PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tournament 3 '1UP PS3 Exclusive'

Scott
10-21-2007, 12:58 AM
K/B and mouse support and it looks pretty good

link (http://www.gametab.com/news/1079733/)

If only the Xbox 360 could support keyboard and mouse support. . . . . . .

Toxic
10-21-2007, 04:50 PM
If only the Xbox 360 could support keyboard and mouse support. . . . . . .

The problem I'd have with that, is that a game should be balanced for one or the other. If the game is balanced with controller use in mind (Halo 3 for example), people coming in with a mouse and keyboard will have a very unfair advantage.

At the same time, if the game is balanced for kb/m, people who want to use their controller will be left in the dust. I just don't think keyboard and mouse make sense for a console game, when the whole idea behind consoles is playing on your couch in front of your TV. If I want to use kb/m, I'll play on PC.

Scott
10-21-2007, 05:04 PM
The problem I'd have with that, is that a game should be balanced for one or the other. If the game is balanced with controller use in mind (Halo 3 for example), people coming in with a mouse and keyboard will have a very unfair advantage.

At the same time, if the game is balanced for kb/m, people who want to use their controller will be left in the dust. I just don't think keyboard and mouse make sense for a console game, when the whole idea behind consoles is playing on your couch in front of your TV. If I want to use kb/m, I'll play on PC.

That's what server settings are for. You can disallow or allow K/B and mouse.