PDA

View Full Version : Which Opertating System

GF Eric
10-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Which Operating System do you guys think is better and which one isn't that great? Vote and explain.

Kiss
10-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Windows vista its awesome! my dad's got one i use it when i can i love it!

Metallica1983
10-26-2007, 08:20 PM
first of all why isn't XP up there Vista has too many bugs but since im a windows user ill go with vista

LiNuX
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
first of all why isn't XP up there

i quote that three times lol - i'll say none since i love xp as it is :D

and topic moved to General Computer Talk - operating systems aren't the same as computer programs :radar:

FattaT
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Out of the two (Vista / Mac OS X) I am going with Mac by far.
Vista sucks... the end.

Master_Dylmo
10-26-2007, 11:23 PM
i put none coz i use xp n its fine :P apparantly vista sucks and there is no way i am picking mac over pc neday lol

LiNuX
10-26-2007, 11:26 PM
i put none coz i use xp n its fine :P apparantly vista sucks and there is no way i am picking mac over pc neday lol

but mac has a lot of advantages over pc lol, like virus free and its great for graphics and vice versa - pc has a lot of things over Mac lol :D but its ur opinion and mine :rolleyes1:

NDM
10-27-2007, 04:23 AM
I puted none i like XP but XP is better than Mac i wached some serie on descovery and they puted may tests and XP was better!

cwbolton
10-27-2007, 05:34 AM
i say none im all for xp i mean whats not to like you can make it look good if you want it has great features like 80% of the stuff on the net is compatabile with it also its got drives games work and most of all its STABLE

Riku-Nara
10-27-2007, 01:46 PM
i vote both becuase my current os is a hybrid between a mac and vista.
best of both world's baby!

prateek/pwnage
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
but mac has a lot of advantages over pc lol, like virus free and its great for graphics and vice versa - pc has a lot of things over Mac lol :D but its ur opinion and mine :rolleyes1:

Yes MAC does have a virus free thing and like protection but what use is it if you cant do anything on it. And it takes ages to download stuff. You have to find all the different programs and stuff.

xeysz
10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Windows 2000 & Linux Ubuntu with GNOME.

lonewolfxix
10-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Windows Vista, it's buggy and consuming UNLESS you know how to use it properly. if you do, it can be a great OS. especially since Vista home premium OEM can be had for a few coins more than an xp home OEM. DX10 looks beautiful and vista has some great features.

Macs have a load of viruses as they gain more marketshare more viruses come out, and mac OS.. to stay upto date you need to upgrade your OS constantly and pay cold hard cash every time where as windows gets it for free, on PC you buy a new OS maybe every 3years to stay upto date costing.. i don't know, $400, for macintosh OSX, you buy the main OS for like $250, a year later you buy the new one (10.4.2 or whatever) then another year later you buy another and another, that's $450, i have no idea on prices but i based it that a windows os would cost $400 and mac os would cost $200 for the full install then $100 each upgrade, plus if you want to upgrade a mac, good luck, if you open it yourself they won't repair it for you and you need to buy special components aswell :P

LiNuX
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Windows Vista, it's buggy and consuming UNLESS you know how to use it properly. if you do, it can be a great OS. especially since Vista home premium OEM can be had for a few coins more than an xp home OEM. DX10 looks beautiful and vista has some great features.

Macs have a load of viruses as they gain more marketshare more viruses come out, and mac OS.. to stay upto date you need to upgrade your OS constantly and pay cold hard cash every time where as windows gets it for free, on PC you buy a new OS maybe every 3years to stay upto date costing.. i don't know, $400, for macintosh OSX, you buy the main OS for like $250, a year later you buy the new one (10.4.2 or whatever) then another year later you buy another and another, that's $450, i have no idea on prices but i based it that a windows os would cost $400 and mac os would cost $200 for the full install then $100 each upgrade, plus if you want to upgrade a mac, good luck, if you open it yourself they won't repair it for you and you need to buy special components aswell :P

lol you have to pay to upgrade the mac? that i did not know, i haven't owned a mac, my dad did but i was like 4 or 5 yrs old at the time :-P heh...

i still go with neither lol

wifi
10-29-2007, 10:52 AM
i never used vista or the mac so i cant pick either and i cant pick both lol, so only one choice left for me :-P

Atdheu
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Windows XP SP2

El3mentGamer
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Xp All The Way!!!

SnIffEr
11-13-2007, 01:30 AM
VISTA SUCKS... mac is ok but xp is like the 1337 one around for now.:D

Master_Dylmo
11-13-2007, 03:18 AM

mac is only virus 'free' coz its newer.. obviously as the years go by ppl will figure things out as they did w/ pc..

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, I'm using Windows Vista now :D