PDA

View Full Version : New Battlefield: Bad Company Preview!

Scott
11-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Check out the video on that page. Can't wait!

The single-player campaign hinges on you playing the role of one Preston Marlow: a soldier who by all accounts should be rotting in some jail cell in a defunct corner of the world, but instead has been assigned to the ragtag group known as B-Company. The 'B' stands for Bad, for the slow-witted. There are three other characters to compliment Private Marlow. First, there's Sarge, he's the boss of the group even though he doesn't particularly like being referred to as "sir." Next there's Sweetwater, he's the support man and usually stays in the background for the more heated firefights. Lastly -- and this bloke is definitely my favorite -- is Haggard, the heavy weapons guru who provides comedy relief to the group. He has a one-liner at the beginning of the campaign that I'm still repeating and we're more than two weeks removed from seeing the game.

This blend of characters sets the stage for a much lighter take on the events that follow in the wake of war. Your crew is obviously of a wrinkled moral fiber, which means that diverting from their core mission to search for a supposed treasure of gold bullion was an easy decision for them to make. Go for the gold, as they say. The single-player storyline follows our quartet of military proficiency on their quest to locate and capture gold loot. So now you know the setting for Bad Company, and just why exactly you're killing so many damned enemy soldiers throughout your conquest. But for as good as the single player hopes to be, the bread and butter of the Battlefield series has always been held within the multiplayer. This game is no different.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/817/817956/battlefield-bad-company-20070905104906023.jpg

More here (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/832/832229p1.html)

Mr Cool
11-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Damn, those were some amazing explosions, really nice sound effects too.

This game will go in the top 10 most played Xbox Live games for sure, and it will stay there for a long time.

Tons of people are still playing Battlefield 2 MC.

Caaan't wait for Bad Company. BF2MC is probs one of the best online games I've ever played. BC should be MC and better

DeadCell
11-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Really looking forward to this game.

Scott
11-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Damn, those were some amazing explosions, really nice sound effects too.

This game will go in the top 10 most played Xbox Live games for sure, and it will stay there for a long time.

Tons of people are still playing Battlefield 2 MC.

Caaan't wait for Bad Company. BF2MC is probs one of the best online games I've ever played. BC should be MC and better

But that was the problem with BFMC. The multiplayer was amazing but the single-player wasn't. I hope this ones single-player is better.