PDA

View Full Version : What's your Scariest gaming moment?

Scott
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
So, what moments freaked you out the most?

I'd say...

Doom 3

I know, I know. How can a FPS be scary you wuss? Try cranking that baby up on surround sound, playing at nights with the lights off, and you'll have a few pants wetting moments when virtual demonic beasts start jumping out at your Marine. Trust me.

Bioshock

While not really scary, there's a few freaky parts to the game. Particularly when the manequins start coming alive in the Cohen level, but also various other game moments with the splicers.

Ghost
11-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Slent Hill 2 : When you walk into a room and see Pryamid Head lurking somewhere.

Bioshock: In Fort Frolic in that Art Room where everyone is frozen.

Resident EVil 4 : Guys with Clot bags over their heads with chainsaws.

Half Life 2: Ravelholm

Eric
11-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Havent found a game nor movie that's scared me yet...

Course I do a lot of stupid crap in my life, so I really have no fears

Toxic
11-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Silent Hill 2 Every encounter with the pyramid head, I didn't even finish the game!

BioShock Sometimes I would turn around and a splicer would be standing right behind me, the manaquins in the Fort Frollic level were quite scary too.

SchoolBus
11-10-2007, 10:43 PM
When i was really really young (younger than 10 :-P) i used to watch my dad play silent hill..... i used to go to bed crying... lol

semperfi29
11-15-2007, 02:07 AM
FEAR creeped me out most.

extralife
11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Half Life 2: Ravelholm

Agreed... that entire section freaked me out the first time I played it. It gets easier if you play a second time, though. Not knowing what's coming is the hardest part. :)

But I think Doom 3 got the biggest reaction... the day it came out, a buddy and I installed it on a work computer and played during the lunch hour. The first time one of those pig-looking demons jumped out of the shadows at us... jeez. We both screamed. :)

Jenatello
11-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Resident EVil 4 : Guys with Clot bags over their heads with chainsaws.

Once they started coming out I made my boyfriend take over my game. I'm a wimp I don't care!

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 11:46 AM
scary? well i can tell u what got my adrenaline pumping

in Counter Strike usually when I am the only guy left against like 5 or 6 opponents and at the end i kill 4/5 or 5/6 of them and then i die - gets me mad lol - not really scary but gets ur heart pumping

Riku-Nara
05-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Resident Evil.
Playstation 1.
There's a part, in which you walk by, like a giant mirror.
I saw it, and i was like "Oh god no..."
I walked by it, and nothing happened.
Then, later in the game, i had to go back across the mirror, and of course, some freaky thing jumped out.
Bad times.

Reg
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Fear 2 the hole game is scary to me... That chick is freaky!

hidekipooj
06-01-2009, 11:38 AM
In resident evil 2:

When your walking back from the west wing of the first floor and all the zombie arms just POP out of the boarded up windows...yeah...that made me jump halfway across the room.

Reg
06-01-2009, 01:04 PM
^^ haha I remember that. But I still think fear 2 beats them all

Samus-Fan
06-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Lol, the first time I got pounced in Left 4 Dead...
--
Silent Hill 2, I was like 10 and watched them go through Pyramid Head and the hospital...
Big mistake.
--
Bioshock, like 2 moments, one with the Shotgun, because it was midnight and I was tired.
I don't remember the other.
--
Legendary, first meeting the werewolves.
--
I get scared easy though, lol.
Not too big into Horror Games, most of the ones I own aren't horror, since I can't stand them.

Reg
06-01-2009, 03:15 PM
not big in horror games I think they are the best :D

Freemymind93
06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
When i was little i used to watch my dad play a demo of metal gear solid, and it really scared me whenever you got caught and the exclamation point went up. Other than that, i stay away from the horror games, ESPECIALLY at night. Ugh, can't stand it. :no:

jakncoke
06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
never really got scared but major startle for me in RE4 when your walking on the a boardwalk and take a look into the water then that giant fish come rushing out at you.

EpsilonX
06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Silent Hill 2 in it's entirety.

scariest part of the game though was probably...when you're in the open field and you hear something running around, but it's pitch black and you can't see more than 2 feet in front of you.

or after pyramid head knocks you off the roof and the hospital turns into the nightmare hospital.

or in REmake, when you walk into a room and you hear a window break open but you can't see what is ahead of you, and it makes a sound you have yet to hear in the game. or basically when you kill a zombie and it turns into a crimson head and you try to run away and it chases you =\

the very beginning of silent hill 1 is pretty scary too. after that it just gets stupid.

edit: oh yeah, when i was a kid i was playin metal gear solid, and i was goin into the caves, and i shot a wolf in the face with a sniper rifle, and then i hit a button and turned snake around, so i pulled out the sniper and went to shoot it again, and it was growling at me. i ran out of the room and made mark play it. he got shot by a guy takin a pee

Samus-Fan
06-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Silent Hill 2 is pretty scary....
Don't your eyes get taken out in the hospital?
I could be mistaken, but I thought you were blind when you versused Pyramid Head for the first time..

Reg
06-04-2009, 08:34 AM
hmmm I haven't played that game is it any good?

Samus-Fan
06-05-2009, 11:31 AM
hmmm I haven't played that game is it any good?

It's fun, but scary.
I never got into Horror, so I dunno what is "Scary" and what isn't.
I think it is worth a play through though, I've heard it is fun.

EpsilonX
06-05-2009, 01:02 PM
1. you....you don't lose your eyes
2. it's incredibly worth playing, just remember to play it at night. it's not fun in the day.
3. It's scary for about 80% of it. Once you get to the last nightmare area, it's not really scary anymore

if you're into jump scares like resident evil, silent hill might not get to you, cuz if i recall, there's only like 2 jump scares the whole game.

if you're into a slow psychological burn that builds up through the whole game and messes with you, then yeah go for it

ambergris
06-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't remember it being a particularly "scary" game but I all I can say is that with the headphones on and really being "in the zone", I vividly remember my wife's gentle tap on my shoulder at about 2AM urging me to come to bed.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

-SACHMO-
06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
FEAR--> dont play that game, godamn scary
that or viva pinata :P

Iceskater101
06-09-2009, 06:33 PM
FEAR--> dont play that game, godamn scary
that or viva pinata :P

I have Fear and i put it in and I remembered when I closed me eyes at parts because I thought something was going to jump out at me haha
there is a fear2 i think

LemonRising
06-09-2009, 11:00 PM
DOOM.

That was before I randomly stopped being scared of anything.

Me and my brother played it and we just. stopped. then months later we tried again.
We really liked it but it made me jump so bad.

Exodyus
06-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't remember it being a particularly "scary" game but I all I can say is that with the headphones on and really being "in the zone", I vividly remember my wife's gentle tap on my shoulder at about 2AM urging me to come to bed.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Right in the middle of Left 4 Dead, no less!
I feel your pain.

Games haven't ever really scared me though.
F.E.A.R. - I didn't find that scary. A little eerie; a little weird, maybe.
Silent Hill and Resident Evil can be really tenacious though. Pretty nerve-racking. Dunno about total fear though...

projectnate
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Fatal Frame is my number one scariest game of all time..
I really can't play this., when i bought this game i actually thought i could handle it but no.. i just ended up watching my cousin play ~_~ thiss game really is scary trust me... UUUUggghhH!! I REAALLY HATE GHOSTS! T_T

koalla
06-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Resident Evil 4 with the lights off and surround sound up will scare anyone

EpsilonX
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
dude you people who are scared of FEAR are wimps. no offense.

and i agree with fatal frame. it's really really really scary. once you encounter a ghost though it goes down in scariness though, since normally you're locked in the room with it so its like you have to fight it. so you take pictures of something a lot, which isn't really scary. but when you're exploring...omg. i didn't get very far in FF2 before i stopped (which is sad, i paid like $25 for it used)

projectnate
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Fatal Frame's gameplay will surely take you off of your seat ;( i even threw the controller a couple of times when a ghost suddenly appears in front of me HUHUHUHUHUHU!! ;( I'm already getting goosebumps just talking about it..
one thing i hate about the game is when your quietly taking pictures of a ghost and when you turn your camera in the opposite direction a big samurai ghost holding a bloody katana will suddenly appear! T_T

Good thing i let my cousin finish it hehehehe:D:D:D

Reg
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Haha never heard of it, im going to look it up on google.

Jaykub
06-11-2009, 12:51 AM
When I first made mario jump over the flag....

EpsilonX
06-11-2009, 12:59 PM
omg have any of you seen the gameplay footage for silent hill: shattered memories? it looks amazing

Lord_Doom_1184
06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Call of Cthulhu: The Dark Corners of the Earth

this game has the best horror atmosphere i have never seen, inspired in the master of terror, H.P. Lovecraft. All in this game is amazing, the voices, the madness... really great and scarying

Cervantes
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
FEAR creeped me out most.

I would have to agree with you there.....fear had me on the edge of my seat while playing it literally the entire time. It also helped that i ALWAYS play shotter of this nature with lights out and the volume cranked so i can enjoy every aspect of the game.

Also you cannot forget the silent hill series. Everywhere you went in the game you had to have that thought in the back of your head asking "ok what's next", and even though your know that there will be something you always jump.

Lastly i dunno if anyone would agree with me but manhunt had some very sudden scary moments in it that would make me jump outta my pants.

I love games of that nature. Games like that pull you into the game like no others can. It forces you to become part of the game by using your emotions to enhance game play.

twister
06-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Resident EVil 4 HANDS DOWN !!

Cervantes
06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Resident EVil 4 HANDS DOWN !!

Bah i didn't find any aspect of RE4 scary at all.....there was nothing really surprising with any events. I would call that kind of gameplay surprising more than scary.

RaiDae
06-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Resident evil 3 for the wii...
i know the game itself isn't scary, but i was in the highlands in a cabin in almost the middle of nowhere. Parents were at the pub, lights were off, sound pumped up and i thought the windows and door were locked...
Half-way through a level something hits the front door hard. i, of course start to freak out.
My phone suddenly starts rinigng, and i get really creaped out.
then i find out it's just my drunk parents asking to be let in 'cos they forget the keys....
A total anti-climax but an extremely scary point in my life... for all i know it could've been a zombie

Trunks
06-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Sadly I haven't really play many horror games. I only played Fear on multiplayer because it's free. It would probably be Dead space though. That game on impossible difficulty scares the crap out of you o.o I still haven't beat it on impossible yet either... to hard.

puds
06-21-2009, 11:51 AM
LOL i had a jumpy moment in luigi's mansion. Yes, the most non scary game ever. It was pretty stupid but it got a yelp out of me.

Other than that I'm surprised no one has mentioned the condemned games. I mean the manicans freaked me out. And the bear in the second one. I don't think my mind will ever be the same after playing those games.

XxDe3ltaxX
06-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Well i would have to Agree Fear kind of freaked me out and ManHunt on the playstation

EpsilonX
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
LOL i had a jumpy moment in luigi's mansion. Yes, the most non scary game ever. It was pretty stupid but it got a yelp out of me.

Other than that I'm surprised no one has mentioned the condemned games. I mean the manicans freaked me out. And the bear in the second one. I don't think my mind will ever be the same after playing those games.

honestly i found condemned to be a steaming pile of dirty laundry. i only played the demo though, but it was a waste of time. the enemies weren't scary, just annoying and looked like slimy ninjas wearing hoodies.

puds
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
yeh but condemned is meant to affect you mentally. Sure the enemies were pretty annoying but you have to admit there were some places where you got a jump from them.

EpsilonX
06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
yeh but condemned is meant to affect you mentally. Sure the enemies were pretty annoying but you have to admit there were some places where you got a jump from them.

silent hill 2 > condemned.

even the weak enemies freaked me out. even areas i knew there were no enemies but the sound of something walking around freaked me out.

ill have to buy or borrow condemned 2 or something, but part of the thing that makes or breaks a horror game for me is the enemies

jak23
06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't know but games that scare me are when I'm being chased and I hit a dead end and I'm just waiting for the bad guy to get me.

KaylaLuna
07-15-2009, 01:37 PM
For me it wasn't exactly a scary moment .. but a scary game in general. That game was Undying !