PDA

View Full Version : Man Hacks 911 System, Sends SWAT on Bogus Raid

Scott
10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
The Orange County Register reports that a 19 year old from Washington state broke into the Orange County California 911 emergency system. He randomly selected the name and address of a Lake Forest, California couple and electronically transferred false information into the 911 system. The Orange County California Sheriff's Department's Special Weapons and Tactics Team was immediately sent to the home of a couple with two sleeping toddlers. The SWAT team handcuffed the husband and wife before deciding it was a prank. Says the article, 'Other law enforcement agencies have seen similar breaches into their 911 systems as part of a trend picked up by computer hackers in the nation called "SWATting

Link (http://www.ocregister.com/news/home-emami-county-1894171-ellis-system)

Lol SWAT got pwned :laugh:

LiNuX
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM
lmao - now thats funny, how did their system get hacked by a 19 year old? lol is that how vulnerable our police department systems are?

officers swarmed the home with assault rifles, dogs and a helicopter

lol that was serious - sux for the family though

Toxic
10-18-2007, 12:47 AM
That is pretty messed up. Everyone looses in this type of situation.

1. The people who got raided because their home got trashed and privacy invaded/rights violated. So they will sue and we all loose.
2. The SWAT team as resources were wasted which could have been utilized in preventing a true crime or saving a life.
3. Tax payer money as they will spend money to find this guy and put in new laws
4. The kid who did it will get screwed as will his parents.

I can't believe people think its funny. It migjht be fun to call your local quicky mart and make a prank but its another story to hack 911 and possibly alter what happens there. If I found out who the kid was I would cut off his nut sack personally.

That 19 year old kid is a moron. What he did will get him more time then robbing a bank.

prateek/pwnage
10-18-2007, 03:22 AM
totally agree man. Its like a loss loss loss loss situation.

Like what a waste of time. Hes going to get caught anyway because the thing he hacked into probably dont have anythign better to hunt at.

Ghost
10-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Goes to show how terrible the system is. Hell, if one hacker can make the US town go all Elmo, then A LOT of people could.

http://www.geekandproud.net/terror/images/terror-all.jpg

wifi
10-18-2007, 02:02 PM
lol ghost, cool pic

is that how easy it is to hack into the 911 system in california lol, they shouldnt have even put that onto the news papers because it'll have people trying now :-P

Scott
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
That is pretty messed up. Everyone looses in this type of situation.

1. The people who got raided because their home got trashed and privacy invaded/rights violated. So they will sue and we all loose.
2. The SWAT team as resources were wasted which could have been utilized in preventing a true crime or saving a life.
3. Tax payer money as they will spend money to find this guy and put in new laws
4. The kid who did it will get screwed as will his parents.

I can't believe people think its funny. It migjht be fun to call your local quicky mart and make a prank but its another story to hack 911 and possibly alter what happens there. If I found out who the kid was I would cut off his nut sack personally.

That 19 year old kid is a moron. What he did will get him more time then robbing a bank.

at the very least, it brings to light security flaws in the system that could be exploited by those with far more nefarious purposes in mind

Mr Cool
10-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Lol SWAT got pwned :laugh:

Hacker - 1
SWAT - 0

Scott
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Hacker - 1
SWAT - 0

well since they know its a 19 year old, they obviously found out who it was and nailed him.

so

Hacker - 1
SWAT - 0 + 1

Mr Cool
10-18-2007, 02:17 PM
But seriously I don't find anything funny about this, it could have turned out real bad, and there were kids in the house. What if swat had busted in and been met by someone defending their home, innocents and police could have been killed.

Scott
10-18-2007, 02:17 PM
party poopers have arrived. jump em! lol

Mr Cool
10-18-2007, 02:19 PM
*pushes Scott off back*

NDM
10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
OMG that guy is realy sick. First he hacked the 991 system somthing familiar happend here in Serbia. A hacker hacked in to our system and trend the whole city lights. We been 3 days without lights... Anyway he realy messed with the SWAT and that hacker 19 old year guy is realy somthing that reminds me of my brother. Cus my brother when he was 19 years old he hacked alot of systems only 3/33 system he hacked in to.. He is wery bad in hacking...

Cov3rt
10-20-2007, 10:18 PM
He'll probably be hired by some bank and make lots of money. After he's done serving time.

Mr Cool
10-20-2007, 10:19 PM
He'll probably be hired by some bank and make lots of money. After he's done serving time.

Probably not, he's now a fellon, and a terrorist, in the eyes of the pubilc....and Human Resource departments everywhere.

And what he knows about computers will be soooo out of date when he gets out of jail.....22 years from now.

Ghost
10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
What a way to go though!

Cov3rt
10-20-2007, 10:23 PM
What a way to go though!

yes!

and I can see Shadow on the ground getting arrested like...

"don't taze me, bro! don't taze me!"

Mr Cool
10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Nope. ;P If it's police, and I know it, I'm not going to fight them. And if they taze me, i'm going to sue the ever living **** out of the city.

If they don't look like cops, they're going to get a lot of bullets. And if they did happen to be a SWAT team, they'd end up perforating me and my family would sue the ever living **** out of the city.

Cov3rt
10-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Nope. ;P If it's police, and I know it, I'm not going to fight them. And if they taze me, i'm going to sue the ever living **** out of the city.

If they don't look like cops, they're going to get a lot of bullets. And if they did happen to be a SWAT team, they'd end up perforating me and my family would sue the ever living **** out of the city.

niceeeeeeeee.

That was actually me in the vision running outside to them like, "Don't taze me, bro! C'mon bro's!"

Metallica1983
10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
some people are just stupid lol

xeysz
10-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Probably not, he's now a fellon, and a terrorist, in the eyes of the pubilc....and Human Resource departments everywhere.

And what he knows about computers will be soooo out of date when he gets out of jail.....22 years from now.

They would rather not waste his talent.

Toxic
10-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Did they break into the house without a warrent?

Gerrit
10-23-2007, 08:32 PM
lol, must have been a funny scene.

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 09:01 AM
hehe sounds kewl :p i remember when someone hacked the pentagon

Scott
10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Did they break into the house without a warrent?

Lol maybe they just yelled "Patriot Act" as they slammed through the door.