PDA

View Full Version : Forum Errors - Read to Understand the Issues!

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 10:09 AM
If you guys havent noticed this then you are pretty well off lol but anyway, the forum has been seeing a few errors lately, especially in my admin panel so in order to fix it, i will have to reinstall everything including all modification and by all i mean ALL of them including the Arcade and Point system. For this reason the Game Review section will come later this weekend because I don't want to have to reinstall a long modification like that twice on a live board.

You guys will all have to register again and post again to get the point count back up to 25,000. :mad1:

Lol wouldn't you hate me if you had to do that? Don't worry all your information including post count, point count, threads opened, and all high scores. I will try not to touch the database and I always have backup if something happens :-)

If you guys see the forum go into matienance OR see a change in the theme and look of the forum, just assume I am setting things up because I will definitely have to fix the theme up again, which will be a pain since its mostly custom modded by me lol.

Thank you all for your patience with this. Also tournament number 3 will start after this is all complete so the poll will run on until then, gives you all a chance to vote just incase.

Thank you again and I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may have already caused and this may cause in the future.

LiNuX

giga_girl
10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Ha? you mean we need to register again?...

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Ha? you mean we need to register again?...

of course not lol, did you read the whole thread? i said i was joking about that :twitcy:

i dont want people to leave lol :radar:

giga_girl
10-18-2007, 11:30 AM
of course not lol, did you read the whole thread? i said i was joking about that :twitcy:

i dont want people to leave lol :radar:

hahaha... READING without understanding..:laugh:
sorry for that..
anyway, congrats..!!
a lot of people are now participating here,unlike before..

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 11:37 AM
hahaha... READING without understanding..:laugh:
sorry for that..
anyway, congrats..!!
a lot of people are now participating here,unlike before..

yup thank you for being one of them

i MAY have to shut down forum for like a half a day to fix it all lol, unless i take it slowly and u guys want to wait a week or two for everything to come back up, thats if you are patient enough

wifi
10-18-2007, 01:59 PM
lol u scared me when u said we had to make 25,000 posts again haha :-P nice and good luck with this all

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
thanks wifi, i will take a forum backup later on tonite and test the installation on my pc and see how that goes, i have to do this with big modifications and upgrades to avoid live errors on the forum

hopefully the test run goes well enough without bugs and then it'll be easier for me to set up the original

FattaT
10-19-2007, 01:57 AM
Wouldn't it be great if everything just worked perfectly the first time :P
Pity life doesn't go that way

LiNuX
10-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Wouldn't it be great if everything just worked perfectly the first time :P
Pity life doesn't go that way

omg i would really, really, really love that lol - but i'll be upgrading forum today, forum will shut down for about an hour for backup and maintenance :) there is a thread about it, read it if u must

diablo
10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
i never faced any errors here except for once when the forum didnt respond but i think it was the server move? not sure, hope these are fixed

Scott
10-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh I had a lot of problems with the arcade, posting and the forum kept loging me out. But that seems to be over now.