PDA

View Full Version : GoW the next Halo?

Raw!
11-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Is it possible? Gears of Wars becoming the next Halo?

And my second question is, is there a chance of GoW 2?

Strickin
11-12-2007, 04:49 PM
There is definitely going to be a Gow 2, because of the cliff hanger ending GoW had, also many people loved the game, some why wouldn't there be a GoW 2?

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I hope there is, it is a really fun game!

P.S. WooHoo! 100th post!

Strickin
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah me too, I'm probably going to even pre-order it, but I hope that the story line is harder and long than the first one!

Raw!
11-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I see. So 2 people support that idea. Can I ask you, has there been any information on the second GoW.

Strickin
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Here is some info I found on GoW 2...

What we heard: Though it might not be Halo 3, there's little question that Gears of War is a monster hit for the Xbox 360. Less than two weeks after its release, the game surpassed Halo 2 as the most-played title on Xbox Live. It has topped charts in the UK and was second only to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Bestbuy.com's sales rankings for the week of November 13 to 19. As of November 21, two weeks after its release, more than 1 million units of the game had sold worldwide.

In addition to its popular success, Gears of War is also arguably the best-reviewed game of the year. Besides earning a 9.6 from GameSpot--tying the Xbox 360 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion as the highest-rated game of 2006--Epic Games' shooter enjoys a sparkling 95 metascore on Metacritic, which averages dozens of game-review Web sites' ratings.

Given Gears of War's ability to tickle critics and mint money, a sequel is a near certainty. However, the GameDaily interview with Bell appears to reveal Microsoft has even grander plans for the game. When outlining his company's holiday ad blitz, the marketing guru gushed about Gears' burgeoning popularity. "Gears of War is a popular culture phenomenon in the making," he said, referencing a semicontroversial television advertisement. "The goal of this ad is to establish Marcus Fenix as the hero of the Gears of War trilogy. The intention is to create emotional connection with him that is lacking in typical third-person action title marketing." (Emphasis added.)

The official story: "Whenever a title enjoys the type of attention Gears of War is receiving, there is bound to be speculation and discussion about future installments. While we are discussing future plans for this very exciting franchise, we have not made any formal announcements."--Microsoft rep.

Bogus or not bogus?: Though it might be a ways off--the original took over two years to develop--Gears of War 2 is pretty much a lock, particularly given its (SPOILER ALERT) cliff-hanger ending (END SPOILER). As for a third, Bell's words appear to unofficially confirm comments made by Epic's meteoric lead designer Cliff Bleszinski, who has said on numerous occasions he wants to make Gears a trilogy along the lines of Halo. Now, it would appear Microsoft does too, though they're not talking about it openly...yet.

Raw!
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
AWESOME. +Rep added to you Strickin.
So Microsoft aint talking yet? Looks like Gears of Wars 2 is a high possibility. May I ask the source?

Edit: Take a good look, looks like it is possible. http://www.itwire.com/content/view/10348/1092/

Scott
11-13-2007, 02:13 AM
There is also a GoW movie on the way. But that was to be expected...

Raw!
11-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Now my only question is, will this become the next Halo saga?

Scott
11-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Now my only question is, will this become the next Halo saga?

Yeah most likely. It has a lot of hype already and it's going to be a trillogy

Raw!
11-13-2007, 06:58 AM
But will it be better?

Scott
11-13-2007, 07:26 AM
But will it be better?

The first GoW was amazing it has some amazing boss battles.

Toxic
11-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Gears is one of the greatest games ever the graphics, the cover system, the sound effects everything is just so amazing.

The 360 also has Bioshock there is a sequal planned for it.

Master_Dylmo
11-14-2007, 12:24 AM
shouldnt this thread b in shooters?

Scott
11-14-2007, 04:22 AM
shouldnt this thread b in shooters?

I never noticed. I just go to new posts. It has been moved.

GF Eric
11-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I took care of that problem of it in the wrong thread.

Also I think that its not possible that GoW will be better then Halo. Also there is a GoW 2 on the way.

Toxic
11-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Also I think that its not possible that GoW will be better then Halo. Also there is a GoW 2 on the way.

GoW is going to be a trillogy.

Scott
11-15-2007, 04:04 AM

Yeah it'll probably pick up it's own fans and become another Halo. Now that Halo is over what else is there? Half Life with it's 1 sequel every 6 years.