PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite console?

Cov3rt
10-22-2007, 11:37 AM
What is your favourite console?

Mine is my Xbox 360 its the best

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 11:41 AM
The PS3, Well you just have to admit that the PS3\'s sales haven\'t been spectacular. They aren\'t bad by any means, it\'s just that it hasn\'t been living up to Sony and the Consumer\'s expectations.
The PS3\'s sales are identical to how the PS2 started off, and the PS2 went to sell what? Like 120 million units or something of that nature.

It\'ll pick up. Once COD4, Home, DMC4, and MGS4 come out, then the PS3 won\'t continue to be bashed.

Scott
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
The PS3, Well you just have to admit that the PS3\'s sales haven\'t been spectacular. They aren\'t bad by any means, it\'s just that it hasn\'t been living up to Sony and the Consumer\'s expectations.
The PS3\'s sales are identical to how the PS2 started off, and the PS2 went to sell what? Like 120 million units or something of that nature.

It\'ll pick up. Once COD4, Home, DMC4, and MGS4 come out, then the PS3 won\'t continue to be bashed.

Lol "It'll pick up" that's what all the fanboys say. They said that it would pick up when Lair and HS were released but look 360's still kicking it's @$$

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Lol \"It\'ll pick up\" that\'s what all the fanboys say. They said that it would pick up when Lair and HS were released but look 360\'s still kicking it\'s @$$

Well the problem is that the ps3 came out to a lot of negative press and the 360 already had a large number of consoles in the marketplace when the ps3 launched. combine that with wii sellouts everywhere and the perception is that the ps3 isn\'t doing well. The reality is that it\'s doing almost exactly the same business that the 360 did it\'s first year.

Scott
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Well the problem is that the ps3 came out to a lot of negative press and the 360 already had a large number of consoles in the marketplace when the ps3 launched. combine that with wii sellouts everywhere and the perception is that the ps3 isn\'t doing well. The reality is that it\'s doing almost exactly the same business that the 360 did it\'s first year.

Lol But the Xbox 360 had PGR and Perfect Dark when it was released. And then not long after GRAW2, DoA and Oblivion were released. And what's the PS3 Got? Resistance, HS and Lair lol

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 11:54 AM
i said PS2 since that was the last major console i bought, not counting my PSP

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 11:54 AM
I\'d really like to see the system pick up though, and I have a feeling that over the next year we\'ll see many new price points and models throughout the world.

Mr Cool
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I\'d really like to see the system pick up though, and I have a feeling that over the next year we\'ll see many new price points and models throughout the world.

generally I don't care about sales and how much the company makes however in this case ps3 needs it to show the developers that the system is a next gen and profitable machine

Scott
10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
i said PS2 since that was the last major console i bought, not counting my PSP

Lol when was that then? 2001 :laugh:

Toxic
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Looks like I am the only one voting for the wii.
WII RULES!

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Looks like I am the only one voting for the wii.
WII RULES!

I think the Wii is the most over hyped console it's only selling out because it's something new and people want to see what it's like.

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 12:06 PM
generally I don\'t care about sales and how much the company makes however in this case ps3 needs it to show the developers that the system is a next gen and profitable machine

Yeah but the thing is, the more the PS3 sells, the cheaper it will become to buy them. I just want the PS3 to expand. I too don\'t care how much a company makes or the amount a console sells.

IceCold
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah but the thing is, the more the PS3 sells, the cheaper it will become to buy them. I just want the PS3 to expand. I too don\\\'t care how much a company makes or the amount a console sells.

yep, completely agree, it just needs some advertising too to perk it up

Ghost
10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Xbox 360 Rulz! best games, graphics and best online.

Mr Cool
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM

Yeah the PS3 trends is like the 360 trend, so does this means it too will sell 120 millions? You can't compare both generations, too many variables...

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:32 PM
yep, completely agree, it just needs some advertising too to perk it up

Some lol no a load of advertising and a lot of awesome games. Even if it is advertised a load people still wont buy it unless it's worth the money.

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Well the PS3 comes from an installed base of 120 million PS2 while the 360 comes from an installed base of 25 million XBox. I\'m pretty sure that\'s probably why everyone (including Sony) was expecting the PS3 to do better...

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Well the PS3 comes from an installed base of 120 million PS2 while the 360 comes from an installed base of 25 million XBox. I\'m pretty sure that\'s probably why everyone (including Sony) was expecting the PS3 to do better...

Maybe if MGS4 and GT5 were released with the PS3 it would have done better.

IceCold
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Well the PS3 comes from an installed base of 120 million PS2 while the 360 comes from an installed base of 25 million XBox. I\\\'m pretty sure that\\\'s probably why everyone (including Sony) was expecting the PS3 to do better...

Yep, Sony and it\'s customers aren\'t holding the PS3 to the 360\'s standards. So doing as well as the 360 is really quite disappointing.

Mr Cool
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Yep, Sony and it\'s customers aren\'t holding the PS3 to the 360\'s standards. So doing as well as the 360 is really quite disappointing.

agreed, plus our console has functions that could give it a really long life span

Ghost
10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
The PS3 is not leading in the US due to a bad economy.

IceCold
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM

what? we have the strongest economy in the world

stocks are at near record numbers, the records being set earlier this year

what exactly are you talking about do you know?

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM

I'm sorry but that made absolutely no sense.

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Uh yeah... that\'s some hardcore fanboyism.

Mr Cool
10-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Uh yeah... that\'s some hardcore fanboyism.

i call it a lack of knowledge

Toxic
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Seriously some of you guys need to take the blinders off. The ps3 IS struggling and this fact has already been admitted by SCEA. If I can find the quote that Harrison made I'll edit later. But I believe it went something like "The ps3 has not met yada yada but we anticipate a strong holiday season and strong sales yada yada in 2008."

Right now. If you are preaching about how great and much more superior the PS3 is right now. Then you my friend are a fanboy.

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Seriously some of you guys need to take the blinders off. The ps3 IS struggling and this fact has already been admitted by SCEA. If I can find the quote that Harrison made I\'ll edit later. But I believe it went something like \"The ps3 has not met yada yada but we anticipate a strong holiday season and strong sales yada yada in 2008.\"

Right now. If you are preaching about how great and much more superior the PS3 is right now. Then you my friend are a fanboy.

who care fan boy or not, it\'s way too early to dictate how the ps3 will fair in the coming years

you sound like a xbox fan boy

Scott
10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
who care fan boy or not, it\'s way too early to dictate how the ps3 will fair in the coming years

you sound like a xbox fan boy

I didn't hear him trying to 'dictate' anything about the 'coming years'. We're talking about RIGHT NOW. And right now, even Sony has admitted the PS3 is struggling a bit. They can admit it. Why can't you?

Saying that isn't spelling 'doom' for the PS3. It's just saying that RIGHT NOW, they aren't doing as well as they wanted to be by this point.

You cry 'fanboy' quite a bit. IMO, you need to look in the mirror.

ShakerMaker
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
I didn\'t hear him trying to \'dictate\' anything about the \'coming years\'. We\'re talking about RIGHT NOW. And right now, even Sony has admitted the PS3 is struggling a bit. They can admit it. Why can\'t you?

Saying that isn\'t spelling \'doom\' for the PS3. It\'s just saying that RIGHT NOW, they aren\'t doing as well as they wanted to be by this point.

You cry \'fanboy\' quite a bit. IMO, you need to look in the mirror.

hey call me what you wish i don\'t care lolz
i can criticize and i do

but i\'m not referring to the articles about the pleading and w/e else is out there, what i\'m simply saying is in reply to everyone\'s as you said \"doom\" theory of the ps3, it\'s to early to dictate whether it will be a huge success or not

XxPatchxX
10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
PS2 but i do kick it old school style when in the mood

SnIffEr
10-24-2007, 02:37 AM
even tho it was not as good as i expected it to be, i still pick the ps3.

Blackbird
10-24-2007, 05:43 AM
I'm choice X-box 360 cause I always play Halo 3 on X-box 360 and yes I own a Nintendo Wii but doesn't play so much. :P

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
since i dont have any consoles really... except the ps2.. after playing on the 360 i might as well choose that

Scott
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Nice, the Xbox 360's winning there. Lol the big selling Wii only has one vote

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 12:12 PM
lol well alot of people have the wii but get tired of it and buy a 360 too :p