PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening to the Forum?

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Well I am very sure some of you have noticed the forum being down and a page that says the account was suspended - well this is to let you know that I am working on fixing these issues. I will update this thread on what is going on and my progress of work.

On sunday my old host was experiencing some Server problems, more specifically, RAM problems - this forum uses up a lot of resources and they did a very bad thing by not consulting me first and moving the site to a server with just 1 gb ram - the forum lagged and it made the server lag.

On Monday the forum was down for a few hours until the host owner restarted the server and router. It all seemed good because it was back to normal speeds.

On Tuesday - the forum was down for about 10 to 12 hours because the forum loaded the memory too much - they promised to move the forum to a server with 4gb ram Next Saturday, but it's too long of a wait for me so I decided to host the forum at my backup host For a few days at least.

Tuesday Night to Wednesday (today) Morning - I was up restoring the backup with the help of the host owner of my backup host. Took several hours. It was up and running. I check this morning - everything is perfect so I Go to class. By the time I come back - Someone found a password to one of my FTP accounts that led to another site on this backup host. They uploaded an html file that had to do with bank fraud and it was detected automatically and the host account was suspended. So that should explain that issue.

The problems are not 100% fixed yet and I am still working on trying to get everything settled. About 5 of my other sites on the old host account is still shut down because their server crashed completely. I am not too worried because I have backups from last night - All I need is the directory backup to restore that.

I am sorry if any of this has caused you guys trouble but I only have half control of what goes on.

Thank you!

LiNuX

Blackbird
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I hope you getting it fixed. Get your own hosted then you may not get so much trouble. :D120

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
yeah i plan to do that in a few months - after some of my host contract expires :-) hopefully that wont be any problems with that

Blackbird
11-14-2007, 03:30 PM
You could have a server with Linux like you named. Linux its stabil operation what it's now calling. xD :)

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 03:36 PM
yeah thats the plan for next week - but it wont be for hosting this site - i have other plans for it so just be patient and it'll all come into play :-) trust me

Metallica1983
11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
good atleast i know why my article fo the gr section was whiped out i thought it was my cpu

LiNuX
11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
good atleast i know why my article fo the gr section was whiped out i thought it was my cpu

did you submit an article yesterday or today? if yes im so sorry about that, i had no control over this :( it'll be better soon, i promise

p.s. congratz on ur 300th post SM64 :yes:

Ghost
11-15-2007, 07:43 AM
its not slow for me anymore :)

Scott
11-15-2007, 07:45 AM
It isn't slow for me either. But I have another problem. When I go to new posts half the threads that people have replied since I was last on to seem to be missing. I only just noticed this thread. This has happened to me before. But the problem was the game boards (I told you about that Linux)

Toxic
11-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Yea I had some problems with the forum not loading up. But they seem to be over now. I do hop that doesn't happen again...

Scott
11-15-2007, 09:28 AM
It seems to be slow again for me?

Edit: Forum was down again at 4pm UK Time.

LiNuX
11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
It isn't slow for me either. But I have another problem. When I go to new posts half the threads that people have replied since I was last on to seem to be missing. I only just noticed this thread. This has happened to me before. But the problem was the game boards (I told you about that Linux)

it co uld be browser problems so i dont know - it is a new server and all browsers have to update and what not - i tried fixing it before but i just ended up screwing up settings

Yea I had some problems with the forum not loading up. But they seem to be over now. I do hop that doesn't happen again...

i hope it doesn't happen either

It seems to be slow again for me?

Edit: Forum was down again at 4pm UK Time.

that was a few minutes ago right? the mysql packet limit is just 1mb - im gonna request that the size of that is increased to something much higher for stability

sorry about this

Scott
11-15-2007, 10:19 AM
that was a few minutes ago right? the mysql packet limit is just 1mb - im gonna request that the size of that is increased to something much higher for stability

sorry about this

Yep just happened. That's why I'm the only one on...

diablo
11-15-2007, 01:48 PM
wow sorry to hear about the problems, hope they are fixed soon

edit: i just went through the forum posting and stuff and its fast and no problem, r u sure its not just u guys lol because i seem to have missed the past few days

wifi
11-16-2007, 09:01 AM
aww forum seems to be acting bad and i hpe they are fixed soon

Blackbird
11-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Linux you really have to get a new hosted or else the site get doomed

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 12:57 PM
nah..site isnt doomed, i will be moving to another server within the host by next weekend - cant do it this weekend because i have too much other things to do :-)

Blackbird
11-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Gamers-Forum it's most important to fixed in your life xD :)

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Gamers-Forum it's most important to fixed in your life xD :)

yes it is - the thing is that it is pretty stable right now with lag from time to time and thats cuz im on a shared hosting, others on the same server do crap but i'll be moving out by next week - its thanksgiving weekend so i'll have 5 full days to do this :)

Toxic
11-16-2007, 03:52 PM
The forum still seems a bit slow for me. But its much quicker than it was last time I was on.

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 04:17 PM
The forum still seems a bit slow for me. But its much quicker than it was last time I was on.

im gonna work on fixing that by this weekend then lol - cant have my members complain about lag lol - im gonna see if i can make a deal with my host owner to have it moved to a vps for the month and then bill me for 2 months later on - i dont have the money to pay for the first month right now as I bought server parts about a day before all these problems came lol

Toxic
11-16-2007, 05:03 PM
im gonna work on fixing that by this weekend then lol - cant have my members complain about lag lol - im gonna see if i can make a deal with my host owner to have it moved to a vps for the month and then bill me for 2 months later on - i dont have the money to pay for the first month right now as I bought server parts about a day before all these problems came lol

I also seem to have problems replying. Quick reply doesnt work?

LiNuX
11-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I also seem to have problems replying. Quick reply doesnt work?

no problem for me at that end - try another browser or clear your browser cache - also try logging out then logging back in after 30 seconds or so - usually fixes cookie problems with the forum

Blackbird
11-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey Linux I believe Gamers-forum a lot faster than last week xD

LiNuX
11-17-2007, 12:42 PM
yes it is :-) im still going to move it to another host for extra speed and reliablity

Scott
11-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey maybe the forum is possesed...
The forum is much quicker today because yesterday I thought it was my psp and was about to give up on the forum