PDA

View Full Version : Will GTA 4 outmatch Halo 3 Sales Numbers?

Scott
10-17-2007, 10:18 PM
With the release of Grand Theft Auto 4 slowly approaching, and the recent massive sale numbers of Halo 3, I've wondered if GTA 4 will be able to match/surpass the Halo 3 numbers.

Keep in mind two things, firstly GTA is a more historic series, it has been around for a pretty long time now. Secondly, remember that GTA will be released both on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (as opposed to Halo 3 being a 360 exclusive).

I genuinely think that if GTA 4 incorporates functional multiplayer with good longevity, it will have the potential, with some good marketing, to out sell Halo 3's epic numbers.

I've decided to host a poll here to see what you guys (and gals) think of this possibility. I'm not that big of a Halo fan, I bought Halo 3, beat the campaign, and haven't played it in a while. I've loved the GTA games, and I love the sand-box type of gameplay. GTA 4 is shaping up to be a very good game, and I'm hoping more news is released towards the release of the game to solidify that notion.

So what do you think, GTA 4, outsells Halo 3? Yay or Nay?

Toxic
10-18-2007, 12:50 AM
GTA4 will smash Halo 3's numbers just as San Andreas (20 million) smashed Halo 2's (8 milion) numbers. It's mostly because of the multi-platform thing. I doubt they will break 170$ million in a day or 300$ million in a week though.

Ghost
10-18-2007, 01:24 PM
it is multiplatform and not coming (IMO) for at least 9 months... that means more systems sold by then, and 2 platforms buying the game not 1.

yes it will outsell Halo...maybe not in first day sales but in total sales. Yes.

GF Eric
10-18-2007, 01:36 PM
It will not do that. Halo is big all over the world and GTA 4 is just another GTA. So it won't out sell it.

Wang
10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
It will not do that. Halo is big all over the world and GTA 4 is just another GTA. So it won't out sell it.

and halo 3 is just another halo for me..lol

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
GTA is too repeatetive if you ask me so i can assume a lot of people have grown tired of that including me

diablo
10-19-2007, 08:47 AM
well gta still has a lot of fans and fire power just as halo and it has built up its fan stats in the past few years so i can say it can match with it