PDA

View Full Version : Most special editions suck, why don't they do this.

Toxic
10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Anyone remember the limited edition of Jade Empire, in which they included an exclusive in-game character and a special fighting style? Now that was the only time I ever bought a limited edition of a game. Lets face it, not many people care about an art book or making of DVD. You can see the scans of the art book online and watch the making of DVD online. But having something thats exclusive in-game, now that would definetly sell.

Honestly, as yourself...

If theres an exclusive playable character/fighting style only in the limited edition of DMC4, would you buy it? I would.

If Mass Effect included an exclusive weapon/vehicle only in the limited edition, would you buy it? I would.

If Halo 3 had an exclusive armor permutation in the limited edition, would you buy it? I would (well its too late now).

And so on..

Scott
10-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't want crazy SKUs of my games. Like.... why would I want them to do that? I don't want to pay an extra 10 bucks for the ultimate weapons in Mass Effect.

It'd be like buying a book paperback or hard cover, and the hard cover has a better ending and two more characters or something.

I'm also not much a fan of paying for content on top of paying the full price of the game, I'm personally not going to do that, just my preference.

I think special editions are best with nice boxes, and additions like the art books and stuff like that.

I wouldn't appreciate them dividing up the core game experience right from the get-go at release.

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 09:13 AM
I like special editions.. they usually add some new features so i dont see anything wrong with them