PDA

View Full Version : Shoutbox Suggestion

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-22-2007, 08:30 PM
May I suggest a shoutbox near the bottom of the page just before it shows whos on?

Free Link: http://www.shoutmix.com/main/features.php

It seems like a pretty decent shoutbox, requires user login so you always know whos talking and it will give a place for group conversations. :D

FattaT
10-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Yea, the forum used to have a shout box.. but it was taking away post activity on the forum

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Well what if LiNuX posted a rule that it can only be for convo's that cant be posted in the forum

ex; Nothing to do w/games

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Yea, the forum used to have a shout box.. but it was taking away post activity on the forum

it had one for like a day and then i was told it was exploitable and i took it off lol

and as fattat just mentioned it'll take away from the forum activity - and that link you gave me is practically useless since it wont work with vbulletin, only blog softwares like wordpress, xanga, blogger, blogspot, etc..

vbulletin has its own modifications for vbulletin - about 5 if i counted right lol :D 3 are too exploitable for me to use so i think they are working on shutting those down and the other 2 work fine i guess

but if it will take away from the posting activity, i'd rather not have it on - shoutboxes always have bugs in them so they update often and if someone got smart and found the bug and exploited it to screw up the forum, i'd go crazy lol

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Well then can you please close this thread?

LiNuX
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Well then can you please close this thread?

of course

Thread closed as requested by Thread Opener