PDA

View Full Version : Pay to Play the Games in the Arcade?

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Well this is a question I would like to ask all of you and get some opinion. This would really put some good use to the GFP system that we have since the Shop Modification just isn't even near completion because they said they were almost finished 3 months ago.

Well anyway, if you had to use your GFP to play certain games in the arcade would you? And what if there was a Jackpot waiting for you if you get a high score or meet a certain threshold of the game that Pays out maybe double or triple of what you paid. Would you pay to play then?

Just vote in the poll and give me your opinion, I am working on fixing up a mod like this and seeing how it works on my offline board before I decide to move it up here.

Please note: The minimum post requirement of 10 will NOT be changed so by the time you get access into the arcade, you should have 10 - 30 GFP which should be more than enough of what I am thinking of setting the Price to.

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
It would be okay if you paid once and could play the game as many times as you wanted. But to pay each time you play would really suck.

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
It would be okay if you paid once and could play the game as many times as you wanted. But to pay each time you play would really suck.

well i dont think i'll be that mean lol, i will probably set it so lets say you pay 10 GFP for access to that one game for the next 24 hrs or so.

and VOTE so i can keep track lol, i should put an other option there

Cov3rt
10-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Would you need to pay to get in tournaments?

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Would you need to pay to get in tournaments?

nope, not unless there is a jackpot set for the winner lol :D then it'll just drive people to win

but guys, this hasn't been set up yet, i am just getting opinions, if enough people don't like the idea, i'll stop working on it and reintroduce it later on - like when you guys have a lot more GFP to spend lol :D

Ghost
10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Good idea, but when people do win the jackpot what would they spend the points on then?

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Good idea, but when people do win the jackpot what would they spend the points on then?

uh..more games with less posting lol - or custom user titles - and i am really waiting for that vbshop the creator of our point system is making - but he's taking too long even though he has 4 other people working with the code with him :/ i have no control over that sorry and i am trying to find other ways to spend the GFP and if you have ideas, just suggest it and i'll look into it - the pay to play in the arcade was just one that i had

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
I've just remembered something....

I knew someone who was a big member on my forum and they had a popular forum not sure what kind it was.... I think it was Vb
Anyway, they had a forum store were you could use your forum points to buy all kinds of things like the power to sticky 1 thread couldnt you do something like that on here?

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I've just remembered something....

I knew someone who was a big member on my forum and they had a popular forum not sure what kind it was.... I think it was Vb
Anyway, they had a forum store were you could use your forum points to buy all kinds of things like the power to sticky 1 thread couldnt you do something like that on here?

thats called vbPlaza that was taken off earlier this year because of major exploits - its no where to download on the vb site and even if i get it from someone else i dont have permission to install and use publically - well first, i dont want any legal problems, and second, i dont want any mod that makes the forum "hackable" - so i have to wait for the new and more secure one

the point system im using at the moment is the only one of its kind right now for vb, the rest of them were either shut down, deleted, or aren't supported by the creator

Blackbird
10-22-2007, 01:35 PM
I believe it fine with me and I have a one suggestions is to pay GFP to higher there prizemoney on Tournament when you join. What are you guys think about that?

LiNuX
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
lol so far only one person voted :-P anyone else have any opinions regarding this issue?

Scott
10-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Lol I totally forgot about this thread. I think it's a good idea, so I'm going to vote now.

Blackbird
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
That's was me that vote on the jackpot xD

Ghost
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I like the idea of the jackpot too. It kind of gives you a reason to play in the tourneys besides the bragging rights lol

LiNuX
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
I like the idea of the jackpot too. It kind of gives you a reason to play in the tourneys besides the bragging rights lol

lol yup :D

i havent gotten a chance to test this out on my test board, this arcade was causing me too much problems to even consider that lol, but i will see and post results here, hopefully i'll try it out this weekend

Juicebox
10-26-2007, 04:40 PM
It would be cool if you had to buy games with your GFP then you could play them all the time. LIke real life and then you could have like a little page for 'your collection' of all the games you have bought. But still any tourny games should be free!