PDA

View Full Version : COD4 Reviews for PS3

Scott
11-06-2007, 03:45 AM
link (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/832/832797p1.html)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a fantastic game. The single-player experience is easily Infinity Ward's best work to date. Calling it intense may be an understatement. The overall story is standard action movie fare, but the relationships built over the short five hours of play are surprisingly strong. Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.

94. 5 hours? Were they playing on Easy?

DeadCell
11-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Yep, good score. However, I think a 10 in graphics is going just little overboard. more like a 9.5, but whatever

Mr Cool
11-06-2007, 03:46 AM
Well it's the Same score on both platforms lol

DeadCell
11-06-2007, 03:47 AM
link (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/832/832797p1.html)

94. 5 hours? Were they playing on Easy?

I have been playing it today on normal and I will be lucky if it lasts 5 hours. However MP has been a blast and worth the purchase.

Scott
11-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Well it's the Same score on both platforms lol

It seemed they just cut and pasted for both the 360 and PS3 review. I wonder if other sites did the same?

Mr Cool
11-06-2007, 03:49 AM
It would've been nice if it wasn't a carbon copy of the 360 review. I'm interested if there are any differences at all before deciding which version to buy.

Scott
11-06-2007, 03:51 AM
1UP review (http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164177)

By hitting fast-forward on the Call of Duty franchise by 60 years, developer Infinity Ward is taking a chance. Call of Duty 4's subtitle "Modern Warfare" implies a lot in this day and age, and applying the series' famed qualities to a theater of war that's far less fictional than some might be comfortable with could easily go wrong. It was one thing when games based on the Vietnam War briefly appeared -- the debate then was based on a matter of timeliness ("Is it too soon?") and the controversial nature of that conflict. Imagine then, the walking-on-eggshells approach a developer must take to base a game on a highly controversial war that's happening right now. Bad writing and shallow, stereotypical characters could cheapen the experience, not just for the general game-playing public, but particularly for those whose lives are currently affected by the ongoing situation in the Middle East. It's an already delicate issue being addressed in a medium best known for "dude, blow something up."

9.5 there too.

Mr Cool
11-06-2007, 03:52 AM
**** I wish I could get it now, but no time for it and cant afford it

DeadCell
11-06-2007, 03:53 AM
So is this the first multi-platform title that doesn't have issues with the PS3 version?

Scott
11-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Gamezone PS3 review (http://ps3.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r32387.htm)

9.6 there. Wow it certainly sounds good.

Gameplay: 9.6
With each level, with each reveal of the plot, you begin to see a game that was finely crafted and tells an involving, evolving story. The gameplay mechanics are familiar and that is a good thing because there is so much going on in this game that fumbling with the controls would ruin it.

Graphics: 9.7
The nuances are phenomenal and the game consistently runs at a smooth framerate. The animations are also first rate.

Sound: 9.5
Infinity Ward knows how integral sound is to the gaming experience. It has proved that with previous iterations of this title. CoD4 is no exception. The sound is vital to the experience and really pulls you into the game and story.

Difficulty: Medium/Hard

Concept: 9.5
Infinity Ward strayed from the safe confines of the franchise?s established WW II element and ventured into new territory. The results are nothing short of superb.

Multiplayer: 9.3
The modes may be familiar but new life has been injected with the create-a-class system as well as the in-game bonuses and perk system.

Overall: 9.6
CoD4 is the best in a long and storied franchise. This is next-gen gaming in every sense of the phrase. This is an excellent game.

Toxic
11-06-2007, 09:32 AM
So did we ever find out what the "special surprise" was for the PS3 version?