PDA

View Full Version : Muslim prisoners to sue Brits for offering them ham sandwiches during Ramadan

Scott
10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
link (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/19188/HAM-SARNIE-MUSLIMS-SUE-JAIL-FOR-2m/)

ahhh, remember the good ol days when jail, was, well...jail, and not just a place you go to kill time?

Toxic
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
*bites tongue*

Let's see what happens.

Scott
10-26-2007, 04:33 PM
*bites tongue*

Actually I think that's off the menu during Ramadan as well.

Ghost
10-27-2007, 01:26 PM
If you disagree, you are a bigot.

Scott
10-27-2007, 01:26 PM
If you disagree, you are a bigot.

Disagree with what? They should be happy they even get fed THEIR IN JAIL FOR A REASON! Law breakers have to many damn rights.

Ghost
10-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Disagree with what? They should be happy they even get fed THEIR IN JAIL FOR A REASON! Law breakers have to many damn rights.

Disagree with their lawsuit. It's offensive and degrading. And by opposing this, you are merely perpetuating negative, bigotted stereotypes. People have rights to sue the government for the government not respecting their food choices.

LiNuX
10-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Disagree with their lawsuit. It's offensive and degrading. And by opposing this, you are merely perpetuating negative, bigotted stereotypes. People have rights to sue the government for the government not respecting their food choices.

well i agree with ur statement lol

the guards there gave them Ham sandwiches even with they ordered cheese sandwiches, they aren't suing for giving them just sandwiches but the wrong type and giving them something that goes against the religion.

then when they complained about the issue of the "wrong" sandwich, they told him to "go away" which is a complete violation of not just religion but human rights as well - even here in the united states - if you have 3 choices as a meal, you should get the one you want and not the one the guards want to give you

ShakerMaker
10-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Just eat the fing pig already. Seriously, they have these new things called refridgeraters. It\'s not like in olden oldy times when bad meat could kill you. Bacon is awesome.

Scott
10-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Just eat the fing pig already. Seriously, they have these new things called refridgeraters. It\'s not like in olden oldy times when bad meat could kill you. Bacon is awesome.

It's not about the meat making you sick exactly. They see the animal as unclean in it's life as well as death. If anyone else cares to elaborate if it's more complex than that.. be me guest. That's as much as I've always been told.

LiNuX
10-27-2007, 06:41 PM

lol its not about the meat being old and rotten but its about religion - if you cant respect other's religion and opinion. how can you expect them to do the same to you?

i dont think the courts will pay too much mind to the "muslim" part because the guards violated their right of choice and not insulting the religion

IceCold
10-30-2007, 03:20 PM
My view on this is pretty clear, when in prison you should have the most basic of rights. The right to life. the right to food, but not the choice of the food.

Dont end up in jail and then eat whatever you want.

DeadCell
11-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Who the hell cares? The Bible says the same thing on this issue, just eat the damn pigs and shrimp you arnt going to burn in hell...well no one is for that matter...but it is silly. You are in prison you lost your rights, so live with it.

diablo
11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
how would you feel if you were fed something that you didnt want to eat?