PDA

View Full Version : A cow goes emo jumps off cliff and lands on minivan

Scott
11-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Couple escapes injury when falling cow hits minivan (http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_110605WAB_falling_cow_hits_minivan_JM.1e34a65e4 .html)

MANSON, Wash. - A Michigan couple is lucky to be alive after their minivan was hit by a falling cow on Sunday.

According to a report in the Wenatchee World newspaper, Charles Everson, Jr. and his wife Linda were driving on Highway 150 about one mile east of Manson in Chelan County when a cow fell about 200 feet off a cliff and landed on the hood of their minivan.

"It was 'bam'- you just saw something come down and hit the hood," Everson told the newspaper from a hotel room in Manson.

Everson, 49, and his wife were visiting the area from Westland, Michigan, near Detroit, and were headed back to their hotel after attending a church service.

The newspaper cites Everson saying he didn't see the animal until it hit and didn't realize what happened until after the impact.

"I'm like, 'I don't believe this, I don't believe this, I don't believe this,'" Everson told the newspaper.

"It's funny because it was such a close call," Arnold Baker, Chelan County Fire District 5 Chief told the World. "Inches different and the couple in this car would have been killed."

The Eversons were examined at Lake Chelan Community Hospital and released. The cow was euthanized at the scene.

Rena Albertson, the owner of the cow, said the animal was named Michelle and the family had raised her from a calf.

"She was a long way from home, lost and scared," said Rena Albertson. "She was at a breeding facility since August and had broken away from their control about three weeks ago."

Anderson said after weeks of attempting to contain Michelle, the breeder was right behind her on a four-wheeled ATV, but an hour later she was dead.

"She is very missed and I have yet to figure out how to tell our children what happened to her," said Albertson.
----------------------------------
Damn after jumping off 200 foot cliff an still live is crazy.

Ghost
11-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Euthanized?!? It was still living after a 200 ft. freefall? Wtf...

Toxic
11-07-2007, 08:08 AM
It was a sign from God to tell those folks to stop going to church.

DeadCell
11-07-2007, 08:26 AM
"She is very missed and I have yet to figure out how to tell our children what happened to her," said Albertson.

"Kids, tonight we're having hamburgers!"