PDA

View Full Version : Sig of the Week to come November 1st

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
About 3 days from now we will have our first SOTW contest - Stands for Sig of the Week for thost that didn't read the thread title. A few of the members have been wanting this and I thought of going for the idea. Because I have a lot of other problems to deal with, this will have to be done manually. meaning you will post your signature in the thread specified and at the end of the week, a poll will open up entering all applicants.

Please Note: Only maximum of 10 applicants may join at a time. First come First serve. And you CANNOT vote for your own signature. This is only to be fair and if I find you voting for your own sig and trying to "cheat" - you will be banned from all future SOTW for the next 3 months.

More information will come in time, a new board will open up containing more information along with the winners thread.

Thanks! This is just an advance warning for all your Graphics people, so you can start making your best sig for the Poll.

LiNuX

Joshuah
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Count me in for that, will their be a theme and a specific size?:radar:

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Count me in for that, will their be a theme and a specific size?:radar:

nope - not for the first one at least

size will be these dimensions - this is the MAX dimensions so you can go lower

500x200

good luck making :D

Joshuah
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Oh and also, shall we write SOTW 1, and so on? Just for proof that it was made for the contest?

GF Eric
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Im in. You got me hooked and I will make the best sig you ever seen. :-P

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh and also, shall we write SOTW 1, and so on? Just for proof that it was made for the contest?

sure lol, only if you want, i'll post all rules and guidelines on Thursday, this is just a warning that so you guys are ready and not surprised when I set it up :).

I am now working on trying to get the winner's sig to show up on the forum home page, near the bottom with a link to the winner's thread :D just have to edit a lot of codes lol - but thursday i get the day off from EVERYTHING else, thats why I aimed it at that :D and its the beginning of the month, perfect time to start

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Sounds like fun, if I knew how to make a sig Id participate in one of these.

NDM
10-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Im in ofcourse hehe...

Joshuah
10-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Is their a reward for winners?

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Is their a reward for winners?

yup - i'll probably give out GFP at first - i dont have anything to give out lol, i would give out a free photoshop cd lol, but cant afford that :( and if i do that i have to do it legally, so no one comment trying to tell me they can get it for free

I am actually trying to make my own mod for vB that will let me manage all of this without having to code everything everytime there is a contest lol - just wait and see, im still organizing

Joshuah
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Why don't you put photoshop in a zip file put a password on the zip and upload that to a site and ever contest change the password XD

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Why don't you put photoshop in a zip file put a password on the zip and upload that to a site and ever contest change the password XD

...u need a cd key to use photoshop lol - PS is free to download and use for up to 30 days, then you must activate it, thats the problem, not the software itself

wifi
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
lol another contest only people with gfx programs can enter, good luck guys :D i'll draw something and scan it onto my computer and enter it lol :-P

Joshuah
11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
How about 2 free graphics for any Gfx Pro or LiNuX (Reward) but Gfx Pro and LiNuX must be willing to do it, I am :-)