PDA

View Full Version : Eiji Aonuma says the next Zelda for Wii might use a graphical style not used before

Scott
11-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Eiji Aonuma was interviewed in the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine (UK):

"Ocarina of Time was the first title I worked on, and I was continuously tackling challenges every day during its development, so I think this is the title I feel I impacted the most. I believe that experience made me what I am now. I always think about what we couldn?t do and what didn?t work well in the previous game when we start a new title, but there?s no game that I would want to actually change as such. I have to say though, the first Zelda game that I played and felt potential in was Link to the Past. I?m actually very interested in what it would be like if we remade that title as a 3D game".

Mr. Aonuma also states that he?s constantly thinking about what can be done in the next Zelda title that will surprise gamers. As far as graphics go, he can?t really say what approach the team will take. It depends on what visual style will best work with the story and gameplay. He says that the next Zelda could even end up with a graphical style that we didn?t even think of yet.

link (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207256)

I liked the style used in Twilight Princess. I don't want Nintendo to go back to the style used in Wind Waker.

Ghost
11-12-2007, 03:33 AM
To be fair I think the Wind Waker style is perfect for the Zelda universe.

It's certainly my favorite.
Twilight Princess sucked much life out of the world and made it quite generic for the most part.

TeknoVagrant
11-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Any style they decide to go with I'm sure will be great. I just can't wait to see the first screens, and get the first info

Archivist
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Yes yes yes! I'm very excited to read this... Zelda news is always good news.

Master_Dylmo
11-13-2007, 12:06 AM
i love zelda.. but i need anew console.. i seriously need 2 upgrade i have xbox ps1 snes n64.. dot get me rong xbox is great and i love nintendo.. but they dont supply all the games i want :( i didnt really like the graphics in TP too dark and.. not as.. "juicy" as the others