PDA

View Full Version : [IGN] PS3 Assassin's Creed review

Scott
11-14-2007, 05:33 AM
It doesn't hurt that the animation system in Assassin's Creed is top notch. Half the fun of fighting is seeing the slick moves of Altair. His motions are fluid. It's like watching a ballerina with a sword. Seeing Altair climb a building is a real treat too. His body has weight, his movements are lifelike. His ascension is sometimes a struggle (though a proper one) to reach higher elevation. The cities, as I stated earlier, are truly remarkable pieces of art. These big open worlds, which are fully interactive, do come at a severe cost on PS3. There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions.

link (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/834/834770p4.html)

Ubisoft swore there were no differences.

Mr Cool
11-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Why didn't you post up the Gamespot review saying the PS3 versions framerate was better then the 360's?, I think we both know why.

Scott
11-14-2007, 05:36 AM
I wonder if Gamespot only compared early on and just carried on with the 360 version for the review.

Ghost
11-14-2007, 05:49 AM
need..official...ps3 vs 360 review thread...that way people can go directly to one place to read about the worse framerate that PS3 has on multiplatform games

jakncoke
11-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Regardless of better version I still don't know what people see in this game. I just think it looks like a boring game. Even if it got 100's across the board there was no chance I was buying it.

Toxic
11-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Well either IGN or Gamespot is full of it. So which is it?

Scott
11-15-2007, 04:05 AM
need..official...ps3 vs 360 review thread...that way people can go directly to one place to read about the worse framerate that PS3 has on multiplatform games

Gamersyde has a comparison video online, clearly shows the 360 version looks cleaner, better textures and a lot less tearing.

TeknoVagrant
11-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Well either IGN or Gamespot is full of it. So which is it?

depends,if you want to validate your system choose one or the other,if you want to look at it objectively:read all reviews rent/buy it yourself and make your own decision.