PDA

View Full Version : Converting .dem to .avi/.mpg/.etc

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know any good programs I can use to convert .dem files? .dem files are demos taken from counter strike. I've tried a few converters and they say they convert but when i run them, its NOT THERE. and it makes me mad lol

help appreciated! thanks!

lonewolfxix
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, I don't know of any converters but if your PC is decent you could get FraPS registered and record it like that, im guessing this is for cs1.6? if it was for Source I would of offered some help but i don't have 1.6..

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
yeah its for 1.6, i dont have demos of source even though i play - i'll look into fraps

i was trying to make some cs videos and dedicate them to this forum lol :D hopefully bring in new members that way - i already have a few videos of Hackers getting PWNED - lol

thanks lonewolf :D

but out of curiosity, what would you recommend for source? since i have that game too, u never know, i'll probably make Hackers Getting PWNED Source Style or something lol

FattaT
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
I can't remember exactly what to do, but you have to open the demo in cstrike, type some command and you choose how many frames a second the video is going to be, from there it saves every frame as an image on your computer and you convert all those images into a movie...

I will find out exactly what to do and tell you here a bit later.

Edit:
lol, I guess thats what Fraps is. My bad. =P

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I can't remember exactly what to do, but you have to open the demo in cstrike, type some command and you choose how many frames a second the video is going to be, from there it saves every frame as an image on your computer and you convert all those images into a movie...

I will find out exactly what to do and tell you here a bit later.

wow - .gif into .mpg/.avi etc.? that would be cool lol but i downloaded this program called SUPER lol - i read somewhere that it an convert and just like 100% of the other programs i've tried, it cant read the .dem file :/

thanks fattat!

Silver Bullet
10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
It dosent let me post links... Il post when i get 10 posts!

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
It dosent let me post links... Il post when i get 10 posts!

lol i thought u read the faqs - u need more than 10 posts - need to be member for 24 hrs :) thanks though - it doesnt work in PM either, it got blocked :mask:

Silver Bullet
10-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, i read the faq but i tought i could foll the bot, looks like i cant...

LiNuX
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, i read the faq but i tought i could foll the bot, looks like i cant...

lol u fool one mod and there are about 5 others behind it :) we have lots of security for the forum to keep away spammers

Silver Bullet
10-31-2007, 04:02 AM
Really? I didnt know and PM me to help you when i can post links!

lonewolfxix
10-31-2007, 07:26 AM
you can post them now. LiNuX, another idea, send me the .dem files let me log into your steam (you can trust me) I'll fraps them and upload them, full detail no lagg.

Silver Bullet
10-31-2007, 07:39 AM
NO LINKS ALLOWED - I have been stopped by the STOP SPAM LINKS Mod. If Staff sees this Message, Please Delete, thank you!

lonewolfxix you tolled me i could post links whats up with that?

lonewolfxix
10-31-2007, 09:50 AM
well it has been one day and you have double the required posts, you should be able to post.

wifi
10-31-2007, 10:32 AM
well good luck with this issue linux cuz i have no idea :(

and lonewolf, cant you delete silver's post? because it is "spam" and i dont feel like repoting the post since a mod (you) already saw it