Toxic
10-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Dude why bother searching for intelligent life outside of Earth when it's so sorely lacking here on our planet to begin with?

Scott
10-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Lol FattaT you should return that camera.

I got another funny pic about aliens....

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5328/yeamonufoxd2.gif

Toxic
10-18-2007, 01:14 AM
I've never seen an alien but

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4964/iwanttobelievesmallld5.jpg

Scott
10-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Dude why bother searching for intelligent life outside of Earth when it's so sorely lacking here on our planet to begin with?

It's not so much about searching for it, it's about accepting that we aren't the alpha and omega of the universe. Once we accept that maybe we'll stop being such ****wits...maybe.

and on the flipside the question changes from "why bother looking for them?" to "have they looked at us?"

If indeed life is so rare and amazing surely any being capable of super-luminal travel would check us out...

Wang
10-18-2007, 01:17 AM
lets hope they are like the aliens from mars attacks..then the world would enjoy intergalatic relations.

Scott
10-18-2007, 01:21 AM
lets hope they are like the aliens from mars attacks..then the world would enjoy intergalatic relations.

The Aliens in it were crazy. They killed the president.

Toxic
10-18-2007, 01:24 AM
Until I see real evidence proving the existence of aliens I will continue to know that they do not exist.

Scott
10-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Until I see real evidence proving the existence of aliens I will continue to know that they do not exist.

Indeed, the obvious answer to the question. When asked, "Do they exist?" you ask "is there proof?"

Well this is where I'ld have to refer you to the disclosure project here (http://www.disclosureproject.org/) The less I talk and the more you read the better off we'll be.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe what I read, but at the very least I consider it.

Here are the quotes that made me consider, these aren't bull**** and if you want it verified then do some research for yourself, a good place to start is by googling these names...

Former Chief of Defense, British Royal Navy, Admiral Lord Hill-Norton
I have frequently been asked why a person of my background?a former Chief of the Defense Staff, a former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee?why I think there is a cover-up [of] the facts about UFOs. I believe governments fear that if they did disclose those facts, people would panic. I don?t believe that at all. There is a serious possibility that we are being visited by people from outer space. It behooves us to find out who they are, where they come from, and what they want

Former Director of CIA, Vice Admiral R.H. Hillenkoetter
It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense. To hide the facts, the Air Force has silenced its personnel.?

US Air Force, NRO Operative, Sergeant Dan Morris
UFOs are both extraterrestrial and manmade?.It?s not that our government doesn?t want us to know that there are other people on other planets. What the people in power don?t want us to know is that this free energy [from energy generators developed with UFO technology] is available to everybody. So secrecy about the UFOs is because of the energy issue. When this knowledge is found out by the people, they will demand that our government release this technology, and it will change the world.

Just some food for thought.

Oh and please please please if anyone can actually discredit these people and their testimony then let it rip. I'ld like to think it was all BS but when you have people in these ranks saying this I kinda feel a bit stupid saying they don't know what they're talking about.

Toxic
10-18-2007, 01:31 AM
This is one of those subjects that can go on and on forever.

It is fair to say that none of us have ever met an "extra terrestrial" being and every likelihood exists that they haven't set up remote listening stations on the moon to keep track of what we're doing here and to catch re-runs of Mr. Ed on Nick at Night.

While I have no physical evidence, at all, to suggest that "aliens" exist I do believe in the mathematical probability that they do...That puts me in the "I'll believe they are out there until there's evidence that they can't be" camp.

The problem with this kind of question is that such beliefs tend to be pseudo-religious in nature. None of us have anything to base our particular opinions on (because there's nothing there, evidence-wise (and, of course, the people that are strongly opposed to the thought that life exists on other planets have the advantage in that no evidence = they're correct by default)) so they boil down to "blind faith" as it were. I've argues, several times, that there is no way to argue this point. It's undebatable since there is not 1 shred of factual basis for either side of the argument...And theories just don't hold water without facts to back them.

Scott
10-18-2007, 01:34 AM
The problem with this kind of question is that such beliefs tend to be pseudo-religious in nature. None of us have anything to base our particular opinions on (because there's nothing there, evidence-wise (and, of course, the people that are strongly opposed to the thought that life exists on other planets have the advantage in that no evidence = they're correct by default)) so they boil down to "blind faith" as it were. I've argues, several times, that there is no way to argue this point. It's undebatable since there is not 1 shred of factual basis for either side of the argument...And theories just don't hold water without facts to back them.

You hit the nail on right on the head. This thread is almost identical to me posting a thread saying "jesus?" with a poll to reflect the beliefs of this forum. The difference is indescernable.

It is a matter of faith. And as it currently stands, nothing more.

The only real difference is that there are a lot more people saying they've seen UFO's than people who say they've seen god (of course a lot claim to have "found" him, but no one claims to see him unless they want to seem crazy) and usually the guys who say they've seen UFO's have a video too. But regardless, much as the rest of you, I won't believe it in my heart of hearts untill I see it. Untill then, it's just a matter of faith.

Wang
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
The Aliens in it were crazy. They killed the president.

So were half the cast of the movie lol

Ghost
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Indeed, the obvious answer to the question. When asked, "Do they exist?" you ask "is there proof?"

Well this is where I'ld have to refer you to the disclosure project here (http://www.disclosureproject.org/) The less I talk and the more you read the better off we'll be.

Thanks for the links, (I read your entire post) but I don't plan on visiting that site anytime soon. Not because I am close minded, but I don't have time to read conspiracy theories. There are thousands, maybe millions of them, all of which are equally as silly as one another. Sorry, just my opinion.

Believing in UFO's (and the whole energy bs) in my opinion is the equivalent in believing the theories that it was the United States government who 'staged' the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Those air force guys have poor THEORIES as to why they believe the government is hiding UFO's. IF they did have a means of using energy X times more efficient then we currently do, that doesn't mean we'd even have the same resources as they do. Also, we all know that the majority of our population would not panic as most would assume that if the aliens meant harm A) it would have probably already happened and B) There isn't much we could do about it anyways.

UFO/alien talk is just silly, there are too many theories/variables/stories/witnesses etc and quite frankly there is no real evidence.

Mathematically speaking, if aliens did exist, we should have discovered and had proof of them a long time ago.

wifi
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
we havent gone far enough into space to find aliens lol :-P

NDM
10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Okey guys, this is my theory I think we arent alone in whole Galaxy. Who made us? How did we got on planet? Is it only us on the planet/galaxy? No i think we arent alone. We were brought by some kind of Other caveman that were made by some kind of animal. Thats my theory tho you should wach an movie called galaxy cant remmber its name but its about one guy talking to people about alians

Scott
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the links, (I read your entire post) but I don't plan on visiting that site anytime soon. Not because I am close minded, but I don't have time to read conspiracy theories. There are thousands, maybe millions of them, all of which are equally as silly as one another. Sorry, just my opinion.

Believing in UFO's (and the whole energy bs) in my opinion is the equivalent in believing the theories that it was the United States government who 'staged' the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Those air force guys have poor THEORIES as to why they believe the government is hiding UFO's. IF they did have a means of using energy X times more efficient then we currently do, that doesn't mean we'd even have the same resources as they do. Also, we all know that the majority of our population would not panic as most would assume that if the aliens meant harm A) it would have probably already happened and B) There isn't much we could do about it anyways.

UFO/alien talk is just silly, there are too many theories/variables/stories/witnesses etc and quite frankly there is no real evidence.

Mathematically speaking, if aliens did exist, we should have discovered and had proof of them a long time ago.

Hehe, I know mate, it's just all smoke mirrors and the most obsurd theories any one can imagine. I may as well just book myself into a good clinic right now. It's truely a rabbit hole and the deeper you go the further you find yourself in wonderland.

But as I say, it can't hurt to consider these theories.

As absurd as all these theories are, they don't really clash with reality. I appreciate the attitude of "only a fool takes up a fools arguement" but I don't appreciate turning a blind eye to information.

Indeed my 3 testimonys may seem weak but when you put them in the context of the 400+ testmonies that they come attached too then it starts to become more and more of a task to just brush it off as water off a ducks back.

I'm not trying to preach to any one, and make no mistake, I appreciate that for me to argue this point is to preach. But ideally all I want is to just share my view, not impose it. I have nothing but faith and the word of those I deem trust worthy to go from. But I am not an idiot, and don't ascribe to blind faith, and I really hope I am still quite sane, so why do I believe? Well either I am an Idiot or there is some legitimately good evidence to be seen.

I leave it to you.

and I leave it to me to keep my mind open to the fact that I could very well be a big idiot. We'll see. The way I see it is there's no point worrying about it untill I either see one or some one with a good camera does.

ps: you don't have to look at UFOs and Aliens to learn about Free energy/Zero Point/Over Unity energy devices. They have been in existence since at the very least Nikola Tesla's time.

Of course the infallible and undeniable arguement of "if we had it, we'd use it" comes into play. Well...thats what we'd hope would be the case, but if there's profit and power left in oil..

Kiss
10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
evidently yes i believe in the earthel twin a planet in exact idetidy to earth. we live in a multi verse. so in a parrell universe there is another me, righting this sentence.

FattaT
10-19-2007, 01:52 AM
evidently yes i believe in the earthel twin a planet in exact idetidy to earth. we live in a multi verse. so in a parrell universe there is another me, righting this sentence.

haha thats scary.

diablo
10-19-2007, 08:56 AM
we live too far from them and they live to far from us, we';ll never meet lol just like me and oprah, we'll never meet lol

Cov3rt
10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
It all depends on how one defines the word "aliens". I know that UFO's are products of malicious video editing. So anything that someone "records" via any type of recording device, almost has to be ruled out. Show me some physical evidence.

Mr Cool
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM

Sorry, dude, but this is the kind of tripe that makes people even more cynical.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e295/terraphon/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Cov3rt
10-20-2007, 10:02 PM

What mathematic probability are you referring to...exactly?

Mr Cool
10-20-2007, 10:03 PM
What mathematic probability are you referring to...exactly?

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc L, where N stands for the number of civilizations in our galaxy capable of communicating with other civilizations. N* is the number of stars in the galaxy (billions in the Milky Way), fp the percentage of stars with planets (debatable but high), ne the number of planets with environments favorable to life (roughly 10 percent), fl the fraction of planets with life (guesswork but perhaps with a probability of 0.1 or 0.2), fi the proportion of those planets on which intelligent life has evolved (again guesswork, with probabilities ranging from 0.1 to 0.5), fc the fraction of planets able to communicate with other civilizations by radio or some other means (inestimable until Earth receives such a communication), and L for the longevity of the civilization.

Various astronomers put N at different numbers depending on their interpretation of N*, fp and fi.

Frank D. Drake calculates N at around 10,000...

Carl Sagan put it at about a million.

IceCold
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM

That\'s an incredibly ****ty argument, no offense. Look at all the things we continually discover that do exist but prior to their discovery, hadn\'t been known to exist. Just because we haven\'t found them doesn\'t mean they\'re not out there.

Ghost
10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
That\'s an incredibly ****ty argument, no offense. Look at all the things we continually discover that do exist but prior to their discovery, hadn\'t been known to exist. Just because we haven\'t found them doesn\'t mean they\'re not out there.

I know. You're right.

The same goes for Leprechauns, Unicorns, Goblins, Jedi's, and the boogy man.

Toxic
10-22-2007, 12:18 AM

Nah...We're too busy killing each other to worry if there's life elsewhere.

We've not even set foot on non-earth soil in decades (and even our doing so in the first place is a matter of HOT debate).

That's like saying we should be able to find giant squid in the middle of a Phoenix parking lot in August. It's just not the right place.

IceCold
10-22-2007, 12:20 AM
I know. You\'re right.

The same goes for Leprechauns, Unicorns, Goblins, Jedi\'s, and the boogy man.

You can never prove those creatures\' non-existance, especially when definitions as to what they actually are differ. That\'s where science and statistics come in. We can reasonably say that, based on the evidence, we are confident that they in fact, do not exist.

Toxic
10-22-2007, 12:21 AM
You can never prove those creatures\' non-existance, especially when definitions as to what they actually are differ. That\'s where science and statistics come in. We can reasonably say that, based on the evidence, we are confident that they in fact, do not exist.

Exactly. Not here, nor anywhere else. Just like aliens.

IceCold
10-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Exactly. Not here, nor anywhere else. Just like aliens.

If that were true, why are so many people pursuing what they consider the impending discovery? There are far more possible places where aliens could exist (whether intelligent or not) that we don\'t know about.

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Sorry, dude, but this is the kind of tripe that makes people even more cynical.

What is it about credible testimony that makes you more cynical?

Toxic
10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
What is it about credible testimony that makes you more cynical?

uuuhm...which of that testimony is credible and to whom?

Ghost
10-22-2007, 12:32 AM
If that were true, why are so many people pursuing what they consider the impending discovery? There are far more possible places where aliens could exist (whether intelligent or not) that we don\'t know about.

The same people who will be hushed by the government?

Whether or not it's less/more possible, that doesn't change the fact that aliens do not exist. The burden of proof lies in the believers/story tellers (such as yourself).

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:33 AM
uuuhm...which of that testimony is credible and to whom?

Ok, please for your own sake, before you look foolish, research who this man is. If you don't think he is credible then fine, we'll agree to disagree.

Nick Pope: British Ministry of Defense Official
?I believe that governments and the military, and indeed private researchers, politicians- whoever- should place everything in the public domain on this issue. Governments can't, I think, have it both ways. You cannot say on the one hand, as the party line often goes, that UFOs are of no defense significance, and then on the other keep back some of the data.
?You simply can't do that. You have to have it one way or the other. And if, as governments consistently say when the politicians probe on this issue or when the media inquire, that there's really nothing to worry about, then okay, let's see all the data.?

Toxic
10-22-2007, 12:37 AM
nono...there's NO evidence (that's ever been made public). There is nothing but conjecture, rumor, myth, a bunch of doctored photos and videos and heaps of guys that claim that they've worked at places where we were dismantling, testing, using or otherwise in contact with irrefutably alien technology.

If I told you that Luke Skywalker is in my house, RIGHT NOW, and that I should be considered credible because I'm an engineer that works with various government agencies on classified project and, by golly, I can tell Luke Skywalker when I see him does that constitute evidence?

srsly?

comfortablynumb.
10-24-2007, 06:54 PM
it seems i picked the most popluar choice
i wood like to think that were not hte only ones?
were really not that specail to be the only living planet