PDA

View Full Version : If you got an email with this as the opening paragraph, what would you think?

Ghost
10-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Dear Sirs,

My name is Raoul C VAN O******* and I am the broker for a South African Medical Health Care Company “ Worldwide travel Medical Consultants” in Johannesburg, RSA. This company has been contacted by a Chinese construction Company and was requested to arrange 700 Chinese construction workers to have pre-assignment medicals in China, prior to being contracted to construct a mine in the South of the Democratic Republic of Congo ( DRC). The first 20 workers have to leave China in 3 weeks time !! As I understood this Chinese construction Company is based in Beijing and Shanghai but I assume they may recruit all over the PRC...

*snip*

My friend is seriously trying to set up some kind of labour exchange between China and The Congo and he's complaining to me that he sent this email to a bunch of hospitals in China and none of them got back to him. I read the first 3 lines and started laughing because it sounds exactly like some kind of Nigerian email scam

Scott
10-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Uh, I'd think...

SPAM BUTTON!

FattaT
10-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Uh, I'd think...

SPAM BUTTON!

^
Exactly! :laugh: I only open emails that I am expecting, nothing else.

Toxic
10-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Is your friend a Nigerian prince~?

DeadCell
11-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I would think it\'s the best offer I\'ve ever heard of!

Where do I deposit my families lifes savings at?