PDA

View Full Version : Nba live 2008 its out!

NDM
10-27-2007, 02:48 PM
"Live has won us over"
"More fun than it's rival"
- Games Radar

"Controls are tight and responsive"
- Gamespot

"NBA LIVE is back among the league leaders. As Marv Albert would say, "YES!"
- Official XBOX Magazine (OXM)

"Pop the champagne and order some championship rings. Live 08's a winner." - Gamedaily

"Everything about NBA Live feels completely revamped." - Game Informer

What IGN said:

May 3, 2007 - Instead of focusing on some superstar-freestyle-highlight-reel-above-the-rim Eye Toy control feature that no one will ever use, EA has wisely decided that NBA Live 08 is going to be all about five-on-five basketball.

In completely unrelated news, Madden NFL 08 will focus on football.

Of course, this back-to-basics approach is a nice way of admitting that the previous next-gen NBA Live titles were the biggest basketball let-downs since the Pistons drafted Darko. Note to Joe Dumars: WTF? Seriously, WTF?

So EA broke down the game of basketball into the basic categories of offense, defense, shooting, passing, dribbling and said: "Let's try and make them good this year." We recently visited EA Canada in Vancouver and got our eyes on NBA Live 08 and came away impressed. Not by the game -- it's too early for that. But the EA cafeteria is awesome. Very impressive.

His swag is phenomenal.
Nevertheless, Live producer Brian Ullrich walked us through a Lakers-Pistons game of 08 to show off all the work that has gone into the action on the floor alone. Visually, the game is leaps and bounds beyond 07 -- the framerate is locked in at a smooth 60 frames per second and player likenesses are striking. Ullrich zoomed in on Kobe Bryant and he looked just like his Eagle County mug shot. The player models are still a bit "cartoony" compared to more photorealistic style used in NBA 2K7, but guys like Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed Wallace looked spot-on. While there is always a strong emphasis on player faces, it looks like a lot of effort has gone into body types as well -- Prince is long and wiry and has a 76-foot wingspan, and Kobe no longer has 24-inch pythons for arms.

Hundreds of new animations have been added to Live 08 that have opened the door for some subtle yet notable collisions. As Chauncey Billups tried to drive to the left past Jordan Farmar, Billups stuck his right forearm into Farmar while Farmar tried to cut off Billups from the hoop. In another sequence, Farmar drove to the bucket past Billups and Prince came over to help. Farmar attempted a layup but ran smack dab into Prince in the air and released an awkward looking shot as he fell backward. When two players collide in the air in 08 you'll see some spectacular sequences of players getting knocked around and falling to the parquet.

The dunk and layup buttons have merged and your aerial assault will be context sensitive. High-flyers like Vince Carter will probably try to posterize defenders with a dunk in traffic. But in too much traffic he'll simply lay it in. Tony Parker will never, never dunk in traffic. Never ever. As for shooting, EA fixed the trajectory of jump shots so that balls aren't soaring into the rafters -- shots now have a realistic arc on the way to the bucket. Players also spring up as they push off with their legs rather than floating upward in a magical jump shot animation. And ripping a page right out of NBA 2K's book, there will be about 60 signature jump shots in the game, including Shaun Marion's low release and Kobe's it-doesn't-matter-what-you-do-this-is-going-in shot.

Welcome to the hibachi.
A big emphasis has been put on rebounding. This is greatly helped by the rim no longer being a ball magnet. There will be a lot more long rebounds thanks to the improved ball physics, and all the players in the vicinity of the ball will go for the rebound. In 07, the only player jumping for a board was the player predetermined to get a rebound. And while they have not yet been added, Ullrich says there will be a bunch of new box out animations. We expect this could pave the way for some risk-reward as you decide to fight for a board with the possibility of drawing an over-the-back whistle against a properly positioned player. But we're just guessing. Kind of like Doc Rivers.

Finally, EA is addressing player movement and dribbling, hoping that many of these new animations will give the game a more realistic look. None of this is very sexy, like a simple crossover dribble, a change of direction or skipping backward on defense. The touches may be so subtle you won't notice, but the goal is to appear as if you're watching a television broadcast. The new default sideline camera helps, too.

We only saw Live 08 in action for 15 minutes, but it's clear EA has a chip on its shoulder and needs this game to compete critically with the stellar 2K franchise. With all the work that's gone into the basics, at least we know that EA is playing to win. Doc Rivers... not so much.
screenshots:http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/785/785412/nba-live-08-20070503000756478-000.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/785/785412/nba-live-08-20070503000742713-000.jpg

official trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBw3P4qbcA

Out for: Xbox 360, Ps3, Pc If I didnt write some dont be mad:laugh:

Comment and Critizize i want to see what do you think of the game!

Toxic
10-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Graphics look good but the players don't look as good as the Wrestlers in WWE SVR.

Scott
10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Which version of the game are the pics from? They sure do look good for a sports game.

LiNuX
10-27-2007, 03:11 PM
game looks pretty good, the last nba live i had is from 2004 lol - thats NBA Live 05

and next time can you please put the stuff not yours in quotes - not " " but the forum BB code for quotes

i'll edit your post and do that - thanks! its much easier to distinguish between what you wrote and what they wrote

FattaT
10-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I thought those pics were real life. ><
The graphics look great, but some of the movement isn't perfect, but still excellent.

NDM
10-28-2007, 04:07 AM
Okey LiNuX!

@scott: i think the graphic are from ps3
@toxic: surely they dont look like in wwe, but the moves are better then 07, 06 and such!

jakncoke
01-14-2008, 11:42 PM
game is terrible, the fps is so bad and is last amongst NBA games this year. EA can go straight to hell. I wish NBA 08 had a franchise mode, if it did that'd be the game I'd be buying this year

( yes I know this thread is months old)

LiNuX
01-15-2008, 12:31 AM
havent had the pleasure to play this game, but i've played all other NBA live games in the past, well most of them - and i know what u are talking about the fps getting bad - in my mind it got worse and worse every year, just the graphics were getting better but that did nothing

and to me, if u own one nba live game, u own them all, basically the same thing with just the team fixed to be current rosters

Juicebox
01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
It it's as good as NBA live 07 then I prolly wont get it I mean CMON that game sucked the living hell outta sucking it almost broke the sucking meter.

jakncoke
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah NBA Live 07 on PS2 seems to have graphics of PS1

Juicebox
01-16-2008, 07:38 PM
It's not the graphics that erk'd me it's the fact that you cannot zoom the camra in really close like in 06 thats what makes sports games awesome to me being close to the action.

ablaye
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Cool. I am going to get a copy of it and will write a review.

wallDawg
02-28-2008, 10:41 PM
i am doing a sacramento kings dynasty, 2 nba titles in 3 years so far, trying to gain momentum but my greatest achievement came sooner rather then later, i got an allstar roster of talent.

jakncoke
02-29-2008, 08:09 AM
i am doing a sacramento kings dynasty, 2 nba titles in 3 years so far, trying to gain momentum but my greatest achievement came sooner rather then later, i got an allstar roster of talent.

you buying this tripe kills my heart

wallDawg
02-29-2008, 03:51 PM
live is not the greatest thing but it has a perk, its decent enough, it loads fine, gives u a chance, the trading is real because its harder to acquire the talent via trade and sign free agents, talent is so valued that people like dwayne wade are hard to get because their to good to be gotten, kobe same thing in order to get who u want, basically have to wait till the computer offers u a deal for talent u have and if their stupid enough to ask it... I got dwight howard for ron artest, how? i have no idea.... the magic offfered howard and i took it. :-D

jakncoke
03-01-2008, 11:07 AM
2k8 is so much better and you paying for EA tripe doesn't give them any incentive to make better games. but o well your money not my problem.