PDA

View Full Version : Will Wright "The only next gen system I've seen is the Wii"

Scott
10-26-2007, 04:38 PM
We've got an Xbox 360 collecting dust in the background, a Wii hooked up that we use quite a bit. I don't have a PS3... At the moment I can get better graphics on my PC than I can on the PS3... The only next gen system I've seen is the Wii ? the PS3 and the Xbox 360 feel like better versions of the last, but pretty much the same game with incremental improvement. Bu the Wii feels like a major jump ? not that the graphics are more powerful, but that it hits a completely different demographic. In some sense I see the Wii as the most significant thing that's happened, at least on the console side, in quite a while.

link (http://kotaku.com/gaming/will-wright/digs-wii-xbox-360-collecting-dust-no-ps3-315389.php)

I've lost all respect for Will Wright. Next gen gameplay sure..Graphics no!

Toxic
10-26-2007, 04:40 PM
In a way, he is right....the PS3 and 360 are just really beefed up versions of their predecessors...while the Wii is technically "next-gen" in terms of innovation and a different approach to playing games....definitely not in terms of graphics....that's where the 360 and PS3 can claim "next-gen" from a graphical viewpoint...

prateek/pwnage
10-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah i agree with you Scott.

Wii is in a way the next generation in gaming with the controller but the graphics are no where as good as the other consoles. But maybe that was what they decided to do. Bring out a new generation instead of thinking about graphics all the time. Until now they are doing a pretty good job.

Wii has sold nearly 14m units compared to Xbox which has better graphics only touching 12m. and well ps3 is kinda in a loss.

Master_Dylmo
10-26-2007, 10:58 PM
wat will means is that wii is the only console w/ technology... suer oter consoles have uber graphics n games but not as much interactivity.. ps2 had eye toy.. no offence but thats crap.. wii has better technology than most other consoles

Ghost
10-27-2007, 02:05 PM
thats because will wright dosn't make next gen games. he makes the sims. you could probably run any will wright game on a pentium1 pc, maybe even a 486. you can run will wright games on 1980s hardawe. of corse it's gonna seem next gen to him. living 20 years in the past the present seems like the future.

Toxic
10-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I think everyone just read the title and posted.....

lol

ShakerMaker
10-27-2007, 06:27 PM
I tried the Wii, didn\'t like it at all. I would describe the control scheme as wonkey. So I disagree with him. A large part of the immersion in games come from near realistic graphics, so to simply dismiss that as important in next gen terms is the dumbest thing I have read in a while.

prateek/pwnage
10-27-2007, 07:05 PM
I tried the Wii, didn\'t like it at all. I would describe the control scheme as wonkey. So I disagree with him. A large part of the immersion in games come from near realistic graphics, so to simply dismiss that as important in next gen terms is the dumbest thing I have read in a while.

Well no offence but thats only you. And as far as the worlds thought on Consoles goes. Like I said before Wii has sold more than xbox and ps3 which both have near realistic graphics.

Jenatello
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Well no offense but thats only you. And as far as the worlds thought on Consoles goes. Like I said before Wii has sold more than xbox and ps3 which both have near realistic graphics.

I think mostly because it takes you back to when you first started playing because it was fun and "a game."

Much like board games, you would play it because it was flippin' amazing and then go on with your day. Now everything is so realistic and even MORE amazing (most games make my heart start racing, more so if I'm being shot at or racing, etc.) that it's not the same kind of fun that it use to be. The wii, in a lot of ways, brings you back to that.

Good stuff...