PDA

View Full Version : COD4: After the Credits = WTF?! (Spoiler)

Scott
11-13-2007, 05:02 AM
After I beat the game (awesome ending btw), I let the credits roll through... the next thing I know, I come back in & I'm on a hijacked plane fighting terrorists, then at the end trying to head-shot one in slow motion while he's using the pilot as a human shield..... then breaching one side of the plane to jump out & see "objective updated" in the upper left corner, but go back to the title screen.

Uhh.... any theory as to wtf, if anything, this has to do w/ Call of Duty? I felt like I was playing the next Rainbow Six.

Toxic
11-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Didn't know whether it was a hint from IW that they had a different type of game in development (swat-based like RS) or something like that... epilogues usually serve the purpose of foreshadowing regarding the future of the series/characters - weird that they'd just throw in a short extra like that, that wasn't even military-oriented for no reason. Either way, pretty cool segment.

Between the terrorist manhunt in the Middle East (Bin Laden), the vessel attack at sea (USS Cole in 2000, Bin Laden was suspected to be behind it), hijacked plane (9/11), huge dictator statue in the middle of one of his city's squres (Hussein in Iraq), etc... it seems like IW based a lot of their storyline off of events that were intertwined w/ 9/11

Ghost
11-13-2007, 05:58 AM
wierd i didnt watch the credits but i saw the plane thing on arcane mode called the epologue or something else i dont know who you played as though since Jacksons dead and sSoap is badly injured

Mr Cool
11-13-2007, 06:03 AM
I thought it was there to bring closure to the story. Seeing as how Price and Gaz got it at the end in Russia, Soap was the only surviving member of the SAS crew, and thus becomes the salty dog to lead a new group of operatives.

When you think about it, it keeps with the theme that arose throughout the game, with you being the FNG at the start and Price being the hardass commander. In the flashback you play Price as the new guy subordinate to the experienced MacMillan, and in the end you wind up as the hardened veteran.

Master_Dylmo
11-14-2007, 12:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R372cdo9wEg

thats it for the ppl that are curious.. btw thats not me playin i just found it.. i like the slo-mo part.. intense

Toxic
11-15-2007, 03:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R372cdo9wEg

thats it for the ppl that are curious.. btw thats not me playin i just found it.. i like the slo-mo part.. intense

I hope you're not planning on getting it. Since weve gave away the story.

Scott
11-15-2007, 03:50 AM
I hope you're not planning on getting it. Since weve gave away the story.

Well it does say (spoiler) in the thread title.