PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading 10/19/07

LiNuX
10-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I just tried out the upgrade of the forum today on my computer, took over two hours because of the database so Tomorrow I will say that the forum will be down for about 1-3 hours. It will be in matienance mode so if you see that, don't get scared, we'll be back soon.

The forum upgrade was actually smoother than I thought and Reinstalled all modifications was a piece of cake since 90% of it is already installed, I just have to redo it on some of the major files, takes about 30 mins to complete.

So expect a forum downtime tomorrow I expect to do this in the afternoon from any time from 2 PM to 7 PM (EST). I will try to give a warning before I do finish it but I may not.

The forum review section and a new Affiliate section will come soon and tournament 3 will follow the upgrade. So look forward to that and enjoy the forum!

To those that think they will lose posts and threads - you will NOT lose any post count, thread count, signatures or anything -- I just had an error with SOME of the avatars and that isn't a big deal. If you avatar gets messed up after the upgrade, please take 30 seconds off to fix it, I cannot fix your avatar for you unless I do it one by one and I can't spend time on that.

If you have any questions or concerns about this please ask here, do NOT pm me with questions for this, I get over a dozen PMs a day regarding stuff they could have easily found out if they had asked.

Thank you!
LiNuX

diablo
10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
i just got the pm so good luck linux, i'll probably miss it since im not feeling very well, didnt go to school lol, good luck!

LiNuX
10-19-2007, 12:06 PM
thanks diablo -

The forum will shut down and go into maintenance mode anywhere from 1 to 4 hours from now. This is just an advance warning of at least an hour.

thanks!

GF Eric
10-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Well its 40 minutes until the upgrade. Good luck and have fun.

BTW - What am I suppose to do in the mean time. ;(:-(;(

LiNuX
10-19-2007, 12:28 PM
cry i guess and i wont be starting it in 40 mins, most likely it'll take me another hour or two to set everything up, forum will be down for 1-5 hrs, i dont know how long this will take and how much of the coding i have to do, im doing a few of it offline so i can just upload and save some time :) hopefully this works out and i still have to download the theme packages in xml format just incase the themes get messed up and back up the attatchment file lol

lots of work :/

GF Eric
10-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Understood boss. Well everything will be better. :-)