PDA

View Full Version : Gang-rape victim faces lashes

Scott
11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
link (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21332543-2,00.html)

"A SAUDI woman who was kidnapped at knifepoint, gang-raped and then beaten by her brother was sentenced to 90 lashes - for a meeting a man who was not a relative, a newspaper reported."

Yes these are the people who some Brits and Americans think dont need any help......right....

Riku-Nara
11-02-2007, 08:24 PM
so this was the victim who got the lashes.
and not the criminals?
oooh boy.

Toxic
11-02-2007, 09:54 PM
There's probably more to it than that.. The Saudi's are actually a lot harder on sexual deviants than most anywhere else. There were guys a few years back that would dress in a burqa and go into the women's restrooms. There were a couple of rapes, but for the most part, it was just peeping. Those that were caught were publicly executed.

Mr Cool
11-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Thankfully Bush isn't one of those ignorant few and is happy to provide the financial aid so desperately needed by the worlds largest oil producer.

"WASHINGTON -- President Bush decided Wednesday to waive any financial sanctions on Saudi Arabia, Washington's closest Arab ally in the war on terrorism, for failing to do enough to stop the modern-day slave trade in prostitutes, child sex workers and forced laborers." Associated Press

"I hereby certify that Saudi Arabia is cooperating with efforts to combat international terrorism and that the proposed assistance will help facilitate that effort," Bush said.

"His memorandum came a little more than a month after the US Treasury undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, Stuart Levey, charged that Saudi Arabia has failed to prosecute the bankrollers of terrorist groups. Levey, the undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, told the US network ABC that not a single individual identified by the United States or the United Nations as a terror financier had been prosecuted by Saudi Arabia." AFP

"On behalf of the United States, I congratulate my friend, King Abdallah bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud, on assuming the Saudi throne and the position of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. We wish Saudi Arabia peace and prosperity under his leadership. I have spoken today to the new King, and the United States looks forward to continuing the close partnership between our two countries." G. Bush

DeadCell
11-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Well at lest those crazy ******s didnt hang her.