PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Issues

LiNuX
10-23-2007, 06:07 PM
As some of you may know, the forum Arcade is experiencing difficulties with the tournament system. Tournament 3 is currently "Frozen" at the finals match and won't do anything about it and it won't let staff to anything to it either.

So I am working on trying to fix it and it can take a few more days because I have to contact the ibproarcade staff to see if there is an easy fix to this. The only two fixes I know of right now is to reinstall or downgrade.

Reinstall would delete all the games and the scores - so that is something I do not want to do. Downgrade will possibly keep the scores but I am not 100% sure on that and I have contacted the arcade staff and I am waiting for a response.

You guys can still play the games freely and leave comments but Cannot participate in the tournaments yet. Tournaments are held off until this is fixed.

Truly sorry for this but this was something I did not expect to happen.

Regards,
LiNuX

Blackbird
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
That's why Tournament 3 hade been frozen omg :(

Scott
10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
That's why Tournament 3 hade been frozen omg :(

Yep so we cant start 4 just in case it happens again. There has been a lot of problems with the arcade lately

LiNuX
10-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Yep so we cant start 4 just in case it happens again. There has been a lot of problems with the arcade lately

i think the ghost of v3arcade is haunting it, he doesnt like that i left v3arcade for ibproarcade lol :twitcy:

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey, I'll do research on this and see if I can come up with anything. :yes:;-)

Hopefully these help: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-106453.html

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-127262.html

Can you give me any more info on different error messages or screens it pulls up for you LiNuX?

LiNuX
10-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey, I'll do research on this and see if I can come up with anything. :yes:;-)

Hopefully these help: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-106453.html

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-127262.html

Can you give me any more info on different error messages or screens it pulls up for you LiNuX?

thanks for trying to help lol but i've done all the searching needed

first: those links are from almost 2 year old posts :-P so useless to me because they had the arcade version with a 1 in front lol, we use 2.6.5

second: there are no errors or any pop ups, just doesn't do anything

i've already contacted the creator and left him a message but he's not the fastest guy in the world lol

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 08:59 AM
so did you try downgrading after? or are you waiting for the next release

LiNuX
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
so did you try downgrading after? or are you waiting for the next release

lol next release? it'll probably be next week by the looks of what they are doing - and i havent downgraded yet, i will test out downgrade later on today on a test board and see how that goes - the creator of the mod responded and asked if it happens in every tournament - i cant say yes or no since this has only occured in one only

anybody want to go ahead with the crazy closet one and see?

Scott
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
anybody want to go ahead with the crazy closet one and see?

Might as well then. Hopefully it'll work

LiNuX
10-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Might as well then. Hopefully it'll work

lol i was gonna go with it even if no one replied ;-) no other way to test since i cant have tournament offline, the mod forwards back to gamers-forum.com which is the online version

i'll set that up in about an hour or so, just got home from class, need to shower and eat

Toxic
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
People are already in the next one right?

Scott
10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
People are already in the next one right?

Yep so you arent in it this time :-P

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
i hope that this tournament works properly this time

LiNuX
10-24-2007, 12:09 PM
if tourney 4 goes well, tourny 5 will follow

tournament 3 will probably stay frozen, will make me delete it

sorry to xeysz for not showing you as a champ :( well i hope i can figure out a fix to this

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 12:10 PM
well i guess u can quickly make a tourny just for xeysz and let him win the helicopter game with a low score lol

LiNuX
10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
well i guess u can quickly make a tourny just for xeysz and let him win the helicopter game with a low score lol

lol it'll show up as a cheap record -and u need at least 2 people in it

Jasperking
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah thats true but i mean you could have been in it too :p. But i guess a cheap record..hmm just make another proper helicopter game tournament then.. im sure he will win