PDA

View Full Version : 'Transformers' HD DVD Smashes First-Week Sales Records

Scott
10-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Paramount says first-week sales numbers for its HD DVD release of 'Transformers' top those of any other high-def disc released on either next gen format to date.

According to a just-issued press release from Paramount, the HD DVD edition of 'Transformers' sold over 100,000 units in its first day of release, and went on to sell an additional 90,000 units over next six days, making it the fastest and best-selling week one release on either high definition format, as well as the best selling HD DVD ever.

The standard-def version of 'Transformers' also made news, moving over 8.3 million units in its first week, and 4.5 million copies on day one, a new record for the year 2007.

The performance of the 'Transformers' DVD and HD DVD has demonstrated the phenomenal success of this global franchise," said Kelley Avery, president, Worldwide Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures. ?We?re happy to be kicking off the fourth quarter with a title that clearly shows home entertainment releases are still an event that drives consumers into stores?which is a win for both content providers and retailers.?

Paramount's HD DVD release of 'Transformers' last week came less than two months after the studio abruptly announced it would drop support of the Blu-ray format, and would release its next-gen titles on HD DVD exclusively. The studio reportedly received $150 million in exchange for its exclusivity.

Nothing compared to the DVD version, but not bad.

GF Eric
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow that is cool. Anyways in business its all about competition.

Ghost
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Not my kind of movie at all but Transformers looks and sounds amazing in HD DVD, so much so that it is worth owning. It really is the best choice for showing off one's home theater setup.

LiNuX
10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
i saw transformers and it was pretty good, great action and graphics lol :D special and graphic effects were nice

they only broke the hd dvd sales record lol, they didn't hold a huge lead at the box office though, not as much as some other movies

KittyCat72
11-04-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm in the middle of watching Transformers right now. It's really good, I wish I had a car like that one.:laugh: