PDA

View Full Version : IGN GHIII Review: 8.9/10

Scott
10-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Looking good! Good news for 360 gamers as it is better than PS3's too. 360 includes an Invite function and full compatibility with GHII (read below for PS2/PS3 compatibility details). That's great, since I don't have GHII. I'm planning on buying the GHIII bundle and then buy a cheap standalone copy of GHII for 360.

One thing they didn't mention is how long the batteries last. I read somewhere that there isn't a built in rechargeable battery, so if you want it, you gotta go to Redoctane and buy it for ?20-30.

link (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/830/830837p1.html)

For the first time, the franchise goes online with co-op, face-off, pro face-off and battle mode up for play with a friend or stranger around the world. The PS3 version doesn't have any option to invite a friend into a game, so if you go with that version you'll probably wind up playing with more strangers than anything else. Still, the online game runs smoothly on both PS3 and Xbox 360 and is a fantastic addition to the franchise. Even better, the PS3, 360 and Wii versions are all linked together online through a community site that compiles stats, manages tournaments and clans and even has a little metagame of its own. Guitar Hero has already become something of cultural phenomenon and this is only going to push it further along.

Perhaps the best addition is the new Les Paul wireless controller. This is by far the best guitar peripheral yet. It's so good, in fact, that it actually makes the game a great deal more enjoyable than when you play it with anything else. This is the guitar to own and since it works with Guitar Hero 2 on Xbox 360, it makes the purchase a no brainer for anybody that has even a passing interest in guitar rhythm games. The only downside to it is that it won't work with the PS2 versions of Guitar Hero 1 or 2 when you put them in your PS3.

Toxic
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
nice so is this on the wii?

Scott
10-28-2007, 05:47 PM
nice so is this on the wii?

Yeah it is. It's Rockband that's only on the 360 and the PS3.