PDA

View Full Version : PG Hideout

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey, this is my first attempt at a site and I'd like all your input. Obviously I'm still adding new things but this is it in general.

http://pghideout.spruz.com/main.asp

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 05:13 PM
please start thread in the right category next time, you are advertising your site and there is a place for it, does not go to post anything - thanks!

it looks pretty good but what's bothering me is the sig you are using for that site - it is very similiar to what GF Eric has requested to be made for THIS forum - the text and animation follows mostly the same deal just a little difference

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Yah, I'm sorry about that, NDM took it w/o consulting w/me first, I'm getting him to remove it.

Riku-Nara
10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmptyyyyyyyyy.
fill er' up, mate!

Ghost
10-29-2007, 06:25 PM
It's good. I like the colour and u got lots of boards

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Well, it won't be empty once i get some members to sign up, you guys wanna be my first?

Riku-Nara
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
i already signed up about an hour ago.
srry, forgot to mention that. :P

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Are you RikuNara?

Riku-Nara
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM
yup yup,!
breaking it down old skool style.

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Yah, I'm sorry about that, NDM took it w/o consulting w/me first, I'm getting him to remove it.

he also took it without consulting the idea man - GF Eric and the guy who first made a sig using a render from that - ME

please pay attention to whatever else anyone makes you, because you do not want to face legal troubles - the sig i made for eric rightfully belongs to Gamers Forum and no one else

Scott
10-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Nice forum, I might sign up later.

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I am sorry, I will not borrow anything from this forum ever again.

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I am sorry, I will not borrow anything from this forum ever again.

no such thing as borrowing lol, and we dont mind, we aren't that mean lol, we just dont like people taking our stuff without permission or any type of consent, i am sure you would feel the same if someone took major ideas or parts of your own forum

btw, good luck wih the forum - i just noticed that you are using a free BB host, i've never heard of them though, u would have been better off if you use invisionfree or something because you can convert those later on, i dont think you can with this once since the language is in .asp format

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Lol, is invisionfree? Remember, I'm only 14 years old so I can't pay for my own forum.

Scott
10-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Lol, is invisionfree? Remember, I'm only 14 years old so I can't pay for my own forum.

SMF Is free. I prefer it over the others.

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 06:50 PM

yes its free :) its in the name isn't it lol. I don't like it though. and you dont have to pay for your own forum when ur 13 lol. I've had websites earlier than that, its all about the learning experience.

the forum software i use is Paid but softwares like phpBB and SMF and YaBB are completely free, you just need a host to put it on, there are hosts that gives you give you free space for posting on their forum. That could be a start but if you want to take it slowly without the host headaches, you can do whatever you want. Invisionfree is basically the same as what you are using but in php, much easier for many people and if im not wrong, it has a lot more themes to it

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
10-29-2007, 07:12 PM
How do you change the theme on invisionfree?

LiNuX
10-29-2007, 07:48 PM
How do you change the theme on invisionfree?

i really have no idea lol, never used 'em - started with cpanel straight away - dont they have a support forum? they should lol - ask there and u'll get more help than here, or submit suppor ticket

Scott
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't spam up the support forum though. I had a friend who's and SMF Support forum mod and he told me how annoying that is.

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Don't spam up the support forum though. I had a friend who's and SMF Support forum mod and he told me how annoying that is.

im not a mod there but i used to visit back when this forum was smf and i saw people posting the same thing over and over again, they dont bother to look at the other threads for replies and sometimes just opens their own topic 2 or 3 times lol

its annoying everywhere, not just support forums

Silver Bullet
10-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Nice forum, but you really should cahge the banner. Chage the skin and change the icons. Then you use invasion board i think its free. And then make an animted ad-banner and then you tell evrybody about this forum!

wifi
10-31-2007, 10:25 AM
u need to work on it alot more for it to become good, good luck :-P