PDA

View Full Version : why do people insist that ....

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Why do people insist that the ps3 is struggling? Granted it hasnt had a landmark year but given the complexity of the processor, and the system itself it should have been expected. However with that said we have still had a lot of great games come out, some great ones coming. The console isn\'t able to keep up with the Wii or 360 right now but I believe next year the ps3 will pass the 360 and with all these price drops and the new 40 gb version out I think sales will continue to grow. Its not struggling its just trying to find a sweet spot.

Mr Cool
10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Only people insisting anything are Sony Haters, Xbox Fanboys, and Gamer rookies who don't know any better.

Most of the experianced hardcore gamers are taking a look and saying "it's to early to call anything" and are really taking a back seat waiting for things to settle down before putting their chips on the table.

So don't worry yourself, next year we are seeing several extrodinary titles coming to the PS3 and the PSN is improving. sony is trying to compensate for the price point of the system as we've already seen. So they do recognize they are not in foulable.

Besides if things were really so bad the X360 would have sold much much more by now. 11 Million just doesn't cut it for success in an industry that has seen 120 million in sales. As things stand the PS3 has half that and is currently pwning the X360 in Japan which is good for PS3 because JP developers want to support the motherland before anything else.

Also the spike in sales for X360 last month with its 500,000 units can be attributed to a variety of factors. For instance my going on 8 friends who own X360s to "finish the fight" had RRoD before or during the game. So three of them finaly broke down and bought new systems because they really wanted to play that game. However 6 of the 8 have said they are selling the system (both of them) once they are done with Halo 3. So there's no telling of that 500,000 were people just wanting to play their game, buying the system because halo was the game they were waiting for, or some unknown factor.

To early to declare a victor. Why i think sony is right in saying next fall is the decisive battle as sony works to bring the PS3 price down even faster and pushes to get more Killer apps out on the system next year.

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Also the spike in sales for X360 last month with its 500,000 units can be attributed to a variety of factors. For instance my going on 8 friends who own X360s to "finish the fight" had RRoD before or during the game. So three of them finaly broke down and bought new systems because they really wanted to play that game. However 6 of the 8 have said they are selling the system (both of them) once they are done with Halo 3. So there's no telling of that 500,000 were people just wanting to play their game, buying the system because halo was the game they were waiting for, or some unknown factor.

Wow your friends must be as crazy as you. If they are selling there 360's without playing ME.

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Only people insisting anything are Sony Haters, Xbox Fanboys, and Gamer rookies who don\'t know any better.

Most of the experianced hardcore gamers are taking a look and saying \"it\'s to early to call anything\" and are really taking a back seat waiting for things to settle down before putting their chips on the table.

So don\'t worry yourself, next year we are seeing several extrodinary titles coming to the PS3 and the PSN is improving. sony is trying to compensate for the price point of the system as we\'ve already seen. So they do recognize they are not in foulable.

Besides if things were really so bad the X360 would have sold much much more by now. 11 Million just doesn\'t cut it for success in an industry that has seen 120 million in sales. As things stand the PS3 has half that and is currently pwning the X360 in Japan which is good for PS3 because JP developers want to support the motherland before anything else.

Also the spike in sales for X360 last month with its 500,000 units can be attributed to a variety of factors. For instance my going on 8 friends who own X360s to \"finish the fight\" had RRoD before or during the game. So three of them finaly broke down and bought new systems because they really wanted to play that game. However 6 of the 8 have said they are selling the system (both of them) once they are done with Halo 3. So there\'s no telling of that 500,000 were people just wanting to play their game, buying the system because halo was the game they were waiting for, or some unknown factor.

To early to declare a victor. Why i think sony is right in saying next fall is the decisive battle as sony works to bring the PS3 price down even faster and pushes to get more Killer apps out on the system next year.

it\'s hard to disagree lolz and I don\'t