PDA

View Full Version : New Assassins Creed interview - Altairs Accent ...

Scott
10-27-2007, 12:57 PM
link (http://www.nzgamer.com/hub-x360-features-502)

This goes over a couple of details with Patrice Desilets, Creative Director of Assassin's Creed development team. He comments on how the 360 DVD compressing problems have been overcome, among other things; Including Altairs accent.

NZGamer: We noticed that Altair speaks English... but American English. Was that deliberate?
Patrice: Yes.
NZGamer: Yes?
Patrice: Yes.
NZGamer: ...
Patrice: It's deliberate, as to the real ?why?, you'll get it afterwards, I can't tell you why it's American English, but it's justified. It's one of the mysteries of the game, but after 25 seconds, maybe 45 seconds, into the game, you'll get it. All this stuff isn't a gimmick. We're not going to say ?oh! But you were dreaming the whole time!?.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who is skeptical about Altairs voice. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Assassins Creed - it looks fantastic. But since gameplay videos started popping up, I've found myself increasingly bothered by Altairs accent. I know a lot of people are gonna' be like, "gtfo who cares?" - but anyone who does, let me know what you think.

He has a rather corny sounding and very obviously American accent, by the way. I realize the developers have said that his accent has some sort of significance to the story, but I really can't see how it would.

Ghost
10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Maybe hm, someone using a machine thats trademarked to become a assasan and go back in time

Toxic
10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
It's not a time machine, think more creatively (if it were a time machine, why all the distortions?).. It's probably a projection through something or another (some have guessed his genetic structure). Anyhow, it's definitely somebody else (an american) seeing through altairs eyes).

FattaT
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
If it's a strong American accent. That will definitely bother me.

ShakerMaker
10-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I dont really think its story is futuristic. The futuristic touch they talked about was the GPS and the Assassination Bar.

I love Alt?ir\'s accent. Fits his personality and profession very well. Would suck if it was American or English. Arabic maybe?

SolidSnake
10-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Hmm im sure im not the only one whos noticed this, but does anyone recall the Dec. 05 issue of EGM where they talked about a new game, very breifly, called project assassin? I beleive its the same game, and if it is then i guess i already know why he has that accent.. I dont want to say what it said, becuase if it is the same game and this has gone by unnoticed it may spoil something, but then im thinking why would EGM know this thing then anyway? Sorry its just bothering me wether this is true or not.

Scott
10-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Hmm im sure im not the only one whos noticed this, but does anyone recall the Dec. 05 issue of EGM where they talked about a new game, very breifly, called project assassin? I beleive its the same game, and if it is then i guess i already know why he has that accent.. I dont want to say what it said, becuase if it is the same game and this has gone by unnoticed it may spoil something, but then im thinking why would EGM know this thing then anyway? Sorry its just bothering me wether this is true or not.

Lol what's EGM mean?

SolidSnake
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Electronic Gaming Monthly