PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Applications Being Taken :: Apply Today

LiNuX
11-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Well folks, the time has come where we assign a few more moderators. We will choose about 3 more depending on how many apply and how many great candidates we have out of them. All positions will let you start out as the regular moderator position then you can move up to junior mod, super mod, and eventually a Global Moderator, the glory of them all. So please READ THE WHOLE THREAD Before applying.

There is a Staff Applications Board (http://www.gamers-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60) in this board itself as a Child Board. It is inside Forum talk and you will submit your applications for a staff position in that board. DO NOT POST YOUR APPLICATION HERE, we will not process it.

Just open a New Thread and Title it anything like this "Moderator Position: PUT YOUR USERNAME HERE" <= Please follow that template so it is much easier for us to follow and it'll show us that you can follow rules and directions. Please do not post if you don't have 50 Posts - That is our minimum post requirement at the moment. It isn't hard to get.

Please answer the following questions in your thread:

Name - (real name please)
Username - (on this forum at the moment)
Age -
Location - (specify the State if the USA)
Email Address - (please post in this fashion: Admin (@) Gamers-forum.com - so the email does NOT become a link. the last thing you want is spambots picking up your email.)
How long have you been a member of this forum?
How many posts do you have now? (if below 50 do NOT apply until you get 50)
Why would you like to be a Moderator here on Gamers Forum?
How would you help out the forum if you are chosen?
How often will you visit the forum to post and look for spam and delete all spam if necessary?
Do you have any experience in a moderator position in any other forums or websites? If yes, please tell me the NAME(s) - do not post a link.
Why should we pick you over anyone else that applied?
Will you get mad if you are not chosen for the position? :-)

Good luck to all applicants - you can discuss the staff application process in this board but do NOT post your application here - you will get a custom infraction from me - Follow all that I ask and you should have no problem.

I will try to assign the new moderators and welcome them to the staff by November 21st - about 11 days away so Apply soon!

Thank you and Good luck to all that will apply.

LiNuX

Blackbird
11-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm have sending my application now hope I'm get choosen and I'm willing to help you to improve the website. Trying to help you do not found any off topics on this forum. But it's over midnight now I'm have to go to sleep now.

LiNuX
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
i'll look at all submitted applications tomorrow or the day after, i'll just let everyone submit today and not look lol

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Yah, sent in mine too, hope the best people for the job get chosen! Anything to better the site! If you are taking any input from fellow gamers I think Blackbird would make a great mod! He is nice, and very helpful. :D

Blackbird
11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Well you know Linux about the last questions you have. Did you get mad if you get choosen? Sounds a bit crazy xD

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
11-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Lol, it says if you DON'T get chosen. Typo for you or did you just mis-read?

LiNuX
11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Well you know Linux about the last questions you have. Did you get mad if you get choosen? Sounds a bit crazy xD

read what adrenaline wrote - i said if you are not chosen :)

Lol, it says if you DON'T get chosen. Typo for you or did you just mis-read?

thanks for noticing - +rep given

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Lol, thanks, I'll do anything to help!

LiNuX
11-12-2007, 10:56 PM
keep the applications coming lol, counted 9 just now - but i won't be looking at any of them for a few more days, i'll give everyone a chance to show up first before i go on and start reviewing.

Jenatello
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm good with not being a mod. I like knowing that I have no power in anyway over something like this, too much pressure! Seriously, I would freak out.

LiNuX
11-12-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm good with not being a mod. I like knowing that I have no power in anyway over something like this, too much pressure! Seriously, I would freak out.

hehe lol - well u should know I have a ton of modifications on this forum to help out all staff members - such as the spam blocking modification - it points out all spam for you guys so you don't have to look too hard :D also the moderator control panel lets you manage and control all your bans, infractions, view users email if you find them suspiscious :D

but ultimately it is your decision but doesn't hurt to put in an application in just in case you reconsider - we have had mutiple cases of that here - two of them were when we chose the last mods :-)

Master_Dylmo
11-13-2007, 12:03 AM
im not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but when will we know when the mods have been selected (approx date if possible)

LiNuX
11-13-2007, 01:01 AM
im not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but when will we know when the mods have been selected (approx date if possible)

mentioned that on the first post - i'll quote it below

I will try to assign the new moderators and welcome them to the staff by November 21st - about 11 days away so Apply soon!

Scott
11-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Wow we already have 6 applications. Deciding is going to be very tough...

Blackbird
11-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Well, the last question you have that it's my 2nd time to answer that lol. Anyone Linux I'm wrote it wrong . That can be happend sometimes

Toxic
11-13-2007, 05:09 AM
I'm going to apply later when I have more time...

prateek/pwnage
11-13-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm going to apply later when I have more time...

lol toxic i thought u were already a mod with that much GFP.

Scott
11-13-2007, 05:20 AM
lol toxic i thought u were already a mod with that much GFP.

I think he won some of it in a tournament lol

prateek/pwnage
11-13-2007, 05:23 AM
I think he won some of it in a tournament lol

oh yeh 3 tourny's lol. fair enough. but still it means he goes arcade a lot. and stuff........

Blackbird
11-13-2007, 08:39 AM
There I made a misstake break one rules here in Gamers-Forum :( Well I believe everyone make misstake. :P

Scott
11-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Lol now we have 12 applications.

Blackbird
11-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Well Linux still won't look at them :D

wifi
11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
omg im gonna try to apply lol but the forum taking long to load for some reason :-P

Blackbird
11-13-2007, 02:50 PM
You give Linux more work now if you going to make an application

wifi
11-13-2007, 02:54 PM
You give Linux more work now if you going to make an application

lol ur just trying to wipe out competition, im gonna apply later :-P

Blackbird
11-13-2007, 03:27 PM
That never have been so much application before

Master_Dylmo
11-14-2007, 12:35 AM
That never have been so much application before

is this how all the mods wer chosen? if so that means if we dont get it now there is a chance 2 get it l8r rite:yes:?

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 12:43 AM
is this how all the mods wer chosen? if so that means if we dont get it now there is a chance 2 get it l8r rite:yes:?

yes of course - if everyone had just one shot then whats the point of life lol

well someone asked earlier why they can only see their own thread - it was deleted becuase we lost about an hour's post due to a crappy server so i'll answer now

you can only see your threads and staff can see your threads - this is to minimize other unimportant conversations from taking place and to keep it strictly to business

good luck to all of you - keep the apps coming - no such thing as too much work for linux :laugh:

Blackbird
11-14-2007, 05:03 AM
Linux its lazy do you have watch any application yet: :D

Scott
11-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Linux its lazy do you have watch any application yet: :D

I've looked through them :D

It's going to be tough just deciding on 3 people...

wifi
11-14-2007, 08:41 AM
i just put my application in :-P

Metallica1983
11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
i hope i get chosen

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 08:03 PM
you need more than hope lol, u have just a little over a week to show the people that will be judging you that you deserve it :D

KiNg_.-.OF.-._ChAoS
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I hope I get chosen, ive been tryin to be a big help

Metallica1983
11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
im always tryin to help out tryin to be on everyones good side;-)

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I hope I get chosen, ive been tryin to be a big help

a lot of people r, trust me :-)

im always tryin to help out tryin to be on everyones good side;-)

yeah u need to be on our BEST side lol - yes the staff has three sides so if chosen you all must grow a new side :twitcy: haha

and to all that applied - you must be able to do a minimum of 100 posts per month to keep your status - we will be enforcing that rule strictly from this point forward :-) hope you can keep up!

prateek/pwnage
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
thata kinda easy then if your just going to pick the people who have been nice to every1 else in the past couple of days and who are posting extra just to say they're on the whole time.

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM
thata kinda easy then if your just going to pick the people who have been nice to every1 else in the past couple of days and who are posting extra just to say they're on the whole time.

oh no, thats not how we base it, not from the past few days but we look at how you've actually benefitted the forum already - i said that you can show us what you can do in the next week or so because if the person feels he or she hasn't done enough, now is the time to change all of that :-)

of course i havent even looked at any thread apps except for looking at the thread - will take a peek this weekend :D

Blackbird
11-15-2007, 02:06 AM
I'm sure you have right about it Linux but even they is 12+ application there it's maybe not they become active here. xD

Riku-Nara
11-15-2007, 06:04 AM
you must be able to do a minimum of 100 posts per month to keep your status - we will be enforcing that rule strictly from this point forward :-)

O.o
any more hidden rules?

Scott
11-15-2007, 06:12 AM
O.o
any more hidden rules?

I don't think so. We've just decided on that one.

Blackbird
11-15-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't believe that it's hard enough, look at me and Scott xD :D

Scott
11-15-2007, 07:29 AM
I don't believe that it's hard enough, look at me and Scott xD :D

Well in the top 10 posters for this month so far 7 people have over 100 and it's only the 15th

TeknoVagrant
11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
i saw something somewhere on here that said you need over 100 posts look like i dont have a chance

Ghost
11-15-2007, 08:07 AM
i saw something somewhere on here that said you need over 100 posts look like i dont have a chance

i thought you only needed 50?

Scott
11-15-2007, 08:08 AM
i thought you only needed 50?
Yeah you're right you only need 50 to apply...

... But you need to be able to make 100 a day.

Ghost
11-15-2007, 08:15 AM
so youre half way there TeknoVagrant

LiNuX
11-15-2007, 10:33 AM
... But you need to be able to make 100 a day.

lol not 100 a day - 100 a month to remain - i'll be enforcing that with the current mods soon

Scott
11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
lol not 100 a day - 100 a month to remain - i'll be enforcing that with the current mods soon

Lol Yeah I got a bit confused with the forum going crazy. I don't think many members could get 100 a day yet lol

Jenatello
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
this thread is kind of like watching a soap opera... its fun.

Scott
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
this thread is kind of like watching a soap opera... its fun.

I've just noticed, you haven't applied yet?

Jenatello
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't want to be a mod right now. maybe later when my life isn't so crazy. I would feel bad if I couldn't get on here as much as I needed to to be a mod.

diablo
11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't want to be a mod right now. maybe later when my life isn't so crazy. I would feel bad if I couldn't get on here as much as I needed to to be a mod.

i feel the same way, i applied once before then school jumped on me and i wasnt able to come on for like a month, kiss that app good bye lol, but ur way more active than i am, i wouldn't be surprised if ur chosen ahead of me :D good luck to u jen if u do decide to apply

Jenatello
11-15-2007, 02:10 PM
i feel the same way, i applied once before then school jumped on me and i wasnt able to come on for like a month, kiss that app good bye lol, but ur way more active than i am, i wouldn't be surprised if ur chosen ahead of me :D good luck to u jen if u do decide to apply

Thank you. That kind of made me feel bad for not applying. I make it seem like I have a lot going on but I really don't. Mostly just want to sleep during the day. I work at 4am until 1pm (not all the time but most of the time) so when I get home I want to sleep. Blah. Plus I need to get a second job so that I have money for things instead of just being barley able to live.. *sigh* I'm a loser....

Good luck to you though. You seem like a cool cat.

LiNuX
11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Thank you. That kind of made me feel bad for not applying. I make it seem like I have a lot going on but I really don't. Mostly just want to sleep during the day. I work at 4am until 1pm (not all the time but most of the time) so when I get home I want to sleep. Blah. Plus I need to get a second job so that I have money for things instead of just being barley able to live.. *sigh* I'm a loser....

Good luck to you though. You seem like a cool cat.

crazy life huh - there isn't a day for me since i sleep til like 1 pm except on mon, wed, fri lol

and nobody is a loser - no losers allowed on GF lol so when u join GF - you are just as cool as the next guy

Blackbird
11-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, I believe 100 posts a day it's a hugs spammer xD

LiNuX
11-17-2007, 02:41 PM
well about 14 people applied and if anyone else is still interested feel free - I am hoping I am done with my term reports by tomorrow night so I can read over the apps on monday and make the decisions by wednesday night as planned. But plan's get pushed back if things happen. :-)

Good luck to all!

Blackbird
11-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah the time get really fast when you have so much think to do xD

oddball127
11-18-2007, 06:55 PM
hey anyone think i can get 50 posts by tomorrow morning?

LiNuX
11-18-2007, 06:56 PM
hey anyone think i can get 50 posts by tomorrow morning?

lol of course - how many new posts does it show for you? i'll assume at least a 100 so just reply to those and you are good to go - hope you dont disappear again :radar:

Metallica1983
11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
hmmmmmmm..... we seem to have over 20 applications damn thats gonna be hard most of those ppl have more mod expirence than i do:-(:eek1:

LiNuX
11-18-2007, 07:06 PM
hmmmmmmm..... we seem to have over 20 applications damn thats gonna be hard most of those ppl have more mod expirence than i do:-(:eek1:

how do you know there is over 20 applications? lol well its not 20 yet but ur not too far off :yes:

Metallica1983
11-18-2007, 07:09 PM
crap thats wut i was worried about ill never get the spot its gonna be a lot harder than the game review application was

LiNuX
11-18-2007, 07:13 PM
crap thats wut i was worried about ill never get the spot its gonna be a lot harder than the game review application was

i'll tell u that it really is - the game reviewers were chosen through light review - we give a full review of mod applications but again - experience isn't necessary, if you are chosen and this is the first time ur a mod anywhere, then later on when u apply to other forums, u can use this forum as an exp :-)

we probably base the least amount of weight on the experience - we look more to how active you are and how you've helped the forum

Blackbird
11-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Well, so you mean I need to make a new application :(

i'll tell u that it really is - the game reviewers were chosen through light review - we give a full review of mod applications but again - experience isn't necessary, if you are chosen and this is the first time ur a mod anywhere, then later on when u apply to other forums, u can use this forum as an exp :-)

we probably base the least amount of weight on the experience - we look more to how active you are and how you've helped the forum

wifi
11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
huh? we hae to make a new application?

LiNuX
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
no you dont have to make new applications, the ones right now are fine :-)

Blackbird
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I wonder if Linux have taking time to read the applications xD

LiNuX
11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I wonder if Linux have taking time to read the applications xD

yeah i've read some, still have to go over a few others

jakncoke
11-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Do mods get to ban people? I'm just wondering cause if they can't and if someone that isn't here that can it'd be annoying just following around a douche spammer and deliting his/her posts

LiNuX
11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Do mods get to ban people? I'm just wondering cause if they can't and if someone that isn't here that can it'd be annoying just following around a douche spammer and deliting his/her posts

yes they can - but its just good to infract the hell out of the spammer lol - sometimes very fun and its an auto ban after 10 points - you can ban for as long as you want with a valid reason of course

jakncoke
11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
That's good,perhaps in about a year when you have another of these's threads I'll actually submit, not this time though as I don't have a chance in hell to actually be get in

LiNuX
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
That's good,perhaps in about a year when you have another of these's threads I'll actually submit, not this time though as I don't have a chance in hell to actually be get in

lol you dont know that :D well we do have some great people submitting apps but everyone has an equal chance to win - some previous mods will get to put in a vote and thats how we pick the mods - all you have to do is impress a few of the judging staff members

and we get about 2-3 new mods every month or two - the last one was in october - near the middle just like this one

btw - happy bday :-)

Metallica1983
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
im doin my best to impress the judges

Blackbird
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Stop giving people tips and clues hehe but I'm always friendly with everyone so don't try to bribe the staff for become moderator. Just become friendly and that's everything. :)

jakncoke
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
lol you dont know that :D well we do have some great people submitting apps but everyone has an equal chance to win - some previous mods will get to put in a vote and thats how we pick the mods - all you have to do is impress a few of the judging staff members

and we get about 2-3 new mods every month or two - the last one was in october - near the middle just like this one

btw - happy bday :-)

Isn't that a bit much for site that only gets like 40 unique members a day at most 20 on at the same time, just a thought as I thinking everyone will be a mod before

also it's not really my b-day, I never put in my correct b-day cause I feel it's no one else's buisness but tks anyway if it were..lol

LiNuX
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Isn't that a bit much for site that only gets like 40 unique members a day at most 20 on at the same time, just a thought as I thinking everyone will be a mod before

also it's not really my b-day, I never put in my correct b-day cause I feel it's no one else's buisness but tks anyway if it were..lol

lol - well if u look at the staff to member ratio its pretty high for member per staff so we are just going slowly - some people are no longer mods since they either have no time or they were dropped for being inactive too long

Blackbird
11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
You have right Linux, they who are moderator here aren't here so much. I don't think they are much. Just wait and see then you going to see over 100 unique member every day then Linux had to fixed a new hosted :D

LiNuX
11-20-2007, 11:02 PM
ok guys today is the last day we'll be accepting applications so be sure to submit - tomorrow which is november 22nd, the announcements of the new mods will take place

once again - good luck!

Master_Dylmo
11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
yyyaaayyyy cant wait i really hope i get in!! if not am i allowed 2 submit again next time?

LiNuX
11-20-2007, 11:21 PM
of course you can submit next time - but we may do it so you don't have to submit and we'll just use this application at that time too - but that hasn't been thought out yet

Blackbird
11-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Of course you submit again this is my second time to submit my application XD

conman1000
11-21-2007, 10:21 AM
How is the voting going to work? Everybody votes for one person or people have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place vote or what?

Metallica1983
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
i don't think anybody votes i think LiNuX picks them himself idk we will see

Ghost
11-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I hope someone Votes for me :)

conman1000
11-21-2007, 02:37 PM

Sorry, but I think that's wrong, I remember LiNuX saying somthing about bringing other mods into this.

Scott
11-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Uh no Linux doesnt pick them himself.

Jenatello
11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I think that it's just a person that everyone agrees on.

Ghost
11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I think that it's just a person that everyone agrees on.

I thought Linux was making 3 of us mods?

Jenatello
11-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure. Probably... but the same thing goes for more than one person. I think it's people that they agree on to be the new mods....

ooooh this totally reminds me of an organization that I use to belong to... we had Grand Officers and such for the org and it was a lot fun... just a side note! :D

Metallica1983
11-21-2007, 03:29 PM
yeah 3 of us will become mods

Blackbird
11-21-2007, 04:28 PM
ShadowMario64 don't be so sure about that. :D

Metallica1983
11-21-2007, 06:15 PM
i didn't mean 3 of us as in everyone in the thread i meant us as in every member in the forum

Blackbird
11-21-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't understand you meaning :S

Metallica1983
11-21-2007, 09:26 PM

Thats why i alternate between school and forum i come home come on do homework while im logged on to the forum i get off for a little while then i come back on then i get off and go to bed

and if i am chosen im going to do my best to keep up with that 100 post a month thing

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 03:58 AM
Well, that's only if you get choosen but I don't think you have t? posts 100 in month. Well, I hope you understand Moderator Position. Anyway I believe it's going to be today they going to discuss who it's going to become the moderator,

Thats why i alternate between school and forum i come home come on do homework while im logged on to the forum i get off for a little while then i come back on then i get off and go to bed

and if i am chosen im going to do my best to keep up with that 100 post a month thing

conman1000
11-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Aren't we supposed to find out today who is the new mods?

LiNuX
11-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Aren't we supposed to find out today who is the new mods?

yes sir - just look out for the announcement - there are 2 that are definitely going to be picked and still controversy over a few others since different mods had different choices lol - but it'll be here today :D

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, we are not hurry Linux, try to choice a good person who are active here.

Scott
11-22-2007, 01:49 PM
yes sir - just look out for the announcement - there are 2 that are definitely going to be picked and still controversy over a few others since different mods had different choices lol - but it'll be here today :D

If someone I choose isn't picked then I'll know this is fixed lol

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 02:10 PM
When are they going to picked the 2 moderator? :)

Scott
11-22-2007, 02:14 PM
When are they going to picked the 2 moderator? :)

Well I think were waiting on Linux now.

DeadCell
11-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I thought about applying but I don't have the time to be a mod right now. But I might try next time

LiNuX
11-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Well I think were waiting on Linux now.

yeah im waiting on linux too lol, not me, my server, giving me problems, im on my laptop now, i'll make it for the announcement tonight - and we'll have 3-5 new mods - am just sure about 2 of them

I thought about applying but I don't have the time to be a mod right now. But I might try next time

too late anyway lol :D good luck next time then

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, so your server it's up already. :D

yeah im waiting on linux too lol, not me, my server, giving me problems, im on my laptop now, i'll make it for the announcement tonight - and we'll have 3-5 new mods - am just sure about 2 of them

LiNuX
11-22-2007, 04:27 PM
yes its up but in no condition to run as a server

conman1000
11-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Is there a time maybe that you are thinking of to tell us who the mods are?

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't think Linux have choose those moderator yet. :P

Scott
11-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't think Linux have choose those moderator yet. :P

Lol you're so inpatient why don't you go play a game or something...

LiNuX
11-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Lol you're so inpatient why don't you go play a game or something...

lol i was about to say the same -

i dont like getting rushed - i can make it so blackbird finds the results on monday :-P

lol im getting it ready now :)

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 06:47 PM
That wasn't me who ask, Why blame on me? :(

Master_Dylmo
11-22-2007, 06:48 PM
this is intence... lol

LiNuX
11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
That wasn't me who ask, Why blame on me? :(

lol dont worry, nothing's gonna happen since its already up

this is intence... lol

and intensity is gone because it has been announced

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I would like to locked this treads becuase we have already got ours 3 moderator in the forum. I'm only want to say well done to everyone who become moderator.

LiNuX
11-24-2007, 06:25 PM
never ever close my threads without my permission - i left this thread open on purpose just incase anyone had any questions on future mod apps or comments

thank you!

Blackbird
11-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry for closing your treads but I was about to open it again.

never ever close my threads without my permission - i left this thread open on purpose just incase anyone had any questions on future mod apps or comments

thank you!