PDA

View Full Version : Philly: Phugly!

Ghost
10-27-2007, 08:07 PM
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday.

The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

About 60,000 people responded to the online survey -- at www.travelandleisure.com -- which ranked 25 cities in categories including shopping, food, culture, and cityscape, said Amy Farley, senior editor at the magazine.

For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071022/...attractive1_dc

lol someone had to come in last.

Scott
10-27-2007, 08:08 PM
It's also murder city these days.

Toxic
10-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I want to see the list. I bet Phoenix is up there pretty far.

Riku-Nara
10-28-2007, 01:39 AM
eh, guess the citizens are enjoying their cheese steaks a little too much!

*insert rimshot here*

IceCold
10-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I respectfully disagree.

MilkshakeNinja
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
That's just someones personal opinion..

DeadCell
11-03-2007, 08:13 AM
I respectfully disagree.

Me too.

Maybe to a bunch of stuck up clueless tourists who spend their days at the spa, shopping and eating at tourist traps, think Philly is bad. But I went there a few years back, many of the people we met were friendly and down to earth. From the hotel staff where we stayed at, to the people on the street we chatted with, which included police officers and city workers. To the people in south philly who made us a kickass \"hoagie\", Philly is the city of brotherly love, if you have love to give back.

And there were some fugly people there too, but that\'s not relevant at this juncture.